Support Topic: Links Directory 3.2.2

bfarber

I followed instructions for the 3.2.2 update. I have "ip.links" in the Applications and Modules, but no upgrade available. Clicking "Links" from the site gives a Database error.

Can someone guide me on how to fix??

Thank you!!

Links 3.2.2 does NOT work on IPB 3.2.x -- it only works on IPB3.1.
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Couple questions if someone can point me in the right direction?
I'm using this mod as a review directory rather than link back. Most of the listings will be affiliate links, only admin will be inserting listings.
How can I change the link url to the affiliate link without it 'looking' like an affiliate link?

Maybe I could enable bbcode for the link back url block? i.e.:

[url=http://domainname.com/?ref=123456]domainname.com[/url]

Where can I find the layout for the link listings?

I want to make the link url appear below the listing rather than to the right of it.

Thanks and I'd like to see some more customization (towards the review side) to this mod if anyone is game ($$'s of course) not looking for a freebie.

Is it possible with this for this "section" or whatever you call it be places as a forum within an existing category?
FOr example on my Forums I have "Site News & Announcements". I have 2 forum in that category. I would consider adding this to be a third forum within that same category.
That possible?

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi Brandon,

I've uploaded Links to www.discoverwestcork.com and it seemed to install perfectly. However, Wehe I try to set up Group Permissions, I get a blank page for all Groups . The Groups Page loads but is blank under the Tabs Forums, Gallery IP.Links.

Can anyone advise?

Kind regards,

Stuart

I've uploaded Links to www.discoverwestcork.com and it seemed to install perfectly. However, Wehe I try to set up Group Permissions, I get a blank page for all Groups . The Groups Page loads but is blank under the Tabs Forums, Gallery IP.Links.

You're running 3.2.

Did you install version 3.2.2? That is not compatible with IPBoard 3.2.

You would need to (unfortunately) pay $20 for the new version:

http://community.invisionpower.com/files/file/4752-links-directory/

You're running 3.2.

Did you install version 3.2.2? That is not compatible with IPBoard 3.2.

You would need to (unfortunately) pay $20 for the new version:

http://community.inv...inks-directory/

Thank very much RainDog. All working well now!

Just one other small issue which I have also emailed to Brandon.

Not sure if this is a bug or a "missing" feature?

When I conduct a search for two Tags, the search correctly returns two entries in the attached screen shot. However the Search results do not list the number of hits, number of comments or Link Rating (Stars).

Is it possible to have these appear in the highlighted blank spaces in the attached screen shot?

Kind regards,

Stuart
  • 1 month later...

Hi Brandon,

When I try to enter a link from my Links on Facebook, the photo and title upload automatically on the Facebook page but the content section appears as a java script error (see attached)

What do I have to tweak (and where?) to fix this?

Kind regards,

Stuart

• 2 weeks later...

Brandon I love this links directory... I have one of the largest collections of English-language websites about Turkey on the web now. I'm trying to display little flags to show what languages the websites support besides English, and I've uploaded these little flags as emoticons, so I can just add the correct emoticon for each country's flag.

But I'm having a problem with the link description showing the URL to the emoticon showing instead of the emoticon itself. Here's a screen shot:

post-110291-0-40635100-1337078785_thumb.

Is there a way to modify the code, or some setting to change, to make the actual emoticon display?

I tried to join your personal website to ask about this, but for some reason I'm not receiving the validation e-mails (tried three times, there is no spam folder so it's not going into spam). My username there is Ken.

• 1 month later...

Can someone assist me? I've been adding flag emoticons to the link descriptions (see above) in anticipation that this would be fixed or I would get some assistance, so I have a lot of descriptions now showing the URL to the emoticon rather than the emoticon itself. I don't mean to complain but it's been a month and a half now.

• 8 months later...

Hi there,

I've updated to the lastest version.

The preview thumbs are broken?

http://www.clubpoker.net/forum-poker/links/category/9-blogs/

You will want to upgrade to the 4.X.X series as this old version is no longer supported by a developer.

http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/371366-download-links-directory/

The new version is being maintained by a very reputable coder. :)

• 6 months later...

Archived