Calendar not working after upgrade

Well more than a year ago, the support model was changed to be forum first.  Self hosted users need to post on the forums here which are monitored by staff. If it requires deeper analysis or is something confidential in nature, they can open a ticket on your behalf which would be communicated via email.

If you are hosted by IPS, you can open a ticket via the client area.

What problem are you having?  One of the values of being forum first is you get the experience and scale of other customers as well. 

Edited by Randy Calvert

As Randy mentioned, support functions the same, for more than a year now we changed where you start it. You can create a topic in our staffed support forum at the link below and state your issue. If there is highly sensitive information, we have ways in the Client Area to obtain that information securely by our staff only or we can pass it to a ticket if further investigation is required.

https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/forum/497-technical-problems/

Thanks Randy, totally understand that.

I just updated my site to the latest version and now events / calendar isnt working.

We have had a plugin for re-sort widget to alter wrong timings from past, that seems like an issue, so uninstall that too and still site is working, but calendars arent working.

Any quick help would be highly appreciated, please.

https://carnity.com/events/5-events/

I just updated my site to the latest version and now events / calendar isnt working.

We have had a plugin for re-sort widget to alter wrong timings from past, that seems like an issue, so uninstall that too and still site is working, but calendars arent working.

Any quick help would be highly appreciated, please.

Thanks in advance.

https://carnity.com/events/5-events/

Edited by Gauravk

• Gauravk changed the title to Calendar not working after upgrade
5 minutes ago, Jim M said:

You'll want to check your FURLs and revert any custom FURLs that you have for calendar. This can be done in ACP -> System -> Advanced Configuration -> Friendly URLs.

I merged your two topics. You'll want to check the solution quoted above.

Im experiencing a couple of more issues after the upgrade. Please split this topic if we are supposed to make a new topic for every different kind of help.

Problem 1: Fatal error: The task was called with PHP version 7.4.30 while PHP 8.0.0 is required. in /home/carnity/public_html/carnity.com/applications/core/interface/task/task.php on line 39

Problem 2: featured topic on sidebar looks very funny.

Could contain: Text

Problem 3: Same with topics on sidebar

Could contain: Page, Text, File

Problem 4: I still have plenty of FURL which is not reverted, so should I revert all of them for settings, checkout, store, etc?

Could contain: Page, Text

Edited by Gauravk

Issue 1… your cron is calling the old v7 of PHP. Edit your cron to reflect the path noted in ACP’s task section. 

Issue 2/3 look like theme issues. You need to update/fix your third party theme.  Try switching to a new/default theme to confirm. Otherwise it’s possible a 3rd party resource is interfering. 

Issue 4… if you don’t know why those URLs are customized and did not do them yourself, revert them. 

Issue 5… don’t see anything posted so don’t know what you’re meaning. 🙂 

I was running on PHP 8 since over a year, and after this upgrade all of sudden this happening.

Can someone please point me to right direction on what to look and where to change, I have access to WHM and SSH.

Appreciate any help in resolving this cron issue.

Could contain: Page, Text

Your cron command is likely still pointing to use PHP 7 so you will need to change it to PHP 8. Likely you were on a version of Invision Community that still worked with 7 so you weren't getting this error. Checking your cron task is the first step. If you are unsure how to do this, please contact your hosting provider or hire a server administrator. 

If you need assistance in performing this, you can find third party providers at the list here: https://invisioncommunity.com/third-party/providers-directory/

CRON uses a different version of PHP rather than what your Apache uses.  

2019-09-19_14-36-04.thumb.png.8e77450590

In the ACP settings when you choose task method, you picked CRON.  The path at some point changed.  Copy the path it tells you and update your CRON settings.  You're not changing your PHP version for your WEBSITE.  You're changing the CRON to use the PHP8 instead of PHP7.