Support Topic: Links Directory 3.2.2

bfarber

long standing issue with 3.2.2 on a 3.1.4 board and cleancut skin

when trying to approve or delete links that have been submitted or awaiting approval, I get the message

[#30L067] Unable to send out the notification because the username for the PM’s sender is invalid

I don't change the notification message, and the link does not get deleted, although they do appear to get approved.

bump please
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to do two things.

First off, I need to make it where instead of

/links/category/ID-catname

or

/links/link/ID-linkname

that I could customize it to be something along the lines of:

/directory/ID-catname

then

/directory/ID-catname/ID-linkname

I tried changing the name in the backend and then changing the "links" directory to "directory" to match, but this did not work. I kept receiving a 404.
The second part of this request, may be able to be handled in the .htaccess though I'm afraid of messing with that, since IPB is depended on that a lot. I may need a little direction.

The second issue is, I need to be able to prevent people from submitting links in the ROOT. Should be a standard option in the backend, but I can't find it.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been told in a previous topic that if a mod gets neglected and support is not forthcoming to report the file as broken so that staff can chase up the creator.

long standing issue with 3.2.2 on a 3.1.4 board

when trying to approve or delete links that have been submitted or awaiting approval, I get the message

[#30L067] Unable to send out the notification because the username for the PM’s sender is invalid

I don't change the notification message, and the link does not get deleted, although they do appear to get approved.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, is there away I can change the colour of the back ground when the links are being displayed? I just bough a skin which has the fonts colour in white grey-ish and the back ground in dark but for some reason when I open up a link where the information of the link is showed its very bright. see screenshot.

post-168862-0-53467400-1303748196_thumb.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,
Yes as I recall its was easy to change those colours. I was using a skin from IB Skin that failed to skin that section, but it was easy to find it in the CSS file and fix it.
I just took a quick look for you.
Go into Look and Feel and click on the links.css file for the skin you want to edit.
Look for the following classes:

.link_details .linkrow1 {

width: 20%;

font-weight: bold;

background-color: #dce3ea;

text-align: right;

border-top: solid 1px #ffffff;

}

.link_details .linkrow2 {

width: 80%;

background-color: #f4f7f9;

border-top: solid 1px #ffffff;

}

I'm pretty certain those are the colours I fixed to match my skin. You can the colour tool Colorzilla available for Firefox to find the colours you want to use in the other parts of the skin and copy them into those classes.

I hope Links will work with IPB 3.2, I have it installed on various sites.

• 1 month later...

How do I allow certain user groups to report links?

When I log in as a member, or moderator, the "Report" link shows under the links, but when I click it I get this message:

[#10136] You do not have permission to report the item you are attempting to report.

I went to Edit User Group Members > IP Links

And there are several options like "can add links," "can rate links," etc., but there is no option to enable anyone to report links.

Hello

I could use a solution for this problem too

long standing issue with 3.2.2 on a 3.1.4 board and cleancut skin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

when i want change setting at member level i see only the button to save and in admin tpo change settings i see

Warning: require_once(/home/ultima/public_html/cashlounge.net/admin/applications/core/modules_admin/tools/settings.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/ultima/public_html/cashlounge.net/admin/applications_addon/other/links/modules_admin/links/settings.php on line 65

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/ultima/public_html/cashlounge.net/admin/applications/core/modules_admin/tools/settings.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/home/ultima/public_html/cashlounge.net/ips_kernel/') in /home/ultima/public_html/cashlounge.net/admin/applications_addon/other/links/modules_admin/links/settings.php on line 65

• 2 weeks later...

Archived