How to Embed Videos IN MY Community

1 hour ago, Warren McPherson said:

Is there another way to embed these videos? 

Are you the only one who will post the Gumlet videos? If so, try giving yourself permission to post HTML, and then use the embed code provided by Gumlet....

<iframe width="1200" height="675" 
        src="https://play.gumlet.io/embed/{{asset_id}}" 
        title="Gumlet video player" 
        frameBorder="0" 
        allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; fullscreen">
</iframe>

23 hours ago, Robert Angle said:

Are you the only one who will post the Gumlet videos? If so, try giving yourself permission to post HTML, and then use the embed code provided by Gumlet....

<iframe width="1200" height="675" 
        src="https://play.gumlet.io/embed/{{asset_id}}" 
        title="Gumlet video player" 
        frameBorder="0" 
        allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; fullscreen">
</iframe>

@Robert Angle Thank you. I Did give myself permission and you the HTML code option to embed. But I'm not seeing the video, just the HTML code. Here here: 

Could contain: File, Webpage, Page, Text, Person, Face, Head

15 hours ago, Warren McPherson said:

@Robert Angle Thank you. I Did give myself permission and you the HTML code option to embed. But I'm not seeing the video, just the HTML code.

10 hours ago, Nathan Explosion said:

You used the HTML option within the Code box button...that literally just posts code as text.

Click the Source button in the editor to edit the html.

Nathan is right.

In the CKEditor, click Source to enter "HTML mode" and then do what you want. Click Source again to return to the normal CKEditor.

On 12/2/2023 at 2:42 AM, Nathan Explosion said:

You used the HTML option within the Code box button...that literally just posts code as text.

Click the Source button in the editor to edit the html.

@Nathan Explosion @Robert Angle

Pardon my ignorance; I need a little more direction. To clarify: 

1. I first post the video Embed code using the Code Button?

2.  What button do you guys refer to as the "Source button?" When I hover over each button in the Editor, I don't see one name, "Source."

3. When I find this Source button, what is it that I'm editing in the video embed code so I can see the video when it's published? 

Thank you all for the assistance. 

3 minutes ago, Warren McPherson said:

@Nathan Explosion @Robert Angle

Pardon my ignorance; I need a little more direction. To clarify: 

2.  What button do you guys refer to as the "Source button?" When I hover over each button in the Editor, I don't see one name, "Source."

3. When I find this Source button, what is it that I'm editing in the video embed code so I can see the video when it's published? 

Thank you all for the assistance. 

Once your member group has permission to post HTML in group permissions, you should see a "Source" button in the editor in the top left:

Could contain: Page, Text, Number, Symbol

10 minutes ago, Warren McPherson said:

No

The one titled 'Source' - you said that

On 12/2/2023 at 3:00 AM, Warren McPherson said:

I Did give myself permission

...so it had to be assumed that you had. If you didn't then you should check your group to see if you have the "Can post HTML?" setting is enabled for it.

You're adding whatever your html code is

9 hours ago, Jim M said:

Once your member group has permission to post HTML in group permissions, you should see a "Source" button in the editor in the top left:

Could contain: Page, Text, Number, Symbol

@Jim M @Nathan Explosion

So, I don't seem to have this Source button in my toolbar, and I don't see it as an option to add in the Editor settings. How do I get it? I'm running version 4.7.14 of the community plugin. 

Could contain: Page, Text, File, Person, Webpage

Could contain: Page, Text, File, Webpage, Business Card, Paper

Edited by Warren McPherson

4 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Have you done this?

@Nathan Explosion, yes, posting a regular HTML via the code button has never been the problem - See the screenshot above where I've given Adim HTML access to post. The issue is I don't have the source button, and there's a way to add it. 

Edited by Warren McPherson