upgrade to v4.7.8 problems

Go to solution Solved by Makoto,

I updated the server to php8.1 and then updated the software to 4.78.

Now the post counts, replies and read/unread on the forum page are not getting updated.

there's also a bunch of these errors in the logs:

TypeError: array_filter(): Argument #1 ($array) must be of type array, null given (0) #0 /www/site/web/forum/system/Content/Content.php(2523): array_filter() #1 [internal function]: IPS\_Content->_sendQuoteAndMentionNotifications() #2 /www/site/web/forum/init.php(927) : eval()'d code(23): call_user_func_array() #3 /www/site/web/forum/system/Content/Content.php(2466): IPS\groupmention_hook_groupmentionContentContent->_sendQuoteAndMentionNotifications() #4 /www/site/web/forum/system/Content/Content.php(2261): IPS\_Content->sendQuoteAndMentionNotifications() #5 /www/site/web/forum/system/Content/Comment.php(242): IPS\_Content->sendNotifications() #6 /www/site/web/forum/applications/forums/sources/Topic/Post.php(145): IPS\Content\_Comment::create() #7 /www/site/web/forum/system/Content/Item.php(4959): IPS\forums\Topic\_Post::create() #8 /www/site/web/forum/system/Content/Item.php(4645): IPS\Content\_Item->processCommentForm() #9 /www/site/web/forum/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/topic.php(141): IPS\Content\_Item->commentForm() #10 /www/site/web/forum/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(118): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_topic->manage() #11 /www/site/web/forum/system/Content/Controller.php(50): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute() #12 /www/site/web/forum/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/topic.php(39): IPS\Content\_Controller->execute() #13 /www/site/web/forum/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_topic->execute() #14 /www/site/web/forum/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run() #15 {main}

and these

TypeError: array_filter(): Argument #1 ($array) must be of type array, null given (0) #0 /www/site/web/forum/system/Content/Content.php(2717): array_filter() #1 [internal function]: IPS\_Content->_sendQuoteAndMentionNotifications() #2 /www/site/web/forum/init.php(935) : eval()'d code(23): call_user_func_array() #3 /www/site/web/forum/system/Content/Content.php(2660): IPS\groupmention_hook_groupmentionContentContent->_sendQuoteAndMentionNotifications() #4 /www/site/web/forum/system/Content/Content.php(2455): IPS\_Content->sendQuoteAndMentionNotifications() #5 /www/site/web/forum/system/Content/Comment.php(242): IPS\_Content->sendNotifications() #6 /www/site/web/forum/applications/forums/sources/Topic/Post.php(140): IPS\Content\_Comment::create() #7 /www/site/web/forum/system/Content/Item.php(5122): IPS\forums\Topic\_Post::create() #8 /www/site/web/forum/system/Content/Item.php(4808): IPS\Content\_Item->processCommentForm() #9 /www/site/web/forum/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/topic.php(141): IPS\Content\_Item->commentForm() #10 /www/site/web/forum/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(118): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_topic->manage() #11 /www/site/web/forum/system/Content/Controller.php(50): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute() #12 /www/site/web/forum/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/topic.php(39): IPS\Content\_Controller->execute() #13 /www/site/web/forum/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_topic->execute() #14 /www/site/web/forum/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run() #15 {main}

any ideas on how to fix?

• Solution

Looks like this application may have some PHP compatability issues which are preventing your tasks from running properly,

Try disabling it and see if that resolves the issue. If it does, then you'll need to contact the author of this application and let them know of the errors.

Edited by Makoto

Could contain: Page, Text, File

I think we're good since I turned the group mention off. No more errors and the counts seem to be working.

I thought this was in a private part of the site. Is there any way for me to change my username and edit the first post to remove the domain name?

7 minutes ago, Michael Latham said:

I thought this was in a private part of the site. Is there any way for me to change my username and edit the first post to remove the domain name?

Our community is public. There is a notice to this on this forum's description as well 🙂 . I have gone ahead and edited your first post. You can change your display name in Account Settings -> Display Name.

• 1 month later...
On 3/13/2023 at 2:50 PM, MichaelLa said:

Yep, we're on the latest version.

I just pushed an update for the GroupMention plugin that fixed an issue with php 8.1. Maybe that will also make it work again for you

• 9 months later...
30 minutes ago, Jennifer Beadles said:

Hi @kRSB,

We are not receiving email notifications when our Admins use the group mention (@ members tag) in the forum. A few weeks ago, when it was used everyone in the forum was receiving emails. 

Please let us know how to fix it

You will want to contact them on their own website for support.