Countdown Timer [Support Topic]

Countdown Timer is a plugin that give community's admins or moderators the ability to create unlimited block/widgets of countdown timer with customization options, add text, notes and permission to view for groups for each widget. Countdown Timer also have a plugin side setting, which can be use for adding a global countdown timer for across community. this specific block can be place in Top header, top of the main body or sidebar as a global place in all pages of IPS community.

countdown.gif.b224f19285cae985bff3df3761385aa6.gif

Please Use this topic for support requests and ideas.

Hello, I am glad you created this.  I can use the widget to enter a countdown, but when I use the plugins capability, it build s the countdown but no clock feature (Time and date entered, but nothing counting down).

image.png.61d4630d26dada6d0c8f3ceb6708ae83.png

My widget is just fine:

image.png.73c8f6a7f0af5cd28936566e846e31df.png

I must be missing something.  Thank you.

3 hours ago, BradTBP said:

Hello, I am glad you created this.  I can use the widget to enter a countdown, but when I use the plugins capability, it build s the countdown but no clock feature (Time and date entered, but nothing counting down).

image.png.61d4630d26dada6d0c8f3ceb6708ae83.png

My widget is just fine:

image.png.73c8f6a7f0af5cd28936566e846e31df.png

I must be missing something.  Thank you.

2 hours ago, BradTBP said:

Odd that the same good rendering above looks like this on mobile:

82030990-A38B-4354-8D18-04A1EA74D933.thumb.png.a0c49ced18560b03620c0cad713aa21e.png

Hi,

I have tried this but I can't confirm the issues.

Capture.PNG.aefa1810c1343988251c123ba7764f94.PNG

Also mobile.

Capture1.PNG.9fd01b5e3e63799506b8b83be61447f4.PNG

Could you send me a link to this page? either here or in PM would be fine.

Edited by shahed
8 hours ago, BradTBP said:

I have it in the sidebar at TheBullsPen.com.

That is where the days are not counting down on web, but is on mobile (safari).

The widget is mid main page and working on web, but has the NAN in days/hours/minutes/seconds fields on mobile (safari).

Thank you.

Well this is a odd scenario. when I checked your website, countdown worked just fine in my browser and I  tried to capture that, but at the middle when I refresh the page, it didn't show and next refresh it is there again!

eeerrr.gif.0e0107686e1717272ffdf61403a02ef7.gif

Anyway, based on error log (and by the way your website unfortunately have unhealthy number of that) I think I know where the problem is. Will be fix in next version. 👍

this is a great idea.

any chance that a   feature could be written in so that timers can be set for individual members.

On our forum we help individuals sue companies - lots of them.  there are many Court procedure deadlines to be met - 14 days, 28 days and so forth.

Being able to set countdown timers at the top of someone's topic thread would be extremely useful and also very popular.  Or else introducing it into their signature or into their profile at the side of each post. Or a choice from all of those three.

12 hours ago, BankFodder said:

this is a great idea.

any chance that a   feature could be written in so that timers can be set for individual members.

On our forum we help individuals sue companies - lots of them.  there are many Court procedure deadlines to be met - 14 days, 28 days and so forth.

Being able to set countdown timers at the top of someone's topic thread would be extremely useful and also very popular.  Or else introducing it into their signature or into their profile at the side of each post. Or a choice from all of those three.

Hi,

Permission setting for display a widget to individual members seems interesting. can't promises anything but let me see what I can do.

---

Also if you only want to add a countdown widget in a specific topic or anywhere else, I think this third party resource could help. though I'm not sure and you may ask with it's developer first.

Thanks for this reply.

I'm afraid that I don't think that I expressed my suggestion clearly enough.

What I meant to suggest was that an individual user could trigger a countdown timer which would be visible to everybody else who visited the topic.

The timer could be started or modified by the the particular owner of the topic or else one of the site team.

The timer could also no carry a description of what it related to.

I suppose it would be a nice touch if the user could choose to make the timer visible or not visible to the rest of the the forum members  except of course the site team

Edited by BankFodder
7 hours ago, BankFodder said:

Thanks for this reply.

I'm afraid that I don't think that I expressed my suggestion clearly enough.

What I meant to suggest was that an individual user could trigger a countdown timer which would be visible to everybody else who visited the topic.

The timer could be started or modified by the the particular owner of the topic or else one of the site team.

The timer could also no carry a description of what it related to.

I suppose it would be a nice touch if the user could choose to make the timer visible or not visible to the rest of the the forum members  except of course the site team

I see. thanks for clarification. what you want is actually tricky, and not sure it's even possible, considering widgets can be edit only when Block Manager is open and that section are only accessible to admin/moderator. so again can't promises anything but let me see what I can do.

And while I'm at it, here are some embellishments:

• There would be a countdown clock - but also the target date and time.
  • The clock would change colour as the deadline approached
  • There could be settings to send automatic email notifications at user-configured intervals before the expiry of the countdown deadline.
  • Other users who were interested could also request countdown notifications from the same timer.
  • The notification would include a link direct to the topic in question.
  • The notification email itself would contain the countdown timer as well.
  • The notification could contain a message configured by each user - such as a link to an ebay auction which is about to end, or a programme which needs to be recorded - or, of course a link to a court's website so that the user can apply for a judgment or file a defence before a certain cut-off date.
  • The notification email could also carry wording configured by admin in the admincp.
Edited by BankFodder
6 hours ago, BankFodder said:

Thanks.  I suddenly realised that I was asking for something very different which is why I thought it better to let you know before you spent lots of time on it.

Hahaha 😀 that is very nice of you my friend.

But you're not wrong. working on all of this really is not all about countdown plugin, and it is very well should be done in a different plugin/application. my suggestion is put all of these idea together and post it in Request forum.

Edited by shahed
  • 5 months later...

Hi, this plugin can set action after deadline? for example, a video able to see after deadline, a topic able to see after deadline, enable a product to sell after deadline, enable a topic can be reply after deadline...just try to exploring the posibility of use case.

13 hours ago, kmk said:

Hi, this plugin can set action after deadline? for example, a video able to see after deadline, a topic able to see after deadline, enable a product to sell after deadline, enable a topic can be reply after deadline...just try to exploring the posibility of use case.

Hello,

After deadline, I'm afraid as of now it is possible to just display a custom message and that is all about it for now.

Edited by shahed
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, shahed said:

Design, is responsive. so it adapt to different display sizes.

Could contain: Person, Human, Poster, Advertisement

Could contain: Text, Mobile Phone, Electronics, Phone, Cell Phone, Person, Human

Could contain: Screen, Electronics, Monitor, Display, Text, File

Could i locate the timer at the top of the page on mobile?
I am asking because generally, all widgets are at the bottom on mobile, and nobody sees them.

55 minutes ago, LiveG said:

Could i locate the timer at the top of the page on mobile?
I am asking because generally, all widgets are at the bottom on mobile, and nobody sees them.

You can place widget at the top of your page, like this and will be at top in desktop/mobile:

Could contain: File, Webpage, Text

In general, every widgets at sidebar automatically will place at bottom of the page in mobile view. you can add this css class in your custom.css so widgets gonna be shown first in mobile. works with default IPS theme last time i checked:

@media screen and (max-width: 767px) {
	#ipsLayout_contentWrapper {
	  display: flex;
	  flex-flow: column-reverse;
	}
}