Social Stream

Reporting an issue in Social Stream.

I frequently will start an article and set it to publish some days in the future, but only temporarily as I don't want it to post, just save my work as I go.  Once I'm done the article, I move it up to publish immediately.

Social Stream seems to grab the original date published in the future and hang onto it, leaving the article at the top of the social stream until that time passes. You can see this below in the two articles that are actually published already, but Social Stream has them on Jan 12th and Jan 17th respectively. 

535077363_SocialStreamerror.thumb.png.829e2b58b8f414a9be2280d722ca3b9c.png

Edited by CheersnGears
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/30/2018 at 6:31 PM, CheersnGears said:

Did reputation activity ever get added from the "Coming Soon" list?

How did I not see this post until now? 😞 No, it didn't. At the time that I wrote it, reputation was still a little more flexible and was a possibility. When IPS switched to reactions, they sort of "closed things off" in the sense that I may not be able to apply this to all content. That being said, this IS the next mod in line for a feature sweep, so I'll probably give it another go. 

21 hours ago, dlg said:

Hello, is it possible to see this working anywhere?

Thank you!

I do not have a demo available, but perhaps some of the users in this topic may be willing to share links to their site?

22 hours ago, dlg said:

Hello, is it possible to see this working anywhere?

Thank you!

https://www.cheersandgears.com

It's on the right side of the front page.

57 minutes ago, HeadStand said:

How did I not see this post until now? 😞 No, it didn't. At the time that I wrote it, reputation was still a little more flexible and was a possibility. When IPS switched to reactions, they sort of "closed things off" in the sense that I may not be able to apply this to all content. That being said, this IS the next mod in line for a feature sweep, so I'll probably give it another go. 

I'm mostly interested in people reacting to posts or article comments.  That much would be enough for me. 

On 2/2/2019 at 2:04 PM, Padgoi_the_Djagloi said:

Is this compatible with the newest 4.4 beta?

I have no idea. It was only released Monday? I don't typically drop everything and start testing beta versions..... the only thing I can say is that I will get to it when I can and even if this version is not compatible, there will most definitely be an update that will handle it.

• 3 weeks later...

Trying to upgrade to the latest version and getting an error.

Error: Class 'IPS\downloads\File' not found (0)
#0 /home/ddowdell/public_html/cheersandgears.com/applications/core/modules/admin/applications/applications.php(790): IPS\feed\setup\upg_5200\_Upgrade->step1()
#1 [internal function]: IPS\core\modules\admin\applications\_applications->IPS\core\modules\admin\applications\{closure}(Array)
#2 /home/ddowdell/public_html/cheersandgears.com/system/Helpers/MultipleRedirect/MultipleRedirect.php(92): call_user_func(Object(Closure), Array)
#3 /home/ddowdell/public_html/cheersandgears.com/applications/core/modules/admin/applications/applications.php(886): IPS\Helpers\_MultipleRedirect->__construct(Object(IPS\Http\Url\Internal), Object(Closure), Object(Closure))
#4 /home/ddowdell/public_html/cheersandgears.com/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\core\modules\admin\applications\_applications->upgrade()
#5 /home/ddowdell/public_html/cheersandgears.com/system/Node/Controller.php(62): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#6 /home/ddowdell/public_html/cheersandgears.com/applications/core/modules/admin/applications/applications.php(38): IPS\Node\_Controller->execute()
#7 /home/ddowdell/public_html/cheersandgears.com/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\core\modules\admin\applications\_applications->execute()
#8 /home/ddowdell/public_html/cheersandgears.com/admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#9 {main}

I don't have Downloads. 

7 hours ago, CheersnGears said:

Trying to upgrade to the latest version and getting an error.

Error: Class 'IPS\downloads\File' not found (0)
#0 /home/ddowdell/public_html/cheersandgears.com/applications/core/modules/admin/applications/applications.php(790): IPS\feed\setup\upg_5200\_Upgrade->step1()
#1 [internal function]: IPS\core\modules\admin\applications\_applications->IPS\core\modules\admin\applications\{closure}(Array)
#2 /home/ddowdell/public_html/cheersandgears.com/system/Helpers/MultipleRedirect/MultipleRedirect.php(92): call_user_func(Object(Closure), Array)
#3 /home/ddowdell/public_html/cheersandgears.com/applications/core/modules/admin/applications/applications.php(886): IPS\Helpers\_MultipleRedirect->__construct(Object(IPS\Http\Url\Internal), Object(Closure), Object(Closure))
#4 /home/ddowdell/public_html/cheersandgears.com/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\core\modules\admin\applications\_applications->upgrade()
#5 /home/ddowdell/public_html/cheersandgears.com/system/Node/Controller.php(62): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#6 /home/ddowdell/public_html/cheersandgears.com/applications/core/modules/admin/applications/applications.php(38): IPS\Node\_Controller->execute()
#7 /home/ddowdell/public_html/cheersandgears.com/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\core\modules\admin\applications\_applications->execute()
#8 /home/ddowdell/public_html/cheersandgears.com/admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#9 {main}

I don't have Downloads. 

