Linked Accounts - Post As

• 3 weeks later...

I don’t think this would bring much value to the resource; it’s not its goal but send a PM; I can do as a custom job to you.

My apologies thought you weren't interested in custom work since you didn't reply to my custom work message. I removed it now though that message. My main problem is that linked account "post as feature" conflicts with anonymous posting of @DSP. Don't know if that's fixable though. I send a message to @DSP to see if it's fixable. 

Probably both extends same class so you probably will have to choose one, since they do similar things. 

yeah was afraid that was the case. Anyways thanks. If other people have the same problem if you disable post as feature you can use both. 

16 minutes ago, Serayah said:

Anyways linked accounts conflicts with anonymous

I’m not sure why you say my conflicts with this and not that conflicts with mine. Based in what?

You can allow TSP to take a look in mine to see if conflicts with his plugin somehow. If that’s my fault, I’ll fix it.

Edited by Adriano Faria

I'm taking some screenshots. to show you the conflict. But it's okay if it can't be fixed. I'm not expecting that all plugins and apps work perfect.

That's why I asked for the post as guest custom job if you remember that one last year. So I could remove the post as anonymous plugin and only use yours alone. But that custom job didn't update the post to guest in some areas like activity feed etc... you forgot to reply on that custom job and left the conversation. and tried to contact you again but I don't think you look at your messages often or something.

Example 1 ( I am a different user posting as jelle) :

conflict1.thumb.jpg.6067ca790d2c4ba979aaef98bf99af8b.jpgconflict2.thumb.png.2d2c557ca566573ec1c931490818a2da.png

example one has no conflict since post as overwrites anonymous. no issues here. However if I keep posting as the original author and try to post as anonymous...

Here is the conflict...

screenshot-vesanis.com-2018-03-12-22-35-43-298.thumb.png.ef2085e5927c7f88ead5ce1e951473b9.png

original author stays Jelle when the topic author is not changed but anonymous is enabled. the topic author stays jelle.

screenshot-vesanis.com-2018-03-12-22-38-52-543.thumb.png.c79f988ee1e998d0232ef2d976865169.png

I just figured it out I believe. When Anonymous posting is enabled it should overwrite post as different user. but currently post as user always goes first. Don't know if it's possible to fix this though. Anonymous should get priority when you enable it. don't know if there is a way to change priorities.

messaged this conflict to @TSP also

Edited by Serayah

ok but is there a way to overwrite it so that post as anonymous plugin overwrites "post as" when enabled? 

I believe when you turn on anonymous in thread or reply, it should get priority over post as user. That's the "conflict" I'm talking about. 

also any update on this? if you remember?

That's why I asked for the post as guest custom job if you remember that one last year. So I could remove the post as anonymous plugin and only use yours alone. But that custom job didn't update the post to guest in some areas like activity feed etc... you forgot to reply on that custom job and left the conversation. and tried to contact you again but I don't think you look at your messages often or something.

I'm willing to pay to fix so I can use only your app and remove post as anonymous.

Anyways thx for taking your time to look into it. I'll wait what @TSP opinion is.

Edited by Serayah

Hi,

I just purchased Linked Accounts. Are we permitted to use it on our -TESTINSTALL license installation instance as well as our live site? The reason I ask is, right now my live site is still at 3.4.6 and will soon be upgraded to IPS 4. We are finishing our testing on the -Test installation which is not accessible to the public, just our forum staff. We have also taken our live site down in offline mode in preparation for the upgrade. We are a roleplaying community so we are very excited for this. I think we used one of your earlier free versions years ago on an older version of IPS. That is why I am very excited, as we have many users that have to maintain multiple accounts for various characters, and a few of us even have to go farther than that and have taken over the inactive players characters and turned them into NPCs as well as all the other NPCs we created ourselves for our plot. So it gets out of hand quick. (Obviously some we don't have accounts for we just post in the text, but some we do in order to keep things apart and organized). Anyway, thanks for making this wonderful script. I was hoping we could test it out on our test installation so I could show the rest of the staff and so we can get used to the new IPS 4. We have been used to 3.4.6 for a long time now. This is a big step for us. Thank you for your time.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again,

