Template Broken after move from Cloud

Good morning,

We've just moved our cloud installation to a self-hosted instance. At first everything was functioning fine but when switching our files from invisions s3 to our own s3 instance at first the whole template started disappearing and now the site is completely unaccessible. (Cannot access ACP to clear cache, is there a manual way to do it?)

There is nothing in uploads/logs.

Could contain: Page, Text, FileCould contain: Plant, Tree, Vegetation, Aircraft, Transportation, Vehicle, Nature, Outdoors, Scenery, Airship

5 minutes ago, opentype said:

Try Recovery Mode

Thank you for your reply, I've attempted recovery mode but it results in the same page being displayed as in the first post (first image).

3 minutes ago, teraĂŸyte said:

Downgrade to PHP 8.1, the 8.2 version is not supported yet.

I've tried running 8.1 & 8.0 both result in the same. 

When reverting back to a 7.x version the styling of the site does load and error logs do generate (versus on 8.1 they do not) but obviously there will be script errors for unsupported PHP functions and it will still remain unusable.

This leads me to believe that it has something to do with the filesystem/file storage. I've tried manually changing the file storage types in database and running the clearcache.php and cleanupfiles.php but this does not resolve the issue eitehr.

Again thank you for your replies & trying to help me with the issue.

14 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Are you missing any files that were not uploaded successfully to your server? Would try uploading all again.

Anything in your /datastore directory? Would delete anything other index.html and try again.

I've tried emptying datastore before (except index) as I did do some research before posting this topic but it does the same thing. It does recreate the files but the same error persists. I will attempt reuploading the /sitefiles/ folder provided by your team and see if the error persists. 

Could the problem be created by a misconfiguration on the nginx config?

3 hours ago, tim260 said:

I've tried emptying datastore before (except index) as I did do some research before posting this topic but it does the same thing. It does recreate the files but the same error persists. I will attempt reuploading the /sitefiles/ folder provided by your team and see if the error persists. 

Could the problem be created by a misconfiguration on the nginx config?

Without knowing the error which is being presented here, it is hard to say. Ultimately, we're starting at the easy things first đŸ™‚Â 

1 hour ago, Jim M said:

Without knowing the error which is being presented here, it is hard to say. Ultimately, we're starting at the easy things first đŸ™‚Â 

A full reinstall seemed to have resolved the problem. When looking in the reoccurring error logs these are the most common ones.

I suspect since it's something to do with the file system and getting the theme css that was the cause of the forum breaking? Ideally not wanting to have to reinstall if this happens again and lose data haha

Could contain: Page, Text

Hey thereÂ đŸ‘‹!
I encountered the same error as you and for me were 2 ways to see from what was it.

1. If you are using cloudflare, make sure is not proxied. ( For me this was a problem, not showing the css at all, I use custom Nginx protection and it was fighting with Cloudflare, by disabling proxied, worked again ).

2. Data-Store path is incorrect.
- What I did? Logged in AdminCP, and tried to find "clear caches" it was hard but I did it, after that some of the CSS came back so to say and I updated the data-store path and everything worked again.

Follow these links to update data-store path:
1. Create New (https://yourdomain.com/admin/?app=core&module=overview&controller=files&do=configurationForm
2. Edit Current One: (https://yourdomain.com/admin/?app=core&module=overview&controller=files&do=configurationForm&id=1)

Edited by Alexandru

On 2/12/2024 at 5:12 AM, Marc Stridgen said:

Are you getting this if you test with a default theme?

Yes I had the same issue with the default theme (but I have resolved it since by reuploading all the files)

On 2/12/2024 at 12:26 PM, Alexandru said:

Hey thereÂ đŸ‘‹!
I encountered the same error as you and for me were 2 ways to see from what was it.

1. If you are using cloudflare, make sure is not proxied. ( For me this was a problem, not showing the css at all, I use custom Nginx protection and it was fighting with Cloudflare, by disabling proxied, worked again ).

2. Data-Store path is incorrect.
- What I did? Logged in AdminCP, and tried to find "clear caches" it was hard but I did it, after that some of the CSS came back so to say and I updated the data-store path and everything worked again.

Follow these links to update data-store path:
1. Create New (https://yourdomain.com/admin/?app=core&module=overview&controller=files&do=configurationForm
2. Edit Current One: (https://yourdomain.com/admin/?app=core&module=overview&controller=files&do=configurationForm&id=1)

If it ever occurs again I will try the data-store path method! Thank you Alexandru!