Linked Accounts - Post As

About This File

Linked Accounts allows your members to link one or more accounts then quickly switch between them. You have a full range of options about which usergroups can use the Linked Accounts system and which usergroups cannot be linked to. The POST AS feature allows the user with linked accounts to create/reply to a topic using a Linked Account. Each action is logged so you can keep a track of what linked account users do.

The Linked Accounts system could be useful for fan fiction forums, roleplaying forums, or just those of you with multiple accounts (e.g, John Doe, Administrator, Forum News).

Notes:

• Linked Accounts is integrated to Login system of IPS4, so to control the number of failed logins, Reset failed login count (minutes) on ACP ->Login Handlers -> Login Settings.
  • This version contains an upgrader, so you can keep on using accounts created on this app for IP.Board 3.4.
  • 2 weeks later...

Well hello there! As Adriano PMed me so aggressively to whine that I'd left his terrible product a 1-star review and advised me to post in the suspiciously-empty support thread before I go around letting other people know how poor his software is, let's go.

Adriano, please advise why exactly your software - once two accounts are successfully linked - suddenly prevents the currently logged-in account from posting at all, forcing the user to post only as the account they linked to?

Many thanks. I'm sure your support will be as wonderful as your attitude.

Well hello there! As Adriano PMed me so aggressively to whine that I'd left his terrible product a 1-star review and advised me to post in the suspiciously-empty support thread before I go around letting other people know how poor his software is, let's go.

Ok, let's start from the beginning. My PM to you:

If you have any issue on any resource, it's a good practive to request a support first, before burn it out on marketplace.

It has a support topic, you can use it or even send a PM!

I requested IPS to delete that review, since you NEVER requested support.

That's a Marketplace rule! I didn't create it. I follow it and YOU should do the same. IPS are aware, via Marketplace moderator, of this situation, so don't bother, I have NO intention to hide anything. If you REALLY REALLY REALLY found my PM agressive, I suggest you to seek psychological treatment since you're TOO sensitive.

Many thanks. I'm sure your support will be as wonderful as your attitude.

My support will be given exactly as requested, as you can notice on my first quote and through the excellence level of support below:

Adriano, please advise why exactly your software - once two accounts are successfully linked - suddenly prevents the currently logged-in account from posting at all, forcing the user to post only as the account they linked to?

New topic or post ?

You need at least to provide the minimum necessary information, intelligently, if possible, so I can understand your problem and fix the error, if that's is the case. Can you do this?

Edited by Adriano Faria

The other account can be another account created by the same member or one account created by admin, as a "one person moderator", whatever. If I link to the Jonh Doe's account and my group has permission to post as a linked account, then I can post as John Doe.

To link to any account, you need to know the credentials: login and password. So you aren't able to go linking to anyone else you want.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi, @Adriano Faria, I'm a new buyer of your wonderful application :) 

Here is my question: In the languages files I see, that there is some kind of "Lockout System" could be enabled, with many "Lockout Settings" and "Lockout time". But I cannot find , where should we enable this moment, and where to change the settings for the Lockout time?

Could you please advice, where to search these settings for, or was this feature removed in the previous versions?

Thanks,

1 minute ago, alexxis said:

Hi, @Adriano Faria, I'm a new buyer of your wonderful application :) 

Here is my question: In the languages files I see, that there is some kind of "Lockout System" could be enabled, with many "Lockout Settings" and "Lockout time". But I cannot find , where should we enable this moment, and where to change the settings for the Lockout time?

Could you please advice, where to search these settings for, or was this feature removed in the previous versions?

Thanks,

Oh yes, language bits from the old version. This is not required now because new version is integrated to login system, so the Core handles that now. There's a global setting on ACP to set this.

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, alexxis said:

@Adriano Faria, hello!

Just noticed, that when logged in with a linked account, and then vote in a poll, this user will not be shown in the poll results (when we click on "see who voted for this) , but the vote of this user will be counted.

Could you please check, whether this is a bug? and fix it please, if that's a bug,

Thanks!

Hi there. It works fine for me: http://www.screencast.com/t/N2BDeQf9ne

Is that the test you've made?

• 2 weeks later...