I just noticed after linking more than 10 accounts a user is not able to view the forums anymore on logging in with their primary account. They get an error message instead. Administrators get the detailed error message. Once you go in and unlink one or more of the accounts to get  it to ten or less then it no longer becomes a problem and works just fine. Is this intentional or a bug?

error_linkedaccounts_EX1615.thumb.png.dcb711e1a8d4481edf51e5ac08865e4b.png

SELECT word_key, word_default, word_custom FROM `ibf_core_sys_lang_words` AS `core_sys_lang_words` WHERE lang_id=1 AND word_key IN('__indefart_content_record_comments_title','__indefart_content_record_reviews_title','content_db_lang_ia_1','__defart_content_record_comments_title','__defart_content_record_reviews_title','content_db_lang_sl_1','content_db_lang_su_1','content_record_comment_title','content_record_review_title','content_record_comments_title','content_record_comments_title_lc','content_record_reviews_title','content_record_reviews_title_lc','content_db_lang_pu_1','content_db_lang_pl_1','content_field_1','content_field_2','content_field_14','content_db_lang_ia_2','content_db_lang_sl_2','content_db_lang_su_2','content_record_comment_title','content_record_review_title','content_record_comments_title','content_record_comments_title_lc','content_record_reviews_title','content_record_reviews_title_lc','content_db_lang_pu_2','content_db_lang_pl_2','content_field_9','content_field_10','content_field_11','content_field_12','content_field_13','forums','select_forum','start_new_topic','toggle_this_category','forums_forum_143','forums_forum_107','forums_forum_146','forums_forum_148','forums_forum_119','forums_forum_92','forums_forum_149','forums_forum_147','forums_forum_150','forums_forum_107_desc','posts_no_number','view_user_profile','byline_nodate','get_last_post','f_hours_short','f_hours','_date_ago_c','forums_forum_144','forums_forum_144_desc','posts_no_number','_date_this_year_short','_date_this_year_long','forums_forum_145','forums_forum_145_desc','posts_no_number','f_years_short','_date_last_year_long','forums_forum_62','forums_forum_124','forums_forum_125','forums_forum_62_desc','posts_no_number','view_user_profile','byline_nodate','_date_this_year_short','_date_this_year_long','forums_forum_160','forums_forum_160_desc','posts_no_number','f_days_short','_date_this_week_c','forums_forum_84','forums_forum_104','forums_forum_161','forums_forum_162','forums_forum_163','forums_forum_104_desc','forums_forum_169','redirect_hits','forums_forum_169_desc','forums_forum_4','forums_forum_6','forums_forum_7','forums_forum_9','forums_forum_8','forums_forum_23','forums_forum_16','forums_forum_105','forums_forum_10','forums_forum_60','forums_forum_126','forums_forum_21','forums_forum_4_desc','posts_no_number','view_user_profile','byline_nodate','_date_this_week_c','forums_forum_20','forums_forum_155','forums_forum_72','forums_forum_63','forums_forum_24','forums_forum_22','forums_forum_94','forums_forum_96','forums_forum_132','forums_forum_153','forums_forum_20_desc','posts_no_number','_date_this_year_short','_date_this_year_long','forums_forum_165','forums_forum_165_desc','posts_no_number','view_user_profile','byline_nodate','forums_forum_59','forums_forum_59_desc','posts_no_number','f_years_short','_date_last_year_long','forums_forum_69','forums_forum_69_desc','posts_no_number','_date_last_year_long','forums_forum_80','forums_forum_80_desc','posts_no_number','view_user_profile','byline_nodate','f_years_short','_date_last_year_long','forums_forum_138','forums_forum_138_desc','no_forum_posts','forums_forum_88','forums_forum_89','forums_forum_90','forums_forum_91','forums_forum_110','forums_forum_112','forums_forum_88_desc','posts_no_number','forums_forum_82','forums_forum_2','forums_forum_2_desc','posts_no_number','f_days_short','_date_this_week_c','forums_forum_154','forums_forum_166','forums_forum_167','forums_forum_168','forums_forum_154_desc','posts_no_number','_date_this_year_short','_date_this_year_long','forums_forum_140','forums_forum_83','forums_forum_3','forums_forum_73','forums_forum_93','forums_forum_140_desc','posts_no_number','queued_topics_badge','_date_this_year_short','_date_this_year_long','forums_forum_71','forums_forum_58','forums_forum_71_desc','posts_no