Bluesky

TDBF

19 minutes ago, Stuart Silvester said:

If it's anything like embedding content from other Facebook properties, I think I'll politely decline. 😂

Yeah, it does suck....

But needs must sometimes! 😋

• Management
1 hour ago, TDBF said:

Yeah, it does suck....

But needs must sometimes! 😋

It's more the approval process you have to go through with a very slim chance of getting through it. It's a massive waste of energy.

19 minutes ago, Matt said:

It's more the approval process you have to go through with a very slim chance of getting through it. It's a massive waste of energy.

We are still talking about Bluesky and not Facebook, correct? 🙂 

On 8/12/2024 at 11:34 AM, Matt said:

No, you triggered me on Facebook.

Bluesky looks simple enough 🙂 

I was talking about Threads, not Facebook 🤷‍♂️

(I know it's all Meta, but surely they would have different ways of handling their different products... right?)

37 minutes ago, Matt said:

I don't see an oEmbed endpoint for Threads. They do have a way to copy embed HTML but no way to expand a link into a nice little Threads box.

Yeah, I expect a lot of things related to Threads are still cooking (they only just got around to offering a Insights tab... which obviously hasn't rolled out globally yet so I still can't access it 🤦‍♂️).

Sort-of-related, given the whole X thing I'm very keen to "disavow" certain platforms from link embedding on my community, but still allow for embedding from other social media platforms. Could a future 5.x update maybe look to include a checkbox set of platforms that we want to allow/disallow link embedding from? 🙂