Calendar not working after upgrade

It looks like you're in WHM (the "root" or server level).  It's not done there.  It's done in the user level cPanel.    Inside of the cPanel account for that user should be a section for cron jobs.  You would find the existing one and change it o reflect the correct path.  

In your screenshot for example, you'll notice it includes the "ea-php80".  That's what will tell cron to use PHP8 instead of what is most likely something like "ea-php70" or "ea-php74".

Edited by Randy Calvert

Many thanks Randy, it was in cPanel and not in WHM.

Fixed it.

Could contain: Page, Text, Chart, Plot

New entry

Could contain: Page, Text, Chart, Plot

However, I still can't find a way to fix the sidebar topic.

We are running a stock theme without any mods and never faced this issue before this upgrade.

Appreciate it if someone could point me in some meaningful direction, please.

https://carnity.com/forums/topic/18797-2-days-all-level-overlanding-drive-7-emirates-2-and-3-dec-2023/

Could contain: Page, Text, File

6 minutes ago, Gauravk said:

We are running a stock theme without any mods and never faced this issue before this upgrade.

Appreciate it if someone could point me in some meaningful direction, please.

https://carnity.com/forums/topic/18797-2-days-all-level-overlanding-drive-7-emirates-2-and-3-dec-2023/

I'm afraid, you are not running a stock theme, there are numerous CSS and template customizations. You have a customized theme and you will want to work with your theme's author for any issues or revert to an unmodified theme.

Hi Jim, if you call adding google analytics and FB pixel, footer links code a numerous mods then yes you are right.

But to the best of our knowledge we have switched to stock, plain vanilla IPS theme with custom colors of our brand for the last 5 years, as on every upgrade we have the same issue, over and over again without fail.

Due to such a sensitive upgrade process, we do upgrade IPS once in 2 years now, to save all these hassles and back and forth.

Hope someone reading this higher up at IPS Ivory Tower, can offer a sane solution to customer's common pain points and save embarrassment for their hard-earned business site to go into limp mode soon after the upgrade.

For now, I would really appreciate it if you or someone can point out what exactly causing this sidebar issue would be really helpful.

I have copy of all these three files showing modified out of several thousands, before the upgrade.

Could contain: Page, Text, File, Webpage

A simple way to tell if this is a theme issue or not...  

• Login to ACP
  • Goto Customization > Appearance > Themes
  • Click on Create New and choose Easy Mode.
  • Give it a name like "Test" or whatever you want.  
  • Make the theme available only to your member group (like Admin)
  • Go to your main website and switch to using that theme.  

When you have a theme that is 2 years old or older, it's going to be super difficult if not impossible for it to be automatically updated.  There will be things that cannot be merged or not touched because they were previously modified.  Using the method above, you will have something that is untouched in any way.  

Look around and see if the problem exists there.  If it does not, it's a theme problem and you need to either fix your own theme, or you need to simply apply whatever customizations you previously made to the new theme.  (Once ready simply make it the default for everyone else.)

Also if you are only going to upgrade every two years, I would personally expect to be starting over with your theme when you finally get around to upgrading.  You're talking about being over 20 releases behind in which there are typically MANY major changes during that time.  Many sections of code across the site end up changed and if those templates are ever touched, the upgrader will ignore them so they don't overwrite anything you've done previously.  

31 minutes ago, Gauravk said:

Hi Jim, if you call adding google analytics and FB pixel, footer links code a numerous mods then yes you are right.

But to the best of our knowledge we have switched to stock, plain vanilla IPS theme with custom colors of our brand for the last 5 years, as on every upgrade we have the same issue, over and over again without fail.

I'm afraid, there are several templates which are modified and there is a lot of custom CSS. Google Analytics and Facebook Pixel have integrations in our software so should not be injected into the templates to make life simpler for yourself.

Keep in mind that any modification to a template would cause it not to be automatically upgraded so our software does not wipe out your modifications. Thus, the template would be outdated and therefore not be compatible with the latest release and cause your issue. You would need to ensure that your modified templates are compatible to reduce issues.

However, before we even go down that road. As mentioned, you would need to switch to an unmodified theme to test the issue at hand here is with your theme or not. If you do not want to do that, I'm afraid, we are beyond the extent of support which we can offer you. As we do not support custom theme development so would not be able to inform you on how to correct that.

40 minutes ago, Gauravk said:

Due to such a sensitive upgrade process, we do upgrade IPS once in 2 years now, to save all these hassles and back and forth.

It is worth noting that if it has been 2 years since your last upgrade, your modified templates are horribly out of date. Thus, you would want to switch to an unmodified theme to see if it is the out of date theme or not causing the issue. 

You also want to disable any third party add-on to ensure outdated add-ons aren't influencing the outcome of your UI.

FYI... the recommended way to integrate Google Analytics and Facebook Pixel tracking is not to modify your theme.  That makes things harder to manage across upgrades and means you have to do it in EVERY theme you have.  Instead you should be doing it in:

ACP > System > Site Features > Integrations

This allows it to be applied site wide regardless of your theme.  

