OutOfRangeException: (0)

Hello guys,

I moved to a new host few days ago, with the previous host I was still on 4.4.6 due to server restrictions.

I installed a new version on the new host, moved files and converted all tables to Innobd.. few hours after install, I got the error below, I had reinstall again again and again (remove conf_global - reinstall - reupload conf_global).

OutOfRangeException:  (0)
#0 /home/****/public_html/system/Member/Member.php(779): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord::load(3)
#1 /home/****/public_html/system/Patterns/ActiveRecord.php(335): IPS\_Member->get_group()
#2 /home/****/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Standard.php(87): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord->__get('group')
#3 /home/****/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Admin.php(90): IPS\Dispatcher\_Standard::baseJs()
#4 /home/****/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(110): IPS\Dispatcher\_Admin->init()
#5 /home/****/public_html/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher::i()
#6 {main}

I did it 9 times, I'm tired already, I would love to know the cause and fix once and for all.

Thanks in advance!

2 minutes ago, Daniel F said:

Please don't reinstall the suite, there's no point in doing this!

Because when that happens I can't access anything anymore, no forum, no admin panel

2 minutes ago, Daniel F said:

Have you rebuild your cache?

I don't know how to do it without access to admin panel

47 minutes ago, SerialNoob said:

Hello guys,

I moved to a new host few days ago, with the previous host I was still on 4.4.6 due to server restrictions.

I installed a new version on the new host, moved files and converted all tables to Innobd.. few hours after install, I got the error below, I had reinstall again again and again (remove conf_global - reinstall - reupload conf_global).

#0 /home/****/public_html/system/Member/Member.php(779): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord::load(3)
#1 /home/****/public_html/system/Patterns/ActiveRecord.php(335): IPS\_Member->get_group()
#2 /home/****/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Standard.php(87): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord->__get('group')
#3 /home/****/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Admin.php(90): IPS\Dispatcher\_Standard::baseJs()
#4 /home/****/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(110): IPS\Dispatcher\_Admin->init()
#6 {main}

I did it 9 times, I'm tired already, I would love to know the cause and fix once and for all.

Thanks in advance!

Did you run the upgrader as well after you restored the database to the new server? Because you say that you installed the new version, but your forum 's database is at version 4.4.6. i.e. running the upgrader will bring the database up to date with the files.

Anyways, the correct way to do it is following the steps in guide provided above my @Marc Stridgen.

9 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

As mentioned by my colleague, you should not be reinstalling the software., If you are moving the site, you should be doing this in the manner described here. Its likely this is causing your issues

Ok, I'll start from scratch! RIP ^^

4 minutes ago, Miss_B said:

Did you run the upgrader as well after you restored the database to the new server?

Yes, I did!

I did exactly as explained here:

My forum is back but the support tool has listed a bunch of database queries to run all like these one:

UPDATE `ipbcore_modules` SET `sys_module_id`='' WHERE `sys_module_id` IS NULL;
UPDATE `ipbcore_modules` SET `sys_module_visible`=1 WHERE `sys_module_visible` IS NULL;
UPDATE `ipbcore_modules` SET `sys_module_position`=0 WHERE `sys_module_position` IS NULL;
ALTER TABLE `ipbcore_modules` CHANGE COLUMN `sys_module_id` `sys_module_id` MEDIUMINT (4) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT , CHANGE COLUMN `sys_module_protected` `sys_module_protected` TINYINT (1) UNSIGNED NULL DEFAULT 0 , CHANGE COLUMN `sys_module_visible` `sys_module_visible` TINYINT (1) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 1 , CHANGE COLUMN `sys_module_position` `sys_module_position` INT (5) NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 ;
UPDATE `ipbcore_applications` SET `app_id`='' WHERE `app_id` IS NULL;
UPDATE `ipbcore_applications` SET `app_long_version`=10000 WHERE `app_long_version` IS NULL;

I click "fix automatically" and I get this:

Incorrect key file for table 'ipbcore_rc_index'; try to repair it

I click "check again" and back to the looong list of queries.. endless loop ^^

From phpadmin, 'ipbcore_rc_index" is fine before I click on "fix automatically", once I click on "fix automatically", the table becomes corrupt

Heeeeeeeeeeelp pleaseee

20 minutes ago, SerialNoob said:
Incorrect key file for table 'ipbcore_rc_index'; try to repair it

This generally points to an issue with your MySQL server. Corruption, disk space issue, etc... Working with your hosting provider or server administrator is advised here.

7 minutes ago, SerialNoob said:

Could it be caused by incompatible MySQL versions?

Old host: MySQL 5.6.32-78.1

New host: MySQL 8.0.26

Not in what I have experienced. I would recommend contacting your hosting provider or server administrator for further assistance as this would be outside our scope of support. Additionally, I can move your topic here to our advanced hosting assistance forum if you would like peer to peer help?

