Featured Content for IPS4.x+

Is it possible to make it so that a full URL is not required? For cimage I only use the image name (ex. "featured_img.jpg"). Right now this version doesn't allow me to enter a non-URL. :(

Try to open \applications\featuredcontent\modules\front\slider\view.php

Find

$form->add( new \IPS\Helpers\Form\Url( 'fcc_url', $item ? $item['fcc_url'] : NULL, FALSE, array(), NULL, NULL, NULL, 'fcc_url' ) );

Replace to

$form->add( new \IPS\Helpers\Form\Text( 'fcc_url', $item ? $item['fcc_url'] : NULL, FALSE, array(), NULL, NULL, NULL, 'fcc_url' ) );

Save

Try to open \applications\featuredcontent\modules\front\slider\view.php

Find

$form->add( new \IPS\Helpers\Form\Url( 'fcc_url', $item ? $item['fcc_url'] : NULL, FALSE, array(), NULL, NULL, NULL, 'fcc_url' ) );

Replace to

$form->add( new \IPS\Helpers\Form\Text( 'fcc_url', $item ? $item['fcc_url'] : NULL, FALSE, array(), NULL, NULL, NULL, 'fcc_url' ) );

Save

Thanks! You're the best! :smile:

I had to make one other adjustment for it to work.

Find:

$form->add( new \IPS\Helpers\Form\Url( 'fcc_image', $item ? $item['fcc_image'] : NULL, FALSE, array(), NULL, NULL, NULL, 'fcc_image' ) );

Replace with:

$form->add( new \IPS\Helpers\Form\Text( 'fcc_image', $item ? $item['fcc_image'] : NULL, FALSE, array(), NULL, NULL, NULL, 'fcc_image' ) );

@onlyME I would really like to see anew feature for this where you can assign a specific user or an array of users to manage a specific featured content from the front end rather than having to allow a whole user group to manage it.

Could this be implemented?

I think making permissions work for member second groups is better.

I think making permissions work for member second groups is better.

I agree that is needed but doesn't work in a lot of cases. I have someone who purchases some advertising on the site and I want them to use this plugin to manage tha advertising by uploading there banner etc. They can then change it at any point for promoted products. But I have others in that group I don't want to be able to update one particular set but I want them to manage a section on another page so I need another secondary group just for them. 

That at is not the best way of doing it, to need a secondary group for each section you have on each page if they are managed by different people I need many separate secondary groups.

I agree that is needed but doesn't work in a lot of cases. I have someone who purchases some advertising on the site and I want them to use this plugin to manage tha advertising by uploading there banner etc. They can then change it at any point for promoted products. But I have others in that group I don't want to be able to update one particular set but I want them to manage a section on another page so I need another secondary group just for them. 

That at is not the best way of doing it, to need a secondary group for each section you have on each page if they are managed by different people I need many separate secondary grou

The selected members can manage special iitems in a slider or all items? 

I'm trying to change the color for (below). What part of the css or image is it?

ZhDTpbH.jpg

Uploading is ok, I haven't tested with cimage yet. Let try it. 

I tried and got the following results. Since Cimage uses hex values there are no transparency. There is only alpha.

Since I'm using a "ff" (fill-to-fit) the background space is whatever color I set after. Therefore it's "ff=000000". In that case any background space is filled with black. I also use "nu" (no upscale). With the combination of "ff" and "nu" the image dimensions are kept with their original aspect ratio and there is no upscaling/resizing.

Too bad there's no transparency, but the work around can be easily configured in the Featured Content settings. :)

I'm trying to change the color for (below). What part of the css or image is it?

.bx-wrapper .bx-pager.bx-default-pager a {
	background: #666;
	text-indent: -9999px;
	display: block;
	width: 10px;
	height: 10px;
	margin: 0 5px;
	outline: 0;
	-moz-border-radius: 5px;
	-webkit-border-radius: 5px;
	border-radius: 5px;
}

.bx-wrapper .bx-pager.bx-default-pager a:hover,
.bx-wrapper .bx-pager.bx-default-pager a.active {
	background: #000;
}

.bx-wrapper .bx-pager.bx-default-pager a {
	background: #666;
	text-indent: -9999px;
	display: block;
	width: 10px;
	height: 10px;
	margin: 0 5px;
	outline: 0;
	-moz-border-radius: 5px;
	-webkit-border-radius: 5px;
	border-radius: 5px;
}

.bx-wrapper .bx-pager.bx-default-pager a:hover,
.bx-wrapper .bx-pager.bx-default-pager a.active {
	background: #000;
}

Thanks!

I thought so, but my edits didn't work because I forgot that I replaced the parent class with a custom class. I changed it to the right parent class and now it works. :)

Hello,

How can I change the title of sliders appear in the middle? Now showing left. Thanks in advance.

Go to ACP > Customization > Themes > click </> to edit your theme > CSS > featuredcontent > front > slider

Find

.bx-wrapper .bx-caption {
	position: absolute;
	bottom: 0;
	left: 0;
	background: #666\9;
	background: rgba(0,0,0,0.7);
	width: 100%;
}

Replace with

.bx-wrapper .bx-caption {
	position: absolute;
	bottom: 0;
	left: 0;
	background: #666\9;
	background: rgba(0,0,0,0.7);
	width: 100%;
	text-align: center;
}

Save

Hi,

I just make the purchase but please help me as I cant seem to find the cog icon anyway in the ACP and front page as per the instruction to edit/ upload the pics.

can anyone help ?

Going to ACP > Customization > Featured content

Read the Readme.html file to know how to setup a slider. Let me know if you have any questions.

Hello, what a great add-on! It is a great addition to our page. One suggestion I have: I would appreciate if there was an option to edit the hook 'listings' I see the option to add/delete it but not edit. Sometimes I find some mistake i made in the ad (listing) and I have to delete it and start building it form scratch...

Hello, what a great add-on! It is a great addition to our page. One suggestion I have: I would appreciate if there was an option to edit the hook 'listings' I see the option to add/delete it but not edit. Sometimes I find some mistake i made in the ad (listing) and I have to delete it and start building it form scratch... 

Click on image to edit :)) 

Hi,

May i know what is the default image size for the slider ? I am having image that is shown out of the slider box and i am not sure how to setup the Cimage and phpthumb setting. 

thanks

You can see the image width/height options in Slider settings

fcontentwh.thumb.png.7ac57624761bc5b8ef6

Example if you use cimage, you should setup the url in Customization > Featured Content > Settings > On-the-fly Image Resizing URL

http://yourdomain/cimage/webroot/img.php?src={url}&w={width}&h={height}&cf&q=90

Save.

It auto crops image with the width/height you set.