Product license keys to redeem through commerce

6ichem

2 minutes ago, 6ichem said:

Yea but where am I able to generate keys to give out and stuff?

I think that happens when someone purchases the product. There are not pre-generated keys.

You can generate an invoice and mark a product as purchased if you'd like to get one outside of the normal self-serve checkout process.

You can

• Create a product which issues a license key
  • Generate an invoice for a user for that product
  • Give the user account credit, mark the invoice as paid, or add a negative value adjustment to the invoice so that $0 is due.

In this case, the user will then have an instance of that product "purchased", and an associated license key.

3 hours ago, bfarber said:

You can

• Create a product which issues a license key
  • Generate an invoice for a user for that product
  • Give the user account credit, mark the invoice as paid, or add a negative value adjustment to the invoice so that $0 is due.

In this case, the user will then have an instance of that product "purchased", and an associated license key.

A product's license key is only generated when someone purchased and it's only generated for that user, where would the user redeem that anyways?

I know about the invoice trick and I didn't know it was possible to add credits to an account and use that to purchase with the store if that's what you mean, how do you enable that feautre?

22 hours ago, 6ichem said:

A product's license key is only generated when someone purchased and it's only generated for that user, where would the user redeem that anyways?

I'm not sure I follow. There is no "redemption" for the license key. You would use the license key API to validate the license key externally.

Perhaps it would be helpful to know more about what you are trying to accomplish? For what/how are you using the license key?

22 hours ago, 6ichem said:

I know about the invoice trick and I didn't know it was possible to add credits to an account and use that to purchase with the store if that's what you mean, how do you enable that feautre?

You edit the user in the AdminCP and adjust their account credit.

image.png

17 hours ago, bfarber said:

I'm not sure I follow. There is no "redemption" for the license key. You would use the license key API to validate the license key externally.

Perhaps it would be helpful to know more about what you are trying to accomplish? For what/how are you using the license key?

You edit the user in the AdminCP and adjust their account credit.

image.png

Per example I have a product that costs $50 - I wanna give people license key that they redeem on site and they get that product. 

Sell the product for $50 and allow the license key to be generated.

On your site (I assume this is outside of Invision Community), you then use the license key API I pointed to in order to validate the license key that the user provides. You would have a form where the user inputs the license key, that form would call to our API and verify the key is valid, then you would do whatever you need to do once verified.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2021 at 2:29 PM, bfarber said:

Sell the product for $50 and allow the license key to be generated.

On your site (I assume this is outside of Invision Community), you then use the license key API I pointed to in order to validate the license key that the user provides. You would have a form where the user inputs the license key, that form would call to our API and verify the key is valid, then you would do whatever you need to do once verified.

I've seen other forums where they have domain.com/forums/redeem and there's a page to redeem keys and that does not seem to be a plugin, I'm looking to achieve that

/redeem is for gift card redemption (by default at /store/redeem). You can issue a gift card, which is not a license key. That gift card can then be used for a fixed dollar amount purchase, just as you might use a gift card for $20 for a typical store.

You can look into changing the fURL if needed.

As an example, here's the address on here: https://invisioncommunity.com/store/redeem

Reading your replies, I wonder if you are also asking about coupons? A coupon is a "code" you could give to a select few to save a percentage off.  Allowing you to have a sale price but only to those who know the coupon code.  Those too are also not serials.  I do not think the system supports coupons (unless I missed something).

On 2/26/2021 at 3:32 PM, Paul E. said:

Yes, there are coupon codes in Commerce.

Here is the documentation for gift cards:

Wasn’t talking about coupons. Gift cards seem to be the thing but where can I see the gift card codes so I can give them out or something? 

• 3 months later...