Change Post Author - IP.Board 4.x

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/24/2020 at 3:35 PM, Eric BXL said:

I have 12 customized themes, and none of them are showing the [Change Author] button.

After upgrading to version 4.7.2, all customized, AND the IPS Default, themes show the [Change Author] button again.

I wonder, if it is not related to the browser one uses: as I did not have to change any author, I admit that I did not pay attention to the plugin, after upgrading my browser, i.e. Portable version of Firefox NIGHTLY v101.0a1.

Maybe it was already working again before upgrading the Invision Community software?

Edited by Eric BXL
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

After activating the plugin, the following error appears:

Fatal error: Unparenthesized `a ? b : c ? d : e` is not supported. Use either `(a ? b : c) ? d : e` or `a ? b : (c ? d : e)` in /home/grupots/public_html/system/Theme/Theme.php(885) : eval()'d code on line 1273

If I deactivate the plugin the error disappears

Invision Community v4.7.6
Change Post Author Inactivo 2.0.0

Tested in a fresh new default theme

Edited by grupots
12 minutes ago, grupots said:

After activating the plugin, the following error appears:

Fatal error: Unparenthesized `a ? b : c ? d : e` is not supported. Use either `(a ? b : c) ? d : e` or `a ? b : (c ? d : e)` in /home/grupots/public_html/system/Theme/Theme.php(885) : eval()'d code on line 1273

If I deactivate the plugin the error disappears

Invision Community v4.7.6
Change Post Author Inactivo 2.0.0

Tested in a fresh new default theme

You said the error was on mine. Now is here.

I recommend you to disable ALL 3rd-party resources and then enable one by one and test it. You will find one that's pretty outdated.

Edited by Adriano Faria
26 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

You said the error was on mine. Now is here.

I recommend you to disable ALL 3rd-party resources and then enable one by one and test it. You will find one that's pretty outdated.

They were all deactivated.

To rule out I have removed all the old plugins and the error has disappeared and the option to change the author appears.

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience

• 2 weeks later...

@InvisionHQ there's an issue whenever we are using a different search engine "Elasticsearch (Advanced)" the change author works fine, but it won't change it whenever you see activity or searching the topic title. It will show the original author of the topic unless you rebuild the search index. May you please fix this. Thanks

• 8 months later...