Featured Content for IPS4.x+

Hello, 

can you tell - exactly what kind of legislation oblige one to provide passport details??

I've always think that visa deals is enough ((

I'd like to buy "featured content" plag-in but don't want show this kind of information.

IPB, for example, is happy only with card details...

Hello, 

can you tell - exactly what kind of legislation oblige one to provide passport details??

I've always think that visa deals is enough ((

I'd like to buy "featured content" plag-in but don't want show this kind of information.

IPB, for example, is happy only with card details...

​Do you have paypal? 

Hi,

If the first image posted in a topic is a smiley the slider will display that instead of the image posted below it?
Is there a way of maintaining aspect ratio instead of the images being distorted?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

If the first image posted in a topic is a smiley the slider will display that instead of the image posted below it?
Is there a way of maintaining aspect ratio instead of the images being distorted?

Thanks in advance.

Previously, I tried to check the image size before getting, but it was awful, it makes site very very slow.

Thanks got it!

So can the Mod be set to pull Topics from 3 forums and use a single thumbnail attached the the first post in a topic for the picture? [Hope that makes sense].....

yes, you can select multi forums, it will auto get the first image in the first post to set as thumbnail. It also supports Pages, Gallery, RSS or you can add contents manually. You can see the control panel in screenshots of this file, I haven't installed a test site yet.

TBH it's not really suited to my photography forum due to it stretching images rather than maintaining aspect ratio (I now notice how particular attention has been paid to image sizes in your demo), then there's the emoji issue, who wants to see a giant smiley in the slider...

I don't want to give a negative review because it does do what it says, but the problems above make it useless for me I'm afraid, at the price I would have expected a little more.

If I'm missing something then I'm happy to be corrected.

TBH it's not really suited to my photography forum due to it stretching images rather than maintaining aspect ratio (I now notice how particular attention has been paid to image sizes in your demo), then there's the emoji issue, who wants to see a giant smiley in the slider...

I don't want to give a negative review because it does do what it says, but the problems above make it useless for me I'm afraid, at the price I would have expected a little more.

If I'm missing something then I'm happy to be corrected.

There is an option to use image rerize scripts to aspect ratio but I haven't updated my demo site yet. (go to acp featured content -> settings -> On-the-fly Image Resizing URL )

About emoticons, I have a solution to ignore emoticons, I will update in the next version.

Edit: Updated demo site, no stretching images

Edited by onlyME

There is an option to use image rerize scripts to aspect ratio but I haven't updated my demo site yet. (go to acp featured content -> settings -> On-the-fly Image Resizing URL )

​That seemed to do it, thank you.

I look forward to the emoji update :)

yes, you can select multi forums, it will auto get the first image in the first post to set as thumbnail. It also supports Pages, Gallery, RSS or you can add contents manually. You can see the control panel in screenshots of this file, I haven't installed a test site yet.

​Thanks, last question how light weight is it? That is does it increase server load a lot? We've very limited resources.....

Just been looking at the settings screens, ref the image resizing options, are these all using external services, or can any of them work on site. If on site can be used once an image has been sized is it then used for every page refresh or is it resized each time the page is loaded?

Still worrying about server load here as we're on the cusp of our host forcing us to go for a higher CPU package which will likely bust our budget and shut us down.