Jump to content

Countdown Timer [Support Topic]


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, shahed said:

In general, every widgets at sidebar automatically will place at bottom of the page in mobile view. you can add this css class in your custom.css so widgets gonna be shown first in mobile. works with default IPS theme last time i checked:

There's a theme setting for this - Left on desktop = top on mobile

Could contain: Text, Page

Link to comment
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Jason Brown_41238 said:

Hi I just purchased, I am not sure where to access the global settings?  Can someone please advise?

Hello,

Two way to use this plugin. first is a global setting in ACP > System > Site Features > Plugins // you can click on pen button for the settings. it gives an option to make a countdown section in one of the 3 areas. this countdown will be display everywhere in the website.

Could contain: Text, Light

 

Second way is by Block Manager feature. it is possible to make unlimited number of countdown boxes in your selected pages.

spacer.png

Link to comment
On 11/20/2022 at 11:07 PM, shahed said:

Hello,

Two way to use this plugin. first is a global setting in ACP > System > Site Features > Plugins // you can click on pen button for the settings. it gives an option to make a countdown section in one of the 3 areas. this countdown will be display everywhere in the website.

Could contain: Text, Light

 

Second way is by Block Manager feature. it is possible to make unlimited number of countdown boxes in your selected pages.

spacer.png

Thanks so much,  I found it.  Like @PatrickRQ is there a way to set it to use the editor?  Otherwise I'm not sure how we would use HTML functionality, like if I want an image, or link people can click?

It says it's supports html, but is there a way to do it on screen and not go somewhere and write the code and come back and copy and paste?

Link to comment
14 hours ago, PatrickRQ said:

Hi,

Thanks for the plugin. Can you set the countdown description to use editor instead text filed?

It also would be nice to be able to set custom background image/style, e.g. border for the countdown area.

Hello,

I'm afraid not. using full editor/image upload in plugin resource type is proved to be complicated compared to developing resource as app or theme.

 

4 hours ago, Jason Brown_41238 said:

Thanks so much,  I found it.  Like @PatrickRQ is there a way to set it to use the editor?  Otherwise I'm not sure how we would use HTML functionality, like if I want an image, or link people can click?

It says it's supports html, but is there a way to do it on screen and not go somewhere and write the code and come back and copy and paste?

Sure. like i said, if it was app or theme, it would be easy but countdown widget is developed as plugin and I'm afraid this type of resources have their own limitation and difficulties for ease of development.

So at least for now still using HTML text area for this.

Link to comment
17 hours ago, PatrickRQ said:

@shahed, I have other plugin for sidebar widget and it has editor available 🙂 In general I am OK with pure HTML input, however, editor would simplify things.

Sure. i didn't said impossible, just this one proved to be complicated in plugins compared to developing it on app or theme. I might add in future updates.

Link to comment
  • 6 months later...

@shahed

Hey, not sure if this is possible:

I discovered a "flaw" about this plugin, so, members on my forum are from different countries and time zone of course. If I set a countdown, for example, 3PM August 2nd.

Now the problem is (I just saw it today), while the countdown shows 9 hours left on my screen, the member from different time zone said that the countdown is only 4 hours left.

So, I'm guessing, the countdown is based on members' local time zone.

Can this be fixed? Thanks.

Link to comment
14 hours ago, SUBRTX said:

@shahed

Hey, not sure if this is possible:

I discovered a "flaw" about this plugin, so, members on my forum are from different countries and time zone of course. If I set a countdown, for example, 3PM August 2nd.

Now the problem is (I just saw it today), while the countdown shows 9 hours left on my screen, the member from different time zone said that the countdown is only 4 hours left.

So, I'm guessing, the countdown is based on members' local time zone.

Can this be fixed? Thanks.

Hello,

Yes that is how plugin works. when you set a date and countdown begins, users from different time zones may reach it sooner or later than you, so time will adjust for them.

Link to comment
  • 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, SUBRTX said:

@shahed Hello, just upgraded today, I don't have issue on front end, but I see some error log in acp, do I need to worry?

 

Could contain: Page, Text, Computer, Electronics, Pc, Computer Hardware, Hardware, Monitor, Screen

DateTimeZone::__construct(): Unknown or bad timezone ()

Could contain: TextCould contain: Text

Hello there,

This isn't error but type of system log and expected, so no need to worry. widgets now support two different mode for time zone (automatic/manual). as of this version, this log is recorded before the widget configuration, more specifically before choosing the timezone mode and save the settings. 👍

Link to comment

Nice upgrade. Thanks.

A couple of issues.

  • The title font size does not seem to work.
  • The padding is 0 on the default style. I can custom CSS it to fix it.
  • Links in text are not affected by the change in text color

If I see anything else, I'll report back.

Link to comment
21 hours ago, Giray said:

Nice upgrade. Thanks.

A couple of issues.

  • The title font size does not seem to work.
  • The padding is 0 on the default style. I can custom CSS it to fix it.
  • Links in text are not affected by the change in text color

If I see anything else, I'll report back.

Thanks for bringing to my attention.

I can confirm padding issue and custom text color for title in Plugin settings (for general timer block) however i can't confirm these for widgets and settings have intended effects. also links in text for both (plugin/widgets) is not affects by custom text color and i have idea for it. in any case, these issues along this report are going to be fix for next update. 👍

Link to comment
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...