Linked Accounts - Post As

Love this app so much. ?

@Adriano Faria is it at all possible to get a column added to the linkedaccounts_log that includes the account ID number of the account being switched to?

It has the parent account number, but I'd like to be able to generate a list of all accounts that have been logged into (including subaccounts) over a period of time. Having that subaccount ID number would help greatly!

19 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

You already has that information in Logs:

1604648539_Screenshot8.png.1d32421bdbffb

Member X logged in as Member Y.

Not quite what I'm looking for. I'd like to access the member ID number of the subaccount, not just see what account it was. 

Essentially I want to create a block that lists all accounts that were accessed from their parent accounts in a period of time (a "who was online" list, basically), the easiest way to do that would be to use the information in linkedaccounts_log as it already contains the timestamp. But without the member ID number of the subaccount in the table, it's difficult to fetch the full username/link/group information from core_members.

Does that make more sense?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Joey_M said:

@Adriano Faria

I can't seem to change the author when editing.

If I start something has user1 and then change it to user2, it shows user2 as the info but the actual post is still user 1. I'll PM you the link so you can see, I'm using the latest version of this application and IPS Suite v4.3.4

Are you using latest? This was already reported and fixed: https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/419734-linked-accounts-post-as/?do=findComment&comment=2743109

Just now, Adriano Faria said:

I don’t think so. So are your talking about the post author or the “Edited by...” thing?

Yes.

It's weird then.

The post shows as me but the information shows as the intended account. When editing, it doesn't seem to match the author in both areas.

Check the link I PM'ed you bud.

Author - User 1

But below the post actually shows as 'User 2'.

---

If I post a new topic as 'User 1'

and then edit to user 'User 2', the app changes the author information but the actual post is unchanged.

21 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Let me try to guess: you created a topic as another member and when you esit THE POST it changes the author to your account. Is that what you’re trying to say?

No.

I created a topic that I intended to post as a bot account, I started it as myself by mistake but when I edit - I have the option to switch the author which I have done. It changes who started the topic, but the post remains in my account (this hasn't changed to the bot account).

4 hours ago, Joey_M said:

No.

I created a topic that I intended to post as a bot account, I started it as myself by mistake but when I edit - I have the option to switch the author which I have done. It changes who started the topic, but the post remains in my account (this hasn't changed to the bot account).

Ok, just fixed this. Actually, the "author" fields shouldn't appear when you edit the topic; only when you create it. Now you can also change the author when you edit first post.

Has anyone encountered a problem where occasionally users how post normally with this plugin present and the post author shows up as Guest?

I'm still narrowing it down if it is the Application, but I am wondering if this has ever been a problem reported. It's happening on maybe 5% of our posts.

1 hour ago, Adriano Faria said:

Let me know if you can provide steps to reproduce it. 

Ok, I have some great news, I have been able to re-produce it 100% consistently now.

Here is what I can now tell you:

• The problem occurs when the plugin is installed & enabled.
  • The problem occurs regardless of the Permissions enabled switch in the plugin setting is turned on or not.
  • The problem occurs when editing the initial topic post of a thread.
  • The problem does not occur when editing replies of a topic.
  • Even though the problem occurs, the edit does take affect.
  • The problem occurs 100% of the time in the above-described scenario.
  • The problem creates the following error on screen (as an administrator, obviously):

UPDATE `forums_posts` forums_posts  SET `author_id`=NULL,`author_name`='Guest',`edit_name`='PAO' WHERE pid=7466 
IPS\Db\Exception: Column 'author_id' cannot be null (1048)
#0 /var/www/html/pao/system/Db/Db.php(990): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('/*IPS\\forums\\To...', Array)
#1 /var/www/html/pao/system/Patterns/ActiveRecord.php(492): IPS\_Db->update('`forums_posts` ...', '`author_id`=?,`...', 'WHERE pid=?')
#2 /var/www/html/pao/applications/forums/sources/Topic/Post.php(335): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord->save()
#3 /var/www/html/pao/system/Content/Item.php(952): IPS\forums\Topic\_Post->save()
#4 /var/www/html/pao/applications/forums/sources/Topic/Topic.php(575): IPS\Content\_Item->processAfterEdit(Array)
#5 [internal function]: IPS\forums\_Topic->processAfterEdit(Array)
#6 /var/www/html/pao/init.php(460) : eval()'d code(171): call_user_func_array('parent::process...', Array)
#7 /var/www/html/pao/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/topic.php(496): IPS\forums\linkedaccounts_hook_la_newTopic->processAfterEdit(Array)
#8 /var/www/html/pao/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_topic->edit()
#9 /var/www/html/pao/system/Content/Controller.php(50): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#10 /var/www/html/pao/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/topic.php(39): IPS\Content\_Controller->execute()
#11 /var/www/html/pao/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_topic->execute()
#12 /var/www/html/pao/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#13 {main}

• The problem creates the corresponding entry in the System Log (not sure if it matters that the author_name is a name (Guest) when an adminsitrator gets an error on screen, versus the ID when its in the log or if that's normal.

UPDATE `forums_posts` forums_posts  SET `author_id`=NULL,`author_name`='836d9c3c80ba80af57ffb9842285dd6a',`edit_name`='PAO' WHERE pid=15 
IPS\Db\Exception: Column 'author_id' cannot be null (1048)
#0 /var/www/html/pao/system/Db/Db.php(990): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('/*IPS\\forums\\To...', Array)
#1 /var/www/html/pao/system/Patterns/ActiveRecord.php(492): IPS\_Db->update('`forums_posts` ...', '`author_id`=?,`...', 'WHERE pid=?')
#2 /var/www/html/pao/applications/forums/sources/Topic/Post.php(335): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord->save()
#3 /var/www/html/pao/system/Content/Item.php(952): IPS\forums\Topic\_Post->save()
#4 /var/www/html/pao/applications/forums/sources/Topic/Topic.php(575): IPS\Content\_Item->processAfterEdit(Array)
#5 [internal function]: IPS\forums\_Topic->processAfterEdit(Array)
#6 /var/www/html/pao/init.php(460) : eval()'d code(171): call_user_func_array('parent::process...', Array)
#7 /var/www/html/pao/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/topic.php(496): IPS\forums\linkedaccounts_hook_la_newTopic->processAfterEdit(Array)
#8 /var/www/html/pao/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_topic->edit()
#9 /var/www/html/pao/system/Content/Controller.php(50): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#10 /var/www/html/pao/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/topic.php(39): IPS\Content\_Controller->execute()
#11 /var/www/html/pao/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_topic->execute()
#12 /var/www/html/pao/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#13 {main}

#0 /var/www/html/pao/init.php(535): IPS\_Log::log('UPDATE `forums_...', 'uncaught_except...')
#1 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::exceptionHandler(Object(IPS\Db\Exception))
#2 {main}

• The problem happened to both members, and me as an Administrator while testing based on the above exact steps.
  • I am running 4.3.4

I would be extremely curious to know if you are able to replicate this problem based on the steps I provided, or not.

10 hours ago, Brainy S. said:

Has anyone encountered a problem where occasionally users how post normally with this plugin present and the post author shows up as Guest?

I can confirm this happened on my site.

I'm still running 4.2.9 on that particular site, so I just assumed it was because I was running 4.2.9.  I just disabled the plugin until I upgraded because I was the only one using it.

Edited by Bluto