Custom SSO Not working

2 minutes ago, Jason Brown_41238 said:

@teraßyte I purchased it through Invisionpower, it was a paid service they offered.  Now I don't see where to get any support, it just directs me to this forum. 

I see we did an SSO for you back in 2018. If you need any updates to this, it would be under a new contract, and you should contact Sales. However, we typically no longer do SSO integrations for self-hosted any longer.

If it is stopping working randomly and starting back again, it’s less likely to do with the code and more to do with the communication between your community and the SSO itself. Either a firewall issue, rate limiting, or something similar. 

IPB obviously is not changing anything (they can’t in the case of being self hosted) so something else would have to be occurring outside of the software stack for it to randomly start/stop working. 

14 hours ago, Randy Calvert said:

If it is stopping working randomly and starting back again, it’s less likely to do with the code and more to do with the communication between your community and the SSO itself. Either a firewall issue, rate limiting, or something similar. 

IPB obviously is not changing anything (they can’t in the case of being self hosted) so something else would have to be occurring outside of the software stack for it to randomly start/stop working. 

I would tend to agree with this, so it would certainly be worth checking

@Randy Calvert it stops working after a two or three days.  Then we have to take the API and secret key and put it back in.  It's already there but we have to put it back in and save it then re-configure our SSO again.

Tried a new secret key and api, same thing.  As you said doesn't change that they can't help.  Just kind of sucks after working and not really knowing what else to trouble shoot.  

May have to try a third party vendor while I wait to have conversation about cloud hosting, but even that it seems SSO is a separate charge, but maybe it's just they help you manage it.  🤷🏾‍♂️

12 minutes ago, Jason Brown_41238 said:

... but even that it seems SSO is a separate charge

Correct. It is not included in the Cloud hosting charges but is a separate service we offer. Similar to how we used to offer this to self-hosted customers.