10 hours ago, Gauravk said:

Hope someone reading this higher up at IPS Ivory Tower, can offer a sane solution to customer's common pain points and save embarrassment for their hard-earned business site to go into limp mode soon after the upgrade.

I would just like to point out with this one, we already offer a 'sane solution' to common pain points, and endeavour to improve that even more into the future. But the reality is, what you are doing at the moment isn't actually saving you hassles. 

We offer many bug fixes between every version of the platform. If (for example) there are 500 lines of code between 2 given versions that have been changed, that's 500 times something may have been either a problem change, or something that is incompatible with your custom code (of which we have no control). If you don't upgrade 10 times, you are then looking at 5000 instead. So upgrading very infrequently, is actually very counterintuitive

On to the issues at hand. Your theme is indeed customised, as you can see here

Could contain: Landscape, Nature, Outdoors, Panoramic, Scenery

This is the first place you should really be looking. You should be manually upgrading the templates that are modified between versions of the software, otherwise it will indeed cause you problems. You have modified code in the global template for example, which will affect every page on your site. We provide tools for checking the changed here

https://invisioncommunity.com/index.php?app=core&module=system&controller=plugins&do=diff

Just as a small example. Your last version was 4.7.2.1. If you compare that between then and now, there are changes on globalTemplate. So whatever those items change, will either break your site in some way, or not fix something that should have been fixed. 

Could contain: Page, Text

This is not to mention you currently have 12 x 3rd party applications installed and 11 x 3rd party plugins. These are all items in which you run at a risk of breaking your site. They should be fully tested between updates, and ensured to also be up to date as the authors are likely fixing things between updates. While not all will show if there is an update (you would need to check with the authors), there are at least 3 there which actively state they are out of date, so its very very likely they will be breaking things.

I completely understand that while running a business, you will have needs that come outside the box of the vendor in which you are using, and that you are using 3rd party and customised items to fulfil those needs. I also understand that you dont want the hassle of upgrading frequently, and so choose to upgrade very infrequently. But I'm a little confused as to how we can provide tools to assist you along with this process, as currently you appear not to be using the ones we provide.

24 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

But I'm a little confused as to how we can provide tools to assist you along with this process, as currently you appear not to be using the ones we provide.

By offering helpful, problem-solving, customer focus - support (standard or paid) to identify such gaps and advise us on how to fill them ASAP.

You guys are the creator of these codes, modules, software, would spot a difference and root cause in a few seconds, while we blindfolded in the jungle keep ranting that IPS broke my site, 3rd party broke my site.

Win-win situation come when you extend a helping hand and earn appreciation with money and respect.

Honestly speaking, this time support was FAAAAR BETTER than in the past.

11 minutes ago, Gauravk said:

By offering helpful, problem-solving, customer focus - support (standard or paid) to identify such gaps and advise us on how to fill them ASAP.

On this, we agree. What I believe we disagree on is that sometimes this advice may be "Unfortunately, we dont do this." and "You would need a developer to help you achieve this"

12 minutes ago, Gauravk said:

You guys are the creator of these codes, modules, software, would spot a difference and root cause in a few seconds, while we blindfolded in the jungle keep ranting that IPS broke my site, 3rd party broke my site.

I very much wish this was the case. You are quite right in saying we are the creators of our code. The issue is that the code in question isn't actually our code. Our advice generally, is to first of all remove the 3rd party code from its potential to be an issue (for example, check on a default theme). If its then found to be that theme, we would not debug that customisation. It would be for the person who wrote that customisation to take a look at.

15 minutes ago, Gauravk said:

Win-win situation come when you extend a helping hand and earn appreciation with money and respect.

Honestly speaking, this time support was FAAAAR BETTER than in the past.

Very sorry to hear you feel that way.  My previous response was an aid to assist you in where you are going wrong there, and what is causing you to experience issues with your site, and our advice there is very much the help you are asking for. However, it appears to have been read as somewhat combative. Sorry if that's how you have read into that. 

To give an analogy here on your terms. You are asking how to drive a car and prevent it from causing horrible sounds every time you drive it. When you brought it to us, we found you have changed the wheels for a lower rim, the exhaust has been switched for a larger one, you have removed the windows entirely, and the horn is now an air horn. We're advising these may be causing the noise. We are also advising that keeping it serviced, and putting on your seatbelt, will serve you better in the long run than not servicing it for 10 years, then when you do, driving without.

In summary, I don't think we are ever going to agree here. But whether we agree or not, we are here to try and help you. We want your site to succeed. 

After clearing the cache on your site, the sidebar is now working correctly. 

With that said, there is some severely outdated code in your theme, especially within globalTemplate. This will likely cause other issues on your site, or may prevent new features from working correctly. I'd suggest manually upgrading your template files by following the code changes provided by the Theme Tool.