Jump to content

Images on Widget no longer loading correctly.


Recommended Posts

Hello guys, 

I am having an issue which was not a problem up until around the new version of IPS 4.7.15 was installed. It is also worth noting our server is operating on PHP 8.1.27

On our homepage we have the "Top Picks Images" widget which is linked to an image album on the site. It now has an odd behaviour whereby it will show the image titles, but no image. I have noted that upon multiple refreshes, you can sometimes get the images to load, but that is not ideal. 

This is what you see on first page load + 

Could contain: Computer Hardware, Electronics, Hardware, Monitor, Screen, Text

 

Whereas it should look like this, but you can only get to this after many refreshes.

Could contain: Computer Hardware, Electronics, Hardware

I do not think it is the custom theme we are using as I have just tried the default IPS theme and I get the same results. Is this a known issue ? Any help is fixing this would be appreciated. 

Many thanks,
P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Do you have any external caching running at all that may be influencing this? If so, could you please disable and let us know if this resolves the issue?

 

Yes, we use cloud flare, however disabling it has no effect. I disabled it as well as did a full purge. I then also tried in incognito mode to make sure it was not a current browser session cache and I still need to hit refresh a couple of times to get the images to finally load.

 

Thanks,
P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks like someone else is having the same issues: 

 

As for console errors, no I have just checked and there are no errors relating to image loading or anything close, just some Google Syndication stuff, but that will be to do with my ads.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was able to reproduce this with Chrome.

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention! I can confirm this should be further reviewed and I have logged an internal bug report for our development team to investigate and address as necessary, in a future maintenance release.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Ehren said:

This will be fixed in our next release. This is the solution we ended up applying:

[data-blockid^="app_gallery_imageFeed_"] .cGalleryWidgetList .ipsImageBlock__main{
	display: block;
	text-align: center;
}

 

This worked for me...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Ehren said:

This will be fixed in our next release. This is the solution we ended up applying:

[data-blockid^="app_gallery_imageFeed_"] .cGalleryWidgetList .ipsImageBlock__main{
	display: block;
	text-align: center;
}

 

Thanks for the work guys, where would I need to insert this ? I assume that once the official release comes out I would not need to remove this as it is a part of the next IPS release ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, panzerscope said:

Thanks for the work guys, where would I need to insert this ? I assume that once the official release comes out I would not need to remove this as it is a part of the next IPS release ?

To your custom.css and you wouldn't need to remove it, but I would strongly suggest to remove it from the custom.css once we release our next maintenance release containing this fix.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Daniel F said:

To your custom.css and you wouldn't need to remove it, but I would strongly suggest to remove it from the custom.css once we release our next maintenance release containing this fix.

 

Thanks, will this be released in a main release or will you issue another hotfix patch ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...