iOS notifications

24 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Have these people switched on the notifications in their account settings? Also, have they added the site on their device?

Mind guiding me to where in the notification settings they need to turn this on? They have added the site on their device. Is there not an easy way for a prompt to pop up for them to enable notifications?

1 hour ago, Agent Shark said:

Mind guiding me to where in the notification settings they need to turn this on? They have added the site on their device. Is there not an easy way for a prompt to pop up for them to enable notifications?

1 hour ago, Chris59 said:

I must agree here . on safari and ios i never get the option to allow notifications . not even this site 

Click the share icon at the bottom of the page, then click on "Add to home page"

2 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Click the share icon at the bottom of the page, then click on "Add to home page"

This button alone does not trigger notifications. I have it on my home page, but there is no notifications that are being generated when someone quotes me, DMs me, etc. I have no capability to make sure that happens on my device.

17 minutes ago, Agent Shark said:

This button alone does not trigger notifications. I have it on my home page, but there is no notifications that are being generated when someone quotes me, DMs me, etc. I have no capability to make sure that happens on my device.

After the PWA was installed, open the notification settings (bell symbol → notification settings). At the end, there is a setting for Push notifications to be turned on. It’s not on by default. 

After this option became available, I made a forum post in my communities to explain it to users. Example

Edited by opentype

26 minutes ago, opentype said:

After the PWA was installed, open the notification settings (bell symbol → notification settings). At the end, there is a setting for Push notifications to be turned on. It’s not on by default. 

After this option became available, I made a forum post in my communities to explain it to users. Example

No dice on my end. I have the PWA installed and I still do not see a push option. Realistically, is there anyway to set this enabled by default?

34 minutes ago, Agent Shark said:

No dice on my end. I have the PWA installed and I still do not see a push option. Realistically, is there anyway to set this enabled by default?

You would need to enable it in the PWA as there is an explicit optin and negotiation to register the device for push notifications with your OS provider.

You would open the PWA, login, and go to Account Settings -> Notification Settings -> Scroll to the bottom and enable it as seen here:

Could contain: Page, Text

On 11/21/2023 at 12:51 PM, Jim M said:

You would need to enable it in the PWA as there is an explicit optin and negotiation to register the device for push notifications with your OS provider.

You would open the PWA, login, and go to Account Settings -> Notification Settings -> Scroll to the bottom and enable it as seen here:

Could contain: Page, Text

For some strange reason I am not seeing the Push option still.