(NE) Display my badges

2 hours ago, Nathan Explosion said:

In your theme, add this to your custom.css and experiment with the minus figure to your liking:

div.neappMyBadges_wrapper > span.ipsPos_relative{
  margin-right:-1px;
}

In your theme, edit the following templates: neappmybadges -> front -> postbit -> myBadges and neappmybadges -> front -> postbit -> noBadgesChosen, and remove the following:

<a href="{url="app=core&module=members&controller=profile&id={$member->member_id}&do=badges" seoTemplate="profile_badges" seoTitle="$member->members_seo_name"}" data-action="badgeLog" title="{lang="members_badges" sprintf="$member->name"}" class="ipsType_blendLinks" data-ipsDialog="" data-ipsDialog-title="{lang="members_badges" sprintf="$member->name"}" data-ipsDialog-size="{$dialogSize}" data-ipsDialog-forceReload="true" data-ipstooltip>{lang='neapp_mybadges_view_badges'}</a>

To do the same on mobile, edit the following templates: neappmybadges -> front -> postbit -> myBadgesPhone and neappmybadges -> front -> postbit -> noBadgesPhone, and remove the following lines:

<a href="{url="app=core&module=members&controller=profile&id={$member->member_id}&do=badges" seoTemplate="profile_badges" seoTitle="$member->members_seo_name"}" data-action="badgeLog" title="{lang="members_badges" sprintf="$member->name"}" class="ipsType_blendLinks" data-ipsDialog="" data-ipsDialog-title="{lang="members_badges" sprintf="$member->name"}" data-ipsDialog-size="medium" data-ipsDialog-forceReload="true" data-ipstooltip>

and

</a>

Thanks so much for the quick response and for your help!

• 4 weeks later...

v1.2.0 is currently pending approval

• FIXES
    • Fixed issue where a member's badge choice is returned as NULL and potentially triggers a template error dependent on application settings (see note below)
  • CHANGES
    • Display of badges in postbit now excludes multiples of the same badge (see note below)
    • Minor language updates
  • NEW
    • Added a setting to allow easy removal of the 'View badges' link in the postbit
    • In account settings, list of available badge choices is order by chosen then unchosen, as opposed to previously being in badge order

Note: referenced fixes/changes are made at template level - if you have modified any of the application's 4 template files then you should revert the changes to pick up the modifications.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok - so the theme likely hasn't got the hook point in it. Not much I can do about that, but happy to take a look to provide you guidance on what the developer may have changed to cause that.

Link to site please, along with the name of the theme - if the theme is not accessible to guests, please provide me with login credentials to the site.

Edited by Nathan Explosion
1 hour ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Ok - so the theme likely hasn't got the hook point in it. Not much I can do about that, but happy to take a look to provide you guidance on what the developer may have changed to cause that.

Link to site please, along with the name of the theme - if the theme is not accessible to guests, please provide me with login credentials to the site.

It's https://www.thetarotforum.com/ on the default theme of Tarot, Tea, & Me

If you know the hook I am sure I can figure out where to place it (maybe)! 

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, Chris59 said:

I want to suggest to show badges in signature area

I'll think about it next time I am looking at the app but...

3 minutes ago, Chris59 said:

Manually awarded badges?

Pardon?

4 minutes ago, Chris59 said:

Ability to choose size on badges in that area

Ability for whom?

If the admin then a setting alredy exists to control the size of the badges displayed.

If the user then I will not be putting in a user control.

• 1 month later...

Hi @Nathan Explosion, love this feature, fantastic update and more interactive than the standard content items available to show in the profile in and around your website.

Quick question after configuration and a silly one at that....where do I see them on mobile view? Guessing I might be looking in the wrong place when reading a forum post but they don't show anywhere on the threads?

Thanks in advance!

Could contain: Mobile Phone, Phone, Electronics, Text, File

Edited by GazzaGarratt
screenshot made smaller

This is where you would expect to see them on the default theme, assuming you haven't turned the 'Display badges on phones?' setting off.

As it's clear that you're using a customised theme, it's possible that the hook point used in my application probably doesn't exist in your theme, or has been used by something else (such as the display of the reputation score it appears you have there)

Could contain: Text, File

Ahh thats really helpful @Nathan Explosion!

Yes, just checked the default IPS theme and they're showing there - also turned off reputation and checked our theme to see if that would then make them pop but as you say, the hook point doesn't seem to be there.

Is this something I have to do myself or do I ask @aXenDev who is the theme creator? (Its Fluent Design Theme Edition 4.2.4 currently being used).

Thanks both for any help you can give to get them working on the mobile view! 🙂

• 5 weeks later...

Well first of all, badges won't appear under posts...they will appear in the author pane to the left of a post.

If you need assistance, post your settings (ACP) and a link to a topic on your site (which contains posts from someone who has badges) and we go from there when I wake up later today.

52 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Well first of all, badges won't appear under posts...they will appear in the author pane to the left of a post.

If you need assistance, post your settings (ACP) and a link to a topic on your site (which contains posts from someone who has badges) and we go from there when I wake up later today.

https://www.newtrl.net/forums/topic/120-iconic-mv

Everyone has at least one badge yet none are shown.

Settings:

Badges allowed: 16

Show recent badges (if none chosen)? Enabled

Override user's choice? Disabled

Badge size: 4

Display on phone? Enabled

Size on phones? 2

Show tooltip? Enabled