Social Stream

• 1 month later...
On 2/8/2017 at 5:10 PM, HeadStand said:

A new version has been uploaded to the Marketplace. Changes include:

• Advertising - show ads at the top of your stream or at regular intervals inside the stream content
  • Group view permissions on the widget
  • Indicator for unread content
  • Total likes are now displayed on the stream

Sorry, just quoting to see if you got the notifications from the mentions above. :)

On 3/12/2017 at 10:34 PM, David.. said:

@HeadStand

Just found a bug with the hover card profile:

W0t5UTT.png

I can't really make out what it's trying to do. Probably trying to show the whole user profile & activity inside the hovercard.

I disabled Social Stream, and it worked as normal. Enabled and issue started again.

Cheers!

I did see your post,  it's just been a crazy week. This is on my to-do list. Thanks.

18 hours ago, HeadStand said:

I did see your post,  it's just been a crazy week. This is on my to-do list. Thanks.

Awesome!

Can't wait for this new feature also:

• Integration with Reputation

And also, if possible. Can we make the topic link inside the widget redirect to the last posted post?

Edited by David..
1 minute ago, David.. said:

4.1.19, the latest.

If you want an admin login, let me know!

Sure, PM me with it. It doesn't even make any sense... there is not a single line of code in the Social Stream that touches the profile in any way. I can't even imagine where to begin to troubleshoot this.

1 minute ago, HeadStand said:

Sure, PM me with it. It doesn't even make any sense... there is not a single line of code in the Social Stream that touches the profile in any way. I can't even imagine where to begin to troubleshoot this.

Maybe it conflicts with my other plugins?

On 3/12/2017 at 10:34 PM, David.. said:

@HeadStand

Just found a bug with the hover card profile:

W0t5UTT.png

I can't really make out what it's trying to do. Probably trying to show the whole user profile & activity inside the hovercard.

I disabled Social Stream, and it worked as normal. Enabled and issue started again.

Cheers!

A new version has been uploaded to the Marketplace. It contains a fix for this issue.

I have just bought it and installed it, the only thing I was that on the widget it only shows the title of the topics and posts and does not show the first line or two of the post like it does in the Post Feed widget.

Is there any way to get a little bit of the post shown in the widget?

Thanks

I was also thinking that a nice feature would be to be able to update your status from the Social Stream widget then there is no need to place the status update widget on the index page. 

I tried adding the Status update widget above the Social Stream widget and telling it not to show updates so as to just use the input part and show the updates on the Social Stream but it does not look so good without updates on it.

2 hours ago, CherryGirl69 said:

I was also thinking that a nice feature would be to be able to update your status from the Social Stream widget then there is no need to place the status update widget on the index page. 

I tried adding the Status update widget above the Social Stream widget and telling it not to show updates so as to just use the input part and show the updates on the Social Stream but it does not look so good without updates on it.

I'm fairly certain people have asked about this before but can't instantly remember if that's true. If you look through the topic you might see the author's opinion/knowledge on the matter.

8 hours ago, CherryGirl69 said:

I have just bought it and installed it, the only thing I was that on the widget it only shows the title of the topics and posts and does not show the first line or two of the post like it does in the Post Feed widget.

Thanks

You should be able to access a new page /stream or /feed which contains the full Social Stream. 

19 hours ago, Strikes said:

Is it possible to make this read out like a 'Newsfeed Style' column like you see on Facebook? 

Here's an example of what we're looking for, from Oxwall, but for IPB/S: http://www.vigilantaddiction.net/oxwall/

I will not be changing the layout of the application. So far I've had at least 4 requests for layout changes, all completely different from each other. There is no way for me to make everyone happy. You are free to customize the layout any way you choose. Templates can be found with all other IPS templates, under feed -> front -> feed.

9 hours ago, CherryGirl69 said:

Not at the moment.

8 hours ago, CherryGirl69 said:

It's been on my list for a while, but I haven't gotten to it yet. Eventually. :(