Support Topic: Links Directory 3.2.2

bfarber

Hi ,

this a great application for IP board/content and I think I'm going to like it as soon as I'll fix this little issue. I installed the mod and everything lookks OK, I can administrate the application but when I go to the website and click in the links page, I get the following error:

[#10L044] You do not have permission to use IP.Links

Is there any particular permission I shoulg get before installing? I have IP board perpetual licence with the support active for one more year (I just re-activated today) and IP content for a year as well. ANy Idea how to fix this problem?

Thank you very much for your help,

Charles

In the admin section, click on group permissions then wait for it to load and on the top right is IP.Links. Click here to fix permission issues
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone,

I'm now using the app and I'd like to ad some custom fiels but I read on the forum that it is rather difficult right now and that it is better to start a directory from scratch using IP content. However, I also red that the next update on this script might have this feature (ability to add cusom field). Does anybody has some information about that? Does anybody has an idea of when it could be released?

Thanks a lot again.
Have a nice day,
Charles

Great mod have been using it since the beginning and recently upgraded to the latest and all is fine through the ACP and also when viewing the profiles tab however when try opening the app directly receive the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method skin_links_14::linksCopyright() in /home/mysite/public_html/mydomain/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_14/skin_links.php on line 1051

Any assistance you could provide in fixing it would be greatly appreciated. Anyone else had this issue and solved it?

It's only occurring when trying to view the main entry page seems fine bypassing it through the profile tab can even open the categories just not the main links/categories page

Are you talking over and working on this now? :)

I realise that the links directory is not a priority at the moment, but I did this redesign (based on IP.Downloads) and think that the next version should aim to be more similar to the way Files are shown.

[img]

[/img]

This is the support topic for Links Directory 3.2.2

http://community.invisionpower.com/files/file/3166-links-directory-322/

Hi I need to install the Links Application to my site. 3.2.2 appears to be an upgrade only, so where do I get the base version of the app from and how to install it?

James

Sorry to bump this, I have been working on this awhile and still cannot figure it out. I would like to just have the Latest Links appear in IP.Content like it does in the Forums as in the screen shot
In the Hooks Description it says The hook key is linksLatestLinks I assume this is what I would need. Further in the hooks info it says it is a Template Hook as

This hook shows in skin_boards -> boardIndexTemplate before the start of the foreach statement labeled side_blocks

So I am a little confused well lets say a lot confused...

post-167989-0-22719200-1300652378_thumb.

I would like to add the Recent Links Hook to a Side Bar in my IP.Content. I dug through and found the Hook as I believe it to be linksLatestLinks and set it in IP.C as

{parse block="linksLatestLinks"} 

Not showing up

Is this correct, Has anyone else done this?

Having a slight issue, getting this error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function linksSystemHome() on a non-object in /home/sigresou/public_html/admin/applications_addon/other/links/modules_public/links/categories.php on line 193

This is the line of code:

$this->output = $this->registry->output->getTemplate( 'links' )->linksSystemHome( $this->links->getMessages( true ), $theStuffWeWant, $affData, $randomLink, $stats, $activeUsers, $linkback );

I got a driver error when i went to upgrade & could only remove everything to get my board working again, removed all of old mod & the new/upgraded one then reinstalled. Once i did that the site kept working fine but when you click the links button you get that error listed above. Anyone got any ideas? Oh and im running the latest version of ipb...

Go to Manage Hooks

Click Disabled Hooks

Enable links Hook for sidebar

DONE.

If this was meant for me, there is no Links Hook For Side Bar.

All there is is
IP.Links: Popular Links
IP.Links: Latest Links (This is the one I am using in IP.Content)
IP.Links: Our Affiliates
IP.Links: Link Count on Profile View

I want it to Show In IP.CONTENT as it already shows in the Forum threads

If this was meant for me, there is no Links Hook For Side Bar.

All there is is

IP.Links: Popular Links

IP.Links: Latest Links (This is the one I am using in IP.Content)

IP.Links: Our Affiliates

IP.Links: Link Count on Profile View

I want it to Show In IP.CONTENT as it already shows in the Forum threads

Oh I gave up on IP.Content. I can't help you.. I think what I was referring to is enabling Latest Links using the edit.. allowed it to show up on my forums automatically.

That was one heck of a learning curve, got half my site up in IP.COntent and then abandoned it... I have tons of objects that I needed to carry through on many blocks/content/etc but it wouldn't work.

Having a slight issue, getting this error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function linksSystemHome() on a non-object in /home/sigresou/public_html/admin/applications_addon/other/links/modules_public/links/categories.php on line 193

This is the line of code:

$this->output = $this->registry->output->getTemplate( 'links' )->linksSystemHome( $this->links->getMessages( true ), $theStuffWeWant, $affData, $randomLink, $stats, $activeUsers, $linkback );

I got a driver error when i went to upgrade & could only remove everything to get my board working again, removed all of old mod & the new/upgraded one then reinstalled. Once i did that the site kept working fine but when you click the links button you get that error listed above. Anyone got any ideas? Oh and im running the latest version of ipb...

Any ideas please, really would like to get this resolved if any one could lend a hand...

Oh I gave up on IP.Content. I can't help you.. I think what I was referring to is enabling Latest Links using the edit.. allowed it to show up on my forums automatically.

That was one heck of a learning curve, got half my site up in IP.COntent and then abandoned it... I have tons of objects that I needed to carry through on many blocks/content/etc but it wouldn't work.

:thumbsup:

Appreciate it, I about all but gave up on IP.Content as well. I thnk What I am doing is the half arse way around but its getting done with html.

Thanks I appreciate the help

Archived