Why aren't posts numbered within a thread?

RocketStang

49 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

No one ever said it was a performance issue:

Actually they did:

59 minutes ago, Stuart Silvester said:

This was a resource intensive function, changing how this worked gave a significant performance improvement for all customers, like a really impactful performance improvement.

Edited by BankFodder

The numbering of posts could be replaced with a more prominent way of linking to that post. Most of users are not well versed in forums in general, so they don't know that they need to click on the "three dots" and then on "Share" to get a link to a post. I belive a small "link" icon there could facilitate users learning how to link to individual posts.

11 minutes ago, Gabriel Torres said:

The numbering of posts could be replaced with a more prominent way of linking to that post. Most of users are not well versed in forums in general, so they don't know that they need to click on the "three dots" and then on "Share" to get a link to a post. I belive a small "link" icon there could facilitate users learning how to link to individual posts.

This idea has good merit.

15 minutes ago, Gabriel Torres said:

The date is also linked to the post.