PHP Safe Mode On
PHP Safe Mode GID On
PHP Register Globals On
allow_url_fopen *1On
file_uploads *2 On
  • Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well this sucks, this app will not work on a server using PHP 5.2 because it was encoded for PHP 5.3 ionCube. I have just tried upgrading to PHP 5.3, but the control panel I have on my dedi server didn't like it. I would suggest allowing this to use PHP 5.2.

Some of us that can't upgrade PHP version because of stupid control panels can not use this.

ACP > Other Apps > Shoutbox > Settings > Hook: Global Shoutbox > Hook to enable

You have five options beyond that you need to hack it yourself or request custom work. Though surely one of the five would be close enough.

I too am unable to

Sounds like one of the issues in the big green box at he top of the topic.

I followed the instructions, although I ensure that is done each time I update anyway, when you edit a shout, it comes up in HTML and the button 'Edit Shout' does not submit at all.

Well, i set all Admin Permissions to yes but i cannot delete the Hint Messages

Guest : (20 Nov 12 - 22:51) Congratulations, you have successfully installed Shoutbox!
Now you need to setup the shoutbox permissions in ACP -> Members TAB -> Member Groups -> Manage Member Groups -> Edit a Group -> Shoutbox TAB

Hmm my Fault.... I thought it will be enough to set the permissions but i needed to add Moderators. Now it works, bit confusing, but works ;)

ACP > Other Apps > Shoutbox > Settings > Hook: Global Shoutbox > Hook to enable

You have five options beyond that you need to hack it yourself or request custom work. Though surely one of the five would be close enough.

I really need to put the shoutbox after the forums and after the sidebar, but before forum stats.

Can you say to me what do I need to add to templates to make shoutbox appear and where to remove it, from the five options?

I have IPB 3.3.4 and after install the shoutbox the forum does't work anymore, page are blank (white), why?

in hooks see if disabling shoutbox:javascrpt fixes it.

if so enabling it and restarting apache worked for me.

once it was done once it worked fine for me. I suspected it was due to cache issue with apc or varnish on my end. if you are on shared host and they use apachebooster this also would apply.

How do I access MySQL to fix an error? I am getting this error: https://jlogica.com/q2a/41/upgrade-sql-failure-unknown-column-s_date

But I have no idea how to run the SQL it is referencing in the fix. Thanks for your help.... we are dying without our shoutbox since updating our board.

you will have to run the query from either your toolbox within IPB, or phpmyadmin (or some equilivant)

I'm currently running IPS 3.3 w/shoutbox and it works perfectly.

I read Shoutbox is compatible w/3.4, but I did not see a new file to download. Is it safe to assume then that when I upgrade to IPS 3.4 my current version of Shoutbox is compatible?

Apologies in advance if the answer is obvious.

SB 1.3.7 is ok with IPB 3.4.0 ... tested yesterday ;)

you will have to run the query from either your toolbox within IPB, or phpmyadmin (or some equilivant)

Thanks for your help! How do I access the toolbox within IPB? When I log into the Admin CP right now, my only option is to run the upgrade and that keeps failing with the above error.

Archived