captcha now on cloud hosting?

22 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

it is something that shouldnt really be coming up. It was added as a 'just in case', but really your users shouldnt be seeing it unless they are doing something very odd.

But it did come up

Though thank you for fixing it now.

23 hours ago, David N. said:

Most users seeing this are probably going to think the site has been hacked and won't proceed.

And I agree with this exactly. Even I thought the same about my own website and had to double check the URL to be sure. The look and feel of it diminish the credibility of the site completely, even if most users will not see it, for the time that it does come up it would be nice if it could be better integrated so the design didn't look so dodgy. 

Thank you though for fixing it currently @Marc Stridgen

3 hours ago, ekforum said:

But it did come up

You could get a time where there is an error on your site, things break badly, or many other things that wouldnt look good on the user end too. Our aim is to resolve the problem so they dont see these things, rather than to make the issue look pretty 🙂 

Just happened again for me, had to fill out 2 captchas in a row when clicking a link on my forum and opening up in a separate tab, around 14:41. Shouldn't it track cookies/IP address and not do that? Especially as I was also logged in as Admin at the time. It is in a general browser not a private one.

Our aim is to resolve the problem so they dont see these things, rather than to make the issue look pretty 🙂 

Sure, would be good if mainly people didn't see. But when people do see, I still think it looks very dodgy like the user has clicked onto a 3rd party website which will result in a high % of abandonment of the website/page IMO. Making it within a theme wrapper as another user suggested would be good idea if feasible IMO. 

• Management
On 2/14/2024 at 2:43 AM, ekforum said:

Just happened again for me, had to fill out 2 captchas in a row when clicking a link on my forum and opening up in a separate tab, around 14:41. Shouldn't it track cookies/IP address and not do that? Especially as I was also logged in as Admin at the time. It is in a general browser not a private one.

Sure, would be good if mainly people didn't see. But when people do see, I still think it looks very dodgy like the user has clicked onto a 3rd party website which will result in a high % of abandonment of the website/page IMO. Making it within a theme wrapper as another user suggested would be good idea if feasible IMO. 

Are you using incognito or private browsing?

• 2 months later...
22 minutes ago, ekforum said:

These keeps happening again. Legitimate users keep getting this pop up, and I have been experiencing it too frequently recently also. 

We are working with you on your ticket with this... Please be sure to reply there.