(NE) Display my badges

This application will allow your users to display up to a configured number of their badges on the 'author pane' in a forum topic.

Admin settings include:

• Number of badges that are allowed to be displayed
  • Size at which the badge should be displayed (separate settings for Desktop and Phone)
  • Option to display a tooltip on the badge
  • Option to remove the 'Rare' tag from the badge

Screenshot_1.png.c4267b4ad349e0e447e690867795c41a.png

Edited by Nathan Explosion

v1.0.3 is currently pending approval

• FIXES
    • None
  • CHANGES
    • Switching of hard-coded language items to language strings
    • Changed title of "View badges" dialog box to indicate user's name as opposed to "My badges"
  • NEW
    • Added "Show recent badges (if none chosen)?" setting to allow display of badges for those who have not yet made a choice.
      • Option to override user's choice is provided in event that user chooses not to display any badges.
    • Added ability to switch the "View badges" dialog box to a custom template, which exposes the following controls:
      • Ability to show/hide a badge's description, if one exists.
      • Ability to show/hide a badge's earned information.
      • Ability to show/hide the 'Rare' tag on the badge.
  • 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

@RZaK - this is the support topic for the application.

I will add a language string for 'View Badges' in the next update I do, whenever that is. If you wish, you can manually change the hard-coded string by editing the app's front -> postbit -> myBadges template in your theme.

Thank you, i will wait for the next update !
P.S
This is a great plugin with great potential.
as a suggestion I can offer the following...
1. option to hide view badges (users have access to this menu anyway )
2. the ability to change the view badges text and set it above the icons instead of below them.

Thank you for u work !

2 minutes ago, RZaK said:

1. option to hide view badges (users have access to this menu anyway )
2. the ability to change the view badges text and set it above the icons instead of below them.

You are free to manually change the mentioned template yourself to make those modifications, but I won't be building settings in to handle it.

Conclude what you want - do you want me to refund your purchase of the application, seeing as you don't like my decision? More than happy to do so.

Ignore that - decision made for you. I would prefer if you uninstalled the resource, but I have  no control over that so you can do whatever you want with that aspect.

Edited by Nathan Explosion
  • 1 month later...

v1.1.0 is pending approval

• NEW
    • Achievements rule added
      • When member updates account settings and chooses badges to be displayed
      • Filters provided to target users via primary and/or secondary group, if desired.
    • Webhook added
      • Fired when member updates account settings
      • Payload includes:
        • action (either badges_chosen or no_badges_chosen)
        • badges (array of chosen badges, or empty if none chosen)
        • member (\IPS\Member)
  • FIXES
    • None
  • CHANGES
    • None
  • 5 months later...

Two quick questions. I just installed this and set it to have 4 badges displayed, however, there's a tiny bit of space in between each image. Is there a way to make them sit right against each other? And secondly, is there a way to hide the "View Badges" text under the badges in the user info panel/postbit? I don't use the badges the way a lot of other forums do so it's not something that's necessary for my site. 

Thanks!

37 minutes ago, jinnie said:

there's a tiny bit of space in between each image. Is there a way to make them sit right against each other?

In your theme, add this to your custom.css and experiment with the minus figure to your liking:

div.neappMyBadges_wrapper > span.ipsPos_relative{
  margin-right:-1px;
}

37 minutes ago, jinnie said:

And secondly, is there a way to hide the "View Badges" text under the badges in the user info panel/postbit?

In your theme, edit the following templates: neappmybadges -> front -> postbit -> myBadges and neappmybadges -> front -> postbit -> noBadgesChosen, and remove the following:

<a href="{url="app=core&module=members&controller=profile&id={$member->member_id}&do=badges" seoTemplate="profile_badges" seoTitle="$member->members_seo_name"}" data-action="badgeLog" title="{lang="members_badges" sprintf="$member->name"}" class="ipsType_blendLinks" data-ipsDialog="" data-ipsDialog-title="{lang="members_badges" sprintf="$member->name"}" data-ipsDialog-size="{$dialogSize}" data-ipsDialog-forceReload="true" data-ipstooltip>{lang='neapp_mybadges_view_badges'}</a>

To do the same on mobile, edit the following templates: neappmybadges -> front -> postbit -> myBadgesPhone and neappmybadges -> front -> postbit -> noBadgesPhone, and remove the following lines:

<a href="{url="app=core&module=members&controller=profile&id={$member->member_id}&do=badges" seoTemplate="profile_badges" seoTitle="$member->members_seo_name"}" data-action="badgeLog" title="{lang="members_badges" sprintf="$member->name"}" class="ipsType_blendLinks" data-ipsDialog="" data-ipsDialog-title="{lang="members_badges" sprintf="$member->name"}" data-ipsDialog-size="medium" data-ipsDialog-forceReload="true" data-ipstooltip>

and

</a>