Marketplace organization

Jeuhen

Hello,

This is just an idea, but wouldn't it look better if in the IPS Marketplace, we first
had an option to choose which version of IP.Board we're running ?

What i mean by this is 2 categories instead of 1 global, one for the 3.1.x and
one for the 3.2.x , this would give a cleaner look to the marketplace, rather than
having to see each mod's version compatibility.

%7Boption%7D

- Jeuhen

OMG !!! Thanks for asking this !!!! It really needs organization !!!! Im a neat freak and it give me a headache !!!!

I will offer to do it !! LOL [img]

[/img]

Dean

I'm a bit of a neat freak too and seeing this un-organized makes me go a bit nuts. %7Boption%7D

That all depends on what the author adds as info to his submission:

Compatible with:

[.] 3.0
[x] 3.1
[x] 3.2

Then it should be listed in the 3.1 compatible list AND 3.2.

What I don't like is the current setup:

There's a Marketplace blog, many times with nothing more than a snippet of the full download description. Then there's the link to the Marketplace. This should be the most valuable place for the download, but then there's a link to the forum where people can discuss? And that first post on the support topic doesn't feature information like price and supported IPB version?

It makes no sense.

Skip the blog, and add the options to comment and ask for support to the download. One page, not three. Using IP.Download, IP.Board and IP.Blog isn't a great way to showcase the advances.

Skip the blog, and add the options to comment and ask for support to the download. One page, not three. Using IP.Download, IP.Board and IP.Blog isn't a great way to showcase the advances.

I agree this is very confusing - and feels fractured.

Also even FREE downloads should reside in my Client Area so I know what I downloaded (and potentially have installed on my site) the only thing that shows up now are the paid apps.

Rather than using categories for this, which gets annoying and difficult to maintain, I'd like to implement stronger support for custom field filtering and searching.

i.e. allow you to filter based on custom fields in the listing, and allow you to choose custom fields when you are searching.

This would allow you to select the version(s) you wish to see and filter appropriately, but wouldn't be limited to just versions.

Also even FREE downloads should reside in my Client Area so I know what I downloaded (and potentially have installed on my site) the only thing that shows up now are the paid apps.

You can see what files you have downloaded on this page:

http://community.invisionpower.com/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=downloads

Rather than using categories for this, which gets annoying and difficult to maintain, I'd like to implement stronger support for custom field filtering and searching.

i.e. allow you to filter based on custom fields in the listing, and allow you to choose custom fields when you are searching.

This would allow you to select the version(s) you wish to see and filter appropriately, but wouldn't be limited to just versions.

The filtering sounds like a good idea. If we'd have options to filter on compatibility it would be alot easier. Also, there should be filters
for the price (if you hit the paid filter).

The filtering sounds like a good idea. If we'd have options to filter on compatibility it would be alot easier. Also, there should be filters

for the price (if you hit the paid filter).

FYI, you can already filter by paid/free/both.

Can't you just get contributors to tag their topics, then you could filter by tags.. you should be showing off this new feature [img]

[/img]

Tags are not supported in IP.Downloads yet, but once they are we may make more use of them.

FYI, you can already filter by paid/free/both.

The filter is not persistent. It's kind of little annoying.

Go here: http://community.inv...3-applications/

Select Free only.

Then go here: http://community.inv...cation-modules/

Filter will reset.

Now again go back to first link. Filter will again reset.

Possible to make it permanent so that it remembers free for category?

Archived