Can't embed external images

HUGZ

Upgraded to the latest version (v4.7.4 + PHP 8.1) and can no longer embed external images from their url. everything else seems to embed okay.

no 3rd party plugins and using the default theme.

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Page, Text

Could contain: Page, Text, Plot, Chart

pasting the image in directly works, but it errors when pasting the image url.

Edited by HUGZ

22 minutes ago, HUGZ said:

(I'd ask Invision directly but email/live chat support seems to have been removed for paying customers)

The rignt place to get support from the IPS team now is this forum:

https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/forum/497-help-support/

Right now you're posting in the Community Support area "Need advice beyond the scope of Invision Community support?" where the IPS staff isn't answering.

On 11/23/2022 at 9:47 PM, HUGZ said:

any help or insights would be appreciated please.

(I'd ask Invision directly but email/live chat support seems to have been removed for paying customers)

Hi @HUGZ,

Our Help & Support forum is the place to go for official support. We may tend to this forum from time to time, but as @Ramsesx mentioned above, it is more for things beyond the scope of Invision Community where our community here can also chime in and assist.

Would you like me to move your topic to the Help & Support forum?

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/29/2022 at 9:09 AM, Marc Stridgen said:

As mentioned above, you need to check your server error logs to see exactly what the error is when you are testing this. Its very likely there is something like modsecurity or securi that are blocking these in some manner

Here's everything relating to the issue I can find from the logs:

TypeError: Unsupported operand types: string * int (0)
#0 /home/applications/core/modules/front/system/editor.php(130): IPS\Text\_Parser::imageEmbed()
#1 /home/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(107): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_editor->validateLink()
#2 /home/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#3 /home/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#4 {main}

Backtrace:

#0 /home/init.php(1029): IPS\_Log::log()
#1 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::exceptionHandler()
#2 {main}

and if I hit the link that is returning the 500 error ()...

The CSRF protection key did not match. This may indicate a plugin or theme is out of date. Please contact technical support for more information.

also to reiterate, this worked perfectly fine before updating the forum and PHP. I haven't got any plugins installed and this is using an uncustomized default theme. other than upgrading the php version, nothing has changed on my server.

On 12/8/2022 at 6:33 PM, Jim M said:

Are you utilizing mod_security or any other security system which may be blocking the external image request from your server to the external source?

No to mod_security + nothing that wasn't enabled or configured before running the update.

On 12/14/2022 at 3:24 PM, Marc Stridgen said:

While I appreciate there are things that may have been there before the update, there may be something on the update that its now triggering. Please disable these and test again in the first instance

disable what?