_number','view_user_profile','byline_nodate','f_years_short','_date_last_year_long','forums_forum_61','forums_forum_61_desc','posts_no_number','view_user_profile','byline_nodate','f_years_short','_date_last_year_long','forums_forum_86','forums_forum_87','forums_forum_87_desc','posts_no_number','f_years_short','_date_last_year_long','jump_to_content_desc','jump_to_content','create_menu_title','create_menu','add_announcement','announcement','status_update','saved','member_status','topic','gallery_image','select_category','file_download','select_blog','blog_entry','menu__linkedaccounts_linkedaccounts','core_group_55','sign_in_short','core_group_65','view_user_profile','view_user_profile','core_group_31','view_user_profile','view_user_profile','view_user_profile','core_group_48','view_user_profile','core_group_38','view_user_profile','core_group_17','view_user_profile','view_user_profile','manage_linked_accounts','userbar_notifications','notification_options','notifications','see_all_notifications','userbar_messages','compose_new','message_sent','userbar_messages','go_to_inbox','userbar_reports','report_center_header','report_center_link','menu_content','view_my_profile','menu_profile','my_attachments','menu_settings_title','menu_followed_content','edit_account_settings','menu_settings','menu_manage_ignore','menu_modcp','menu_admincp','sign_out','search_everything','advanced_search','search_placeholder','menu_item_1','frontnavigation_forums','frontnavigation_gallery','frontnavigation_blogs','frontnavigation_downloads','staff','online_users','menu_item_20','menu_item_21','leaderboard_title','frontnavigation_calendar','more','menu_item_2','all_activity','your_activity_streams','default_streams','stream_title_1','stream_title_2','stream_title_3','stream_title_4','stream_title_5','create_new_stream','search','menu_item_19','cms_page_5','mark_site_read','mark_site_read_button','home','block_announcements','view_user_profile','widget_blank_or_no_context','contact_sent_blurb','contact','manage_blocks','copyright_line_value','mobile_menu_account','mobile_menu_back') and word_js=0
IPS\Db\Exception: Prepared statement needs to be re-prepared (1615)
#0 /home/(redacted)/public_html/(forums folder)/system/Db/Select.php(378): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('/*IPS\\_Lang::pa...', Array, true)
#1 /home/(redacted)/public_html/(forums folder)/system/Db/Select.php(440): IPS\Db\_Select->runQuery()
#2 /home/(redacted)/public_html/(forums folder)/system/Lang/Lang.php(1466): IPS\Db\_Select->rewind()
#3 /home/(redacted)/public_html/(forums folder)/system/Output/Output.php(679): IPS\_Lang->parseOutputForDisplay('\n<!DOCTYPE html...')
#4 /home/(redacted)/public_html/(forums folder)/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(166): IPS\_Output->sendOutput('\n<!DOCTYPE html...', 200, 'text/html', Array)
#5 /home/(redacted)/public_html/(forums folder)/system/Dispatcher/Standard.php(103): IPS\_Dispatcher->finish()
#6 /home/(redacted)/public_html/(forums folder)/system/Dispatcher/Front.php(571): IPS\Dispatcher\_Standard->finish()
#7 /home/(redacted)/public_html/(forums folder)/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(148): IPS\Dispatcher\_Front->finish()
#8 /home/(redacted)/public_html/(forums folder)/index.php(12): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#9 {main}

I have tried reproducing the error again and again after any number of combinations, reading the same users back plus more, up to 16 users now, so I am not sure what happened if we just had a momentary fluke or what. I am sorry to trouble you. I will let you know if it happens again more frequently and try to get more information for you in that moment. But at this time, the issue appears to be resolved. I apologize for the late reply. I have been spending my time trying to replicate the issue and the good news is I was not able to, so it looks like it is working as it should on my site as well. Thank you for your time Adriano!

It may be user error on the part of my user, but is it possible to be signed in as User A, post as User B, and then edit the post without "logging in as" User B?  I thought perhaps it was a setting I needed to toggle to enable for the user's user group, but I don't see it in the settings page in the ACP.  Thank you!