Linked Accounts - Post As

42 minutes ago, Shiyo said:

but unfortunately the "Link" icon is missing on mobile screens. 

I don’t think it is a feature. I don’t remember have added this. Or are you requesting me add it?

42 minutes ago, Shiyo said:

Also, on some devices it also causes the "reported items" button to disappear.

Need to check on my install. Will do today later or tomorrow in the morning. 

Edited by Adriano Faria
32 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

I don’t think it is a feature. I don’t remember have added this. Or are you requesting me add it?

I see. Adding this would be nice since the whole idea (I guess) is to make account switching easier and faster. Most users are browsing from mobile devices nowadays.

Edited by Shiyo

Hey there! 

Running the latest version of Linked Accounts on IPS 4.3.1.

Getting a weird (and very random) glitch where when users use the "post as" feature, it will say in all topic information (above the topic title, or in Last Post information, etc) the account name that was selected during posting---but the actual post itself is under the parent account? So when you look at the thread, instead of seeing "Bob Murphy" you see "Easton Wood" -- even though when you're looking at the topic listings it says "Bob Murphy" under last post for the topic.

Very weird.

Doesn't seem to happen every time, either, or to particular users. Or in particular threads/forums. I can't pick it. 

When we use the Change Author mod to rectify the post author, it's all fine---and we don't seem to have issues when people "log in" their Linked Accounts and post. It's just this weird half-successful Post As.

Still no dice, sorry.

I'm selecting a sub-account to post, but the post appears to be from the parent account.

If I select sub-accounts to create replies (not new topics) it works fine. The post below should display as Alan Burdett, like it does in the topic information above.

a70981c241bd0a1172009c67ffce9a6d.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good Day,

My apologies for being a bother!

I am running IPS 4.3..2 and have installed the most recent release of the Linked Accounts app. Everything was working just fine until today.

Prior to all of the updates, after switching to a linked account, it showed both the parent account and the linked account in Who's Online and Recently Browsing. As of a few minutes ago, it has stopped doing that. It shows the parent account only in Who's Online and show's "no registered users" in Recently Browsing. I honestly don't know if this is a bug with IPS or if I've inadvertently stumbled on a bug in the application. This is not urgent as everything else seems to be working.

Site URL: http://www.sagaswildwest.com/

Please see the screen shots....

Showing account switched to one of my sub-accounts. Parent account is Stormwolfe.

899437609_ScreenShot2018-05-18at5_54_45PM.thumb.png.2ed28c8498555f569c7a874e23f00aa4.png

Showing Who's Online while switched to a sub-account.

2049586682_ScreenShot2018-05-18at6_06_37PM.thumb.png.55950cbd029f4b339cd221e978c22485.png

Showing Recently Browsing while switched to a sub-account. Parent account is Stormwolfe.

1313567886_ScreenShot2018-05-18at6_06_56PM.thumb.png.6f483a785cbdbe2cdb3aa52cee15fb5d.png

27 minutes ago, Stormwolfe said:

it showed both the parent account and the linked account in Who's Online and Recently Browsing

My resource uses a core feature to log in on another account. It never dis anything related to widgets. If it’s not doing now what it did before, then probably IPS changed something in the widgets. I remember something related to it in 4.31 or .2.

Btw, widgets are cached so it takes time to update. It shouldn’t update right away.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/30/2018 at 3:28 PM, Adriano Faria said:

Added link to the Linked Accounts listing in mobile devices

Sorry to bother you again Adriano, can we have the icon moved down here?

IMG_20180609_185208.thumb.jpg.b0330912d9c15e7e964c70590c1c4e5a.jpg

Otherwise it also shows up to non-logged-in users, which might be confusing for them.