Change Post Author - IP.Board 4.x

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't allow guests to post, so I can not say with 100% certainty, but I know I can change the post author *to* any member on my forum, from guest to someone registered ought to work. 

I don't have my forum to allow guest to post either, but as I was pruning members that had 0 posts, I believe the system accidentally deleted regular members that had a varied amount of posts. So now for those posts, it simply state "Guest". I was planning on manually, with the help of the actual member, to find all the post of a certain member, after they re-register on the forum, and change those post from "Guest" to their newly registered username, which I will make them use the same name as before, so their quoted post still make sense. Thank you for your reply. Your plugin is my only hope to fix this issue. 

UPDATE:

I purchased it, installed it and tried it. 

I am happy to report that it worked perfectly. This plugin is a TRUE LIFESAVER!! Thank you so much for creating this. As I mentioned before my current forum software phpbb had this feature built in, would be nice to have seen it built in to IPB as well, but at least we got you to provide this incredibly useful feature for a small fee. Thanks again.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/24/2015 at 5:17 PM, Epi said:

Can't seem to turn the plugin on in the settings. I enable the plugin and click on save but when I open settings again it still isn't enabled. 

2 hours ago, Chip White said:

I have been having this issue too.

I have purchased this as well and am having the same issue. I enable the plug in, but the link doesn't appear in the post. When I go back to setting's it's turned off. Any suggestion please??

• 1 month later...

From the comments section, moving here as its not a 'review'

[quote name='Eric BXL']

Firstly, I registered at the author's site, but couldn't introduce myself as the page is full of mismatch;

Secondly, trying to ask for support is not possible: it lets you type what you want, but when sending there seems to be just an inbox!

Unless I missed something, nowhere is mentioned for which IPS version this plugin is written.

Watching the pictures I thought it was OK for v4.x, but it isn't working.

Having a moderator not showing up for more than 1 year, I need to change the author of his topics to the new Moderator's title.

Starting a new topic is out of the question because it is a word game with more than 1450 replies.

Does anyone know if there's a plugin (or another way) able to change the author's title and working for IPS v4.x?

TIA

Eric

7 minutes ago, AndyF said:

From the comments section, moving here as its not a 'review'

[quote name='Eric BXL']

Firstly, I registered at the author's site, but couldn't introduce myself as the page is full of mismatch;

Secondly, trying to ask for support is not possible: it lets you type what you want, but when sending there seems to be just an inbox!

Unless I missed something, nowhere is mentioned for which IPS version this plugin is written.

Watching the pictures I thought it was OK for v4.x, but it isn't working.

Having a moderator not showing up for more than 1 year, I need to change the author of his topics to the new Moderator's title.

Starting a new topic is out of the question because it is a word game with more than 1450 replies.

Does anyone know if there's a plugin (or another way) able to change the author's title and working for IPS v4.x?

TIA

Eric

Thanks Andy,

@Eric BXL this is the support topic for Change Post Author, this mod was updated to work for IPB 4.1 but if you are having issues please post here i am more than happy to help you.

Howdy -RAW-

Thank you for your fast reply!

The plugin is enabled in the ACP and saved for the Admin, Super Mods and WM to change the author.

However, when in the first page of a topic, the plugin is not visible, and also not from the section page.

Maybe I missed something?

Edit

And yes ... I missed something. It is not located at the top like the one for v3.x, but at the bottom!

Thank you again and sorry for having bothered you ... apparently I'm a noob, LOL! :D

Edited by Eric BXL
14 minutes ago, Eric BXL said:

Howdy -RAW-

Thank you for your fast reply!

The plugin is enabled in the ACP and saved for the Admin, Super Mods and WM to change the author.

However, when in the first page of a topic, the plugin is not visible, and also not from the section page.

Maybe I missed something?

Edit

And yes ... I missed something. It is not located at the top like the one for v3.x, but at the bottom!

Thank you again and sorry for having bothered you ... apparently I'm a noob, LOL! :D

Good to know it is working now for you, let me know if you ever run into any other issue :)