FX Pages - a free collection of Pages templates

On 2/23/2022 at 6:05 PM, Dreadknux said:

I just wanted to throw in another little bug I noticed if that's okay... on the menu widget, sub-categories are always expanded even when the arrow is set to closed. Please see below (the 'Mainline Games' subcategory is expanded, the 'Section 2.2' subcategory is not expanded but the child page is still visible). Any chance this can be fixed? Thank you, I appreciate it 🙂 

952794651_Screenshot2022-02-23at17_12_16.png.3d6bbc55c77ee256fe99543b293c738e.png

This has been fixed in FX Pages 2.2.0. Currently waits for approval.............

7 hours ago, PatrickRQ said:

Can FX pages display sub-category tree in sidebar menu for documentation?

First and second level only. If you have a deeper structure, give fxpages_courses_menu a try instead. Yes, you can apply it to docs as well. This menu displays only current category and subcategories. Plus the back link to the parent. This is infinite this way and is a better way to navigate for deep structures. 

Thanks a lot @Sonya* for this great app. I'm testing it in my IPS site and found an inconvenience. When crreates a new page or category by default takes the tittle as friendly URL and takes all chars in the tittle. Accents, or special chars included as "ó, ñ, ü, á, etc..." (usually in spanish language) this chars should be convert for your simple form automatically to respect the internation URLs rules.

I can edit manually every URL in page settings, but by default as IPS makes, He should convert to standar URL format. Can take a look for future updates?

image.png.b235fe9015ab12bfc968366d2355d12b.png

3 hours ago, Optimvs said:

I can edit manually every URL in page settings, but by default as IPS makes, He should convert to standar URL format. Can take a look for future updates?

This is how friendly URLs work in the entire suite by default. It is outside the scope of this app. However, you can use my free plugin to change this behavior in the entire suite. This will work for every URL in your community: forums, blogs, galleries, products and also databases created with Pages.

35 minutes ago, Sirmadsen said:

I cannot get the TOC to work, followed the instructions to the letter.

1. What display template do you use? News, Documentation, Courses?
  2. Double-check that Page Includes are set.
  3. CKEditor plugin format installed?
  4. Do your subtitles use Heading 2 to Heading 4?
Edited by Sonya*
2 hours ago, Sonya* said:
  1. What display template do you use? News, Documentation, Courses?
  2. Double-check that Page Includes are set.
  3. CKEditor plugin format installed?
  4. Do your subtitles use Heading 2 to Heading 4?

"Double-check that Page Includes are set."

This was it. Thanks a lot. Great addition and great plugin/app.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Sonya

Many thanks for your continued work on this app, it's really helping me out. I have some questions/bugs/suggestions for future updates, please:

Mobile Menu Closing on Every Click

The menu, when viewed in mobile mode, closes every time a user clicks on a menu item. Whether it is a link to a page or a category/dropdown link. It means that a user has to click the menu to open, then click a dropdown link (say, 'Games'), the menu will close so the user has to click the menu again to open, then click a page link within the opened 'Games' menu category to go to the page they like. Any chance of fixing this?

Small Typo

Underneath a page, if there is a previous/next link available, the word 'Previous' is typo'd. It says something like 'Previuos' 😄

Multi-Level Category in Menu?

The menu allows a user to open a category and see the pages inside that category level, but it doesn't show any sub-categories (either as a link to visit or as a nested dropdown to see further sub-pages). It gives the impression that there is nothing in the database beyond that top level. I know you probably don't want to add too many levels (and maybe this is a user-set option in Settings - "how many levels do you want to have in the menu?") but this may be worth thinking about?

Include Link to Category As Well As Dropdown in Menu

Do you think it might be possible to include a link to a category in the docs menu, as well as a way to open/dropdown the menu? At the moment, clicking a category in the docs menu only opens the category and shows pages inside. Perhaps if a user clicks the arrow, the category opens, and if you click the category text, you go straight to the category page instead?

TOC Header Tagging Issue

I have a problem with the way FXPages codes in the #TOC anchors via the JS script. I use a sticky navigation bar on my IPB install, and I use a lot of custom CSS across the site to compensate for anchors sitting behind the navbar (by adjusting the 'a' anchors' top margin and height). I can't seem to fix it for FXPages' anchors though, because rather than include an 'a' anchor before the H2 tag, like this:

<a id="toc1"></a>
  <h2>TOC Header Text</h2>

FXPages adds a "toc1" id within the H2 tag itself, which isn't helpful. Is there a chance you can change this behaviour so it works as above? It's the way IPB use to anchor posts on the forum, so it would keep things consistent.

Record Image Repositioning

This might not be possible, but I was thinking - the way FXPages handles record/hero images for a page is really cool. But is there a way that you can implement a 'reposition image' toggle so that if we upload an image that is bigger than the record image area, we can move the image around so it still looks good on the page?

1912097353_Screenshot2022-04-13at18_06_20.thumb.png.b8841f4e8cb965879af6f28798a5d389.png

Sort of like the above (sorry it's a terrible cut and paste job, but you get the idea)?

Thanks again for all your great work on this product! 🙂 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Sonya*, sorry one more thing I wanted to mention on top of the above. I'd like to be able to use the Mobile version of the Docs Menu when a user is viewing the page in Tablet view as well. At the moment, in Desktop and Tablet the Docs Menu is in full mode (fully expanded, desktop widget design), and the mobile style menu only appears in Mobile view.

I'm trying to modify this using CSS, but it doesn't look like it is possible. Any ideas?

I have suggestion for news. The cover image positioning or use of separated images. This is because the miniatures are OK but when we enter the news the cover image is often positioned not as intended (centered). Actually it is hard to prepare cover image that will display properly on miniature (news listing) and inside the news (news display) on different resolutions. This is why it is best to use different images or implement interactive positioning. Thanks.

Edited by PatrickRQ