Can't login to app

TheJackal84

Not sure if this is related, or should be sent in for feedback, but having login issues on iOS as well.

@bfarber, is the bug report you're investigating on the Communities app?

I've been trying to login to my community on the new Communities app but haven't been able to all day.

I get the generic "Invalid Redirection URI Error Code: 2S361/2" error repeatedly.

IMG_95529C096787-1.thumb.jpeg.bade423f5acba5c3373be5fbea28141e.jpeg

Edited by SF_Ronin

9 minutes ago, Nicholas Cole said:

My community has been approved for the mobile app, but which app should I download.  The icon in the ACP links to Test Flight the Apple Store, which is fine but I don't have a developer invite to use it..  

confused..  

You're not alone! Took me awhile to figure out what the app was even called or where the "hidden" setting must be on the regular IPS app. The instructions should really be posted somewhere.

1. Download Test Flight on your device.
  2. Copy the App Store Download URL from your ACP->Dashboard->Mobile App-> Settings section.
  3. Send (text, email, messenger) that URL to your phone.
  4. Open the URL and it should automatically bring open the Test Flight app and an option to download IPS Communities App.

Here is the link if others need it. I'm guessing it's OK to share in this forum as this is a client only section:

https://testflight.apple.com/join/bzsWOXFO

@bfarber Could we consider adding a few instructions to the "Your Community Mobile App Has Been Approved" email?

Edited by SF_Ronin
Clarify Directions

17 minutes ago, SF_Ronin said:

You're not alone! Took me awhile to figure out what the app was even called or where the "hidden" setting must be on the regular IPS app. The instructions should really be posted somewhere.

1. Download Test Flight on your device.
  2. Copy the App Store Download URL from your ACP->Dashboard->Mobile App-> Settings section.
  3. Send (text, email, messenger) that URL to your phone.
  4. Open the URL and it should automatically bring open the Test Flight app and an option to download IPS Communities App.

Here is the link if others need it. I'm guessing it's OK to share in this forum as this is a client only section:

https://testflight.apple.com/join/bzsWOXFO

@bfarber Could we consider adding a few instructions to the "Your Community Mobile App Has Been Approved" email?

You're an absolute star, thank you very much - I'd never have figured that out!! 

so, after a very helpful guide from @SF_Ronin I’ve managed to get my community up and running and logged in fine.  I’m on IOS 

It’s a bit buggy, I can’t access forum threads from the main list, I receive an error and the app closes and returns to the main list of my communities.  I can access topics and threads from the featured items on the home page though.

Commerce appears to work as do subscriptions and custom built pages.  

Looks smart, haven’t tested notifications though.  

9E13F27F-C49D-4DE3-B15F-F6274AE3D553.thumb.png.7a236bac8b8c323c399aa45aa5afcbb1.png

833BFC97-6DBC-44D1-ABDE-CF5B76E44192.thumb.png.007ac66498e94448a080dc39d1efd340.png

Update: mobile notifications don’t appear to be working.  

Edited by Nicholas Cole

On 9/2/2020 at 6:28 PM, Rikki said:

Apologies for the problems. I was finally able to diagnose the cause of the login issues, but unfortunately they cannot be fixed until 4.5.2 (and new app builds). That should be available in the next few days. That will solve both the failed logins and the 'invalid redirection uri' error.

still existing..

Apologies again! Update your app to get the latest build and things should be good now. At the time of this post, the app was approved in the Play Store but still pending review in the iOS App Store, but should be available soon. Note that in both stores it's still in the beta process (Beta in the Play Store, TestFlight in the iOS App Store) so you won't see it unless you specifically opt in to the beta.

16 minutes ago, Gowtham said:

Any information on white label app support?

Only information about the multi-communities app is currently available.  To stay up to date on further news, be sure to check out the Invision Blog where future news will be posted.  

The team is excited to continue development on the mobile app and iron out all of the bugs.