I pushed a new version that should fix this. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There is a lot in there, should I do a search of some sort? I searched for social and got nothing, then searched for stream and found a lot. Here is one thin that was in there. And I'm on 4.4.3

Thank you!

Error: Call to undefined method IPS\Content\Search\_Index::titleFromIndexData() in /var/www/html/n284465/system/Content/Content.php:1573
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/html/n284465/applications/competition/sources/Entry/Comment.php(108): IPS\_Content::searchResult(Array, Array, Array, NULL, Array, NULL, false, 'expanded', false, true, Array, Array)
#1 /var/www/html/n284465/system/Content/Search/Result/Content.php(94): IPS\competition\Entry\_Comment::searchResult(Array, Array, Array, NULL, Array, NULL, false, 'expanded', false, true, Array, Array)
#2 /var/www/html/n284465/uploads/template_1_1a6bc86032a0b101d48d1efbab1a7057_streams.php(2441): IPS\Content\Search\Result\_Content->html('expanded', false, true)
#3 /var/www/html/n284465/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\Cache\class_core_front_streams->streamItems(Array, true, 'date', 'expanded')
#4 /var/www/html/n284465/uploads/template_1_1a6bc86032a0b101d48d1efbab1a7057_streams.php(2324): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('streamItems', Array)
#5 /var/www/html/n284465/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\Cache\class_core_front_streams->stream(Object(IPS\core\Stream), Array, true, true, 'date', 'expanded')
#6 /var/www/html/n284465/applications/core/modules/front/discover/streams.php(446): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('stream', Array)
#7 /var/www/html/n284465/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\core\modules\front\discover\_streams->manage()
#8 /var/www/html/n284465/applications/core/modules/front/discover/streams.php(51): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#9 /var/www/html/n284465/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\core\modules\front\discover\_streams->execute()
#10 /var/www/html/n284465/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#11 {main}

On 5/10/2019 at 9:42 AM, Maxxius said:

@HeadStand

Hi, is there a demo available of this app? Perhaps more screenshots can be added. I;m missing the visual part of it all. Does it make something like Discovery Streams available for placement in any page?

I'm afraid I don't have a demo site.

This is separate from the discovery streams, it's more interactive. For example, you can comment on a topic right from the stream without leaving the page. And yes, it does include a widget for placement on any page (although the widgets are not interactive).

• 2 weeks later...

Does the stream supports public clubs? Are the forum posts, blog entries, gallery images from public clubs are added to the stream? I do not mean open clubs where user should join to be able to post. I mean public clubs that do not require membership. The contents of those clubs are shown in the default activity stream of IPS. Does your app support this also?

On 5/23/2019 at 4:38 AM, Sonya* said:

Does the stream supports public clubs? Are the forum posts, blog entries, gallery images from public clubs are added to the stream? I do not mean open clubs where user should join to be able to post. I mean public clubs that do not require membership. The contents of those clubs are shown in the default activity stream of IPS. Does your app support this also?

All club content is included in the feed, regardless of the club type. The app checks view permissions on each item, so the user won't see anything they aren't supposed to.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Suggestion: can we show only items that the user has a permission to write on in the widget? The reason is - we have over 200 clubs on the site. And all of them are shown in the social stream. This does not make sense for the most users as they are not members of clubs and will never be. Imagine, we have a pet site. There are cats, dogs, birds, spiders, rabbits and so on. Over 200 kinds of pets. And there are clubs for every kind of pet there. If I have rabbits and only rabbits, I am not interested in content of all other clubs. But my social stream is full of the content of other clubs.

If only content where I am allowed to create a record or a comment is shown then I automatically see only global areas like AND my clubs where I am member of. This is what makes sense for the most users.

Thank you!

Additionally, I can configure what nodes I would like to show on the feed stream but I cannot configure what items (nodes) should be included in the block widget. Would it not be better to consider settings for the page in the widget as well?

On 6/28/2019 at 5:36 AM, Sonya* said:

Additionally, I can configure what nodes I would like to show on the feed stream but I cannot configure what items (nodes) should be included in the block widget. Would it not be better to consider settings for the page in the widget as well?

Node filtering should be the same in both places. What exactly is the issue? What are you not able to configure?

On 6/28/2019 at 5:27 AM, Sonya* said:

Suggestion: can we show only items that the user has a permission to write on in the widget? The reason is - we have over 200 clubs on the site. And all of them are shown in the social stream. This does not make sense for the most users as they are not members of clubs and will never be. Imagine, we have a pet site. There are cats, dogs, birds, spiders, rabbits and so on. Over 200 kinds of pets. And there are clubs for every kind of pet there. If I have rabbits and only rabbits, I am not interested in content of all other clubs. But my social stream is full of the content of other clubs.

If only content where I am allowed to create a record or a comment is shown then I automatically see only global areas like AND my clubs where I am member of. This is what makes sense for the most users.

Thank you!

I'm not sure I agree with this. Most people want to see content they can view, not necessarily content they can reply to. That being said, I may be able to add some options specific to clubs, where the admin can decide if all visible club content should be shown, or if users should only see clubs to which they already belong. Will that work?

• 4 weeks later...