Member Map

Stuart,

So the contents inside are the public and admin folders, do i upload both of those? Or do I keep opening those up?

you upload both the admin and public folders to your host. Once they are uploaded you should be able to go into "manage hooks and applications in your control panel for ipb and install the app.

Stoo2000,

Any help on loading my Google Maps API Key? I have the page open on google where it shows my API key in a box, then below has 3 different samples of map; Java, Flash and HTTP. Which one do I use for this?

Then I have to set the sensor parameter? What does this mean?

Sorry, I m a real noobie and it can be a little confusing not knowing this type of stuff.

Im getting this error: Fatal error: Call to a member function mapTemplate() on a non-object in /home/twentysi/public_html/admin/applications_addon/other/membermap/modules_public/membermap/map.php on line 318

Stoo2000,

Any help on loading my Google Maps API Key? I have the page open on google where it shows my API key in a box, then below has 3 different samples of map; Java, Flash and HTTP. Which one do I use for this?

Then I have to set the sensor parameter? What does this mean?

Sorry, I m a real noobie and it can be a little confusing not knowing this type of stuff.

Im getting this error: Fatal error: Call to a member function mapTemplate() on a non-object in /home/twentysi/public_html/admin/applications_addon/other/membermap/modules_public/membermap/map.php on line 318

There is a link on the settings page to the exact page you need to get the API key from (http://code.google.com/apis/maps/signup.html )

For the template issue try this:

under 'Rebuild Master Skin Data'

Check 'IP.Board Member Map' and the Rebuild HTML box.

Click Rebuild.

And then finally, recache your skin sets.

Thanks

Stuart

Stoo2000

I have the key: ABQIAAAAYET4Ot6hNf5nn0mXuE1KbBRnfGe34vJuF95OmlxYBx_82rz4chSIx4pe6T73nlqMwPK2Zpz9k1uvMg

And