Why is this site so sluggish lately?

I have transitioned to using mostly the PWA on my iPhone to keep track of v5 progress. But the PWA doesn’t give feedback to me when I tap on a link like the browser does. So, the PWA has been especially frustrating to use when clicking on a link takes 3 to 15 seconds to load the page. Last night I got a few page loads that timed out after 30 seconds or so  

I’m hoping that v5 will make the PWA on iOS much more reactive and responsive so at least I do not feel the need to keep tapping a link multiple times due to zero UI feedback. The PWA should feel more like a native app, but right now, it feels more like using a poor browser. 

Of course the theme as a whole is more lightweight on version 5, so I would certainly expect it to be more responsive. I would say however, if its not actually opening thats very likely to be the device rather than the site. To check this, please check the site on a browser

14 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Of note, as I have observed the same behaviour with the PWA - that issue of it not opening when clicked usually coincides with the sluggishness of this site in general, that has already been commented on multiple times.

To clarify there, not specifically just with PWA then? Is that correct?

1 hour ago, Marc Stridgen said:

To clarify there, not specifically just with PWA then? Is that correct?

Yes. This site has been slow to load pages regardless. But with a browser, you get feedback. With the PWA, on iOS, at least, you get almost no indication that the request has been made and the PWA is waiting for the response from the server. 

So, I end up clicking multiple times, probably making the server even more overloaded. 

I’m hoping Invision devs are spending a lot of time using the PWA to test and develop v5 and the PWA will be more reactive. 

That is, I’m hoping the PWA is a high priority for v5, instead of an afterthought as it is in v4. 

18 minutes ago, KT Walrus said:

That is, I’m hoping the PWA is a high priority for v5, instead of an afterthought as it is in v4. 

This is not the case, as you have said yourself there. Its happening on the main site as well, so it isnt related to PWA. The fact you see it on there more pronounced is due to the way devices load it. So the speed resolutions will solve both

My point is that the PWA, as it is now, gives very little reactive feedback to the user when a link is clicked while in a browser, you get immediate feedback as you wait for the server to respond. 

Maybe the PWA needs JS or CSS to put up a spinner or some other visual feedback on link press so there would be more feedback while waiting for a response from the server. 

Not sure if its related but i am having difficulty getting on this site, very slow to load and often times out. its only in the last week or two i have had this issue. usually very quick to load. I am UK based if that's any help.  Tried different devices/browsers and makes no difference.

Also error shown or site does not load correctly. 

Could contain: File, Webpage, Symbol

Could contain: File, Webpage, Page, Text

10 hours ago, bearback said:

Not sure if its related but i am having difficulty getting on this site, very slow to load and often times out. its only in the last week or two i have had this issue. usually very quick to load. I am UK based if that's any help.  Tried different devices/browsers and makes no difference.

Also error shown or site does not load correctly. 

Could contain: File, Webpage, Symbol

Could contain: File, Webpage, Page, Text

I had the same issue this morning here and on one of my sites, while my other site (though on the same server) loaded just fine at the time.