Is there a way to remove posted by date from a forum or pos?

Go to solution Solved by Jim M,

Hello if anyone could help that would be great.  I am wondering if for certain post or forums if I can remove the Posted date.  Some of my content is course material and although it's evergreen, the date makes it feel like it's out of date content even though it doesn't change.

I did some searching through the forums but didn't find any question like this.

Thanks in advance.

Date removal 1.png

Date removal 2.png

The dates appear in so many places and you would have to code in conditions at every place. I don’t think it’s worth it. It will be really messy and hard to maintain. 

There is an app on the Marketplace to update post dates: https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/8684-change-post-date/

Personally, I don’t see a problem with the way it already is. Hiding the dates could cause more harm than good because it can cause suspicion. 

Edited by opentype

• Solution
40 minutes ago, Jason Brown_41238 said:

@Mark H thanks for your reply.  I'm assuming if I travel down this road and remove it from the theme it will remove it from all forums and post? and not just from specific ones?

It would replace the specific date in that spot for all forum posts but as @opentype states:

12 minutes ago, opentype said:

The dates appear in so many places and you would have to code in conditions at every place. I don’t think it’s worth it. It will be really messy and hard to maintain. 

There is an app on the Marketplace to update post dates: https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/8684-change-post-date/

Personally, I don’t see a problem with the way it already is. Hiding the dates could cause more harm than good because it can cause suspicion. 

There are countless dates throughout our software so to completely remove all dates here, would require a lot of editing of themes. Another drawback, that would be worth mentioning, is that if an upgrade of our software touches one of those templates in the theme which were modified, you would need to manually update those templates. One of those things which need to weigh the pros/cons of a decision.

1 hour ago, Jason Brown_41238 said:

@Mark H thanks for your reply.  I'm assuming if I travel down this road and remove it from the theme it will remove it from all forums and post? and not just from specific ones?

Yes, but you can also remove it from individual topics with template conditions.

I have to ask out of curiosity, is there any particular reason as to why you want to do that btw?

Edited by Miss_B

Thank you all so much for your insights.  Yes even though we update the videos in the post to be new, the post date gives it the appearance and feel as if someone just signed up for old content that's all.  So far it seems not worth the headache, but the plugin @opentype mentioned may be a viable option so that we can show which post/modules were updated a the very minimum.