Commerce Support: Auto reject messages from one address?

We're having some trouble with spam support requests (using the Commerce Support ticket) coming from certain e-mail addresses. Is there a way to block all messages immediately from certain addresses? Thanks in advance for help!

EDIT: This did not work.

Think I found the answer!

AdminCP > Commerce > Support > Settings, then click on "Incoming Email". Scroll down and click "+ Add Filter". Then, fill it out like this (inserting the e-mail address used by the spammer.

image.thumb.png.abeda304be0357b0c2b2ebd7e32444d8.png

Edited by usmf

3 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Support module cannot be used by guests so it's a member? Wouldn't be easier to ban the email address domain?

I don't have Commerce to check this, but does the Contact Us form have an option to send submitted items to Commerce as support requests? They could be coming via that route, if so.

On 7/11/2021 at 10:59 PM, usmf said:

EDIT: This did not work.

Think I found the answer!

AdminCP > Commerce > Support > Settings, then click on "Incoming Email". Scroll down and click "+ Add Filter". Then, fill it out like this (inserting the e-mail address used by the spammer.

image.thumb.png.abeda304be0357b0c2b2ebd7e32444d8.png

I would suggest opening a support ticket if this did not work.  In *theory* this actually should be the solution and it should work.  If tickets are still being created despite being set to be ignored, there could potentially be a bug.  

28 minutes ago, Randy Calvert said:

I would suggest opening a support ticket if this did not work.  In *theory* this actually should be the solution and it should work.  If tickets are still being created despite being set to be ignored, there could potentially be a bug.  

Thanks! I was thinking about that, because Guests are allowed to use this -- as it's the only contact method available to non-members -- which means that any member who has issues and gets locked out of their account also has to come in this way.

1 minute ago, Adriano Faria said:

Then the problem is the Contact Us. You should have said that in the first post. 

This should do the job:

I will look at that, but the problem is in the Commerce support ticket system. I am trying to filter a certain e-mail address, and it's not working. That's the issue here -- the e-mail address filter doesn't work. We have to have a contact us link on the front page that is accessible to anyone (registered user or not), but there should be a filter system in place.

Currently, we don't have the option of directing "contact us" messages to an e-mail address. Working on getting that fixed. So, all "contact us" messages have to go through the Commerce support ticket system. There is a filter system apparently in place there, but that's what is not working right now.

Posting the answer on this, just in case someone else has this problem.

The response to the support ticket was:

The only current spam mitigation we have on the contact form is the CAPTCHA. You can try a different CAPTCHA if you think bots are getting past the current CAPTCHA you're using.

So, there is no way to filter e-mail addresses.

On 7/16/2021 at 1:25 AM, usmf said:

Posting the answer on this, just in case someone else has this problem.

The response to the support ticket was:

The only current spam mitigation we have on the contact form is the CAPTCHA. You can try a different CAPTCHA if you think bots are getting past the current CAPTCHA you're using.

So, there is no way to filter e-mail addresses.

Do you have CPanel or something similar where you can create inbound email filters?

We have had to do this a few times ourselves, and we just use the email filter in CPanel to bounce/discard any messages which are sent to the email account we use for Commerce.