1 minute ago, Jim M said:

I would recommend contacting your hosting provider or server administrator for further assistance

They asked me to upgrade my hosting plan ^^

1 minute ago, Jim M said:

Additionally, I can move your topic here to our advanced hosting assistance forum if you would like peer to peer help?

I wouldn't say no, thank you!

ALTER TABLE `ipbcore_rc_index` CHANGE COLUMN `id` `id` BIGINT (20) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT COMMENT 'ID Number', DROP INDEX `content_lookup`, CHANGE COLUMN `content_id` `content_id` BIGINT (20) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 COMMENT 'The ID number of the content that was reported.', ADD KEY `content_lookup` (`class`(171),`content_id`), CHANGE COLUMN `perm_id` `perm_id` BIGINT (29) UNSIGNED NULL COMMENT 'The ID number from the core_permission_index table which indicates who can view this report.', CHANGE COLUMN `num_reports` `num_reports` INT (10) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 1 COMMENT 'Number of reports received.', CHANGE COLUMN `num_comments` `num_comments` INT (10) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 COMMENT 'Number of comments moderators have made on this report.', CHANGE COLUMN `first_report_date` `first_report_date` INT (10) NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 COMMENT 'Unix timestamp of when the first report was submitted.', CHANGE COLUMN `last_updated` `last_updated` INT (10) NULL COMMENT 'Unix timestamp of the last time a comment or report was made (for read/unread marking)', CHANGE COLUMN `auto_moderation_exempt` `auto_moderation_exempt` INT (1) UNSIGNED NOT NULL ;Incorrect key file for table 'ipbcore_rc_index'; try to repair it

3 minutes ago, SerialNoob said:

They asked me to upgrade my hosting plan ^^

I wouldn't say no, thank you!

Moved this for you to our advanced self-hosting assistance forum. If you are unsure how to move forward or need to move forward faster, hiring a server administrator or upgrading your hosting package to obtain this support may be the best idea. 

5 minutes ago, Jim M said:

If you are unsure how to move forward or need to move forward faster, hiring a server administrator or upgrading your hosting package to obtain this support may be the best idea. 

Yes, in last resort.. we're just a small community, those would unreasonable costs. 

Something has changed after uninstalling few legacy apps:

ALTER TABLE `ipbcore_rc_index` CHANGE COLUMN `id` `id` BIGINT (20) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT COMMENT 'ID Number', DROP INDEX `content_lookup`, CHANGE COLUMN `content_id` `content_id` BIGINT (20) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 COMMENT 'The ID number of the content that was reported.', ADD KEY `content_lookup` (`class`(171),`content_id`), CHANGE COLUMN `perm_id` `perm_id` BIGINT (29) UNSIGNED NULL COMMENT 'The ID number from the core_permission_index table which indicates who can view this report.', CHANGE COLUMN `num_reports` `num_reports` INT (10) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 1 COMMENT 'Number of reports received.', CHANGE COLUMN `num_comments` `num_comments` INT (10) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 COMMENT 'Number of comments moderators have made on this report.', CHANGE COLUMN `first_report_date` `first_report_date` INT (10) NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 COMMENT 'Unix timestamp of when the first report was submitted.', CHANGE COLUMN `last_updated` `last_updated` INT (10) NULL COMMENT 'Unix timestamp of the last time a comment or report was made (for read/unread marking)', CHANGE COLUMN `auto_moderation_exempt` `auto_moderation_exempt` INT (1) UNSIGNED NOT NULL ;Incorrect key file for table 'ipbcore_rc_index'; try to repair it

Edited by SerialNoob

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2022 at 11:42 PM, Mark H said:

That error suggests you have a corrupted database table, which you or your host will need to repair using phpMyAdmin or command-line (SSH) tools such as the 'mysql' utility. Once it's been repaired, see if you still experience the error.

The table has been repaired, same error 

#6 {main}

OK, that's the original error you reported and which I may have overlooked.

But that's not the issue to which I replied. I was talking only about the error of a corrupted table, the query that had this at the end:

Incorrect key file for table 'ipbcore_rc_index';

But this text:

#6 {main}

at least suggests a second, and maybe unrelated, problem.

Can you please verify that the connection details in the Client Area are current and working, then reply here, and we can take a closer look at this for you.

4 minutes ago, Mark H said:

Can you please verify that the connection details in the Client Area are current and working, then reply here, and we can take a closer look at this for you.

Yes, current and working

4 minutes ago, Mark H said:

at least suggests a second, and maybe unrelated, problem.

It just happened again just before your reply..

Fixed by reinstalling :blush:  I know, Daniel said not to reinstall but that's the only way for me to make it go away.. cuz whenever it happens, I can't even access the admin panel.

I've just created a ticket for this and we'll correspond with you on that.

(But if you've reinstalled, we may have to wait until the same thing happens again; we'll almost certainly need to observe and diagnose while the problem is actively happening.)