IP.Chat help!

Smokey-Rev

Do not submit a support ticket - it's a beta - we won't be able to assist.

If you are experiencing a problem and you're sure you set everything correctly, please file a bug report so a developer can look into it.
It sounds like Depotoir you didn't uninstall the original chat application first, which the instructions says to do (in bold, prefixed by the word "Important")

:rolleyes:

I just thought about something. How can IPS get feedback from IP.Chat during this beta testing if the chat is broke by these errors?

I installed Beta 3 yesterday and now my IP.Chat skin is not rendering properly. It looks fine with the default IP.Board 3.0 skin, but not with my custom skin. This did work properly with Beta 1 (too bad I didn't take a screenshot then!) but for some reason it's hosed now with Beta 3. It renders the same in Firefox and Safari. I uploaded the Beta 3 files and then ran the upgrader, all of which seemed to work without a hitch.

post-116410-12599312194_thumb.png

Any suggestions? I'd like to offer this to my subscribers so they can test it. :) I recall someone else posting a similar screenshot, so I'm curious how they resolved it.

Thanks!

..Al

[quote name='DeanHennings' date='03 December 2009 - 07:10 PM' timestamp='1259885425' post='1884718']
Beta 3 works, but first enter chat get an error code, refreash and in and working ?? went to get a new key, but SQL error and couldn't get key

Just fyi :)

This is fixed now :)

[quote name='AtariAge' date='04 December 2009 - 01:08 PM' timestamp='1259939305' post='1884861']
If you figure it out, please let me know as I haven't had time to look at that yet. :D

..Al

This worked for the weird square:

[quote name='bfarber' date='04 December 2009 - 01:08 PM' timestamp='1259939314' post='1884862']
For those with refresh, redirect, or display oddities - clear your browser cache. The javascript and skin stuff changed significantly in beta 3.

The one thing I've been wondering is just how in the world did IPS customize the IP.Chat to get the smaller "post box" and the tabled format where the message appear? It's kind of mean :ermm: that that IPS Chat is working but nobody else's is. :lol:

Same here. I refreshed my browser as well and nothing happened. AtariAge, eventually, we'll get a working Chat to Beta Test. (w00t)

Come to think of it, I keep looking over my shoulder hoping to find Alan Funt with his Candid Camera crew. :lol:

This making me light-headed and slap-happy. :hyper: :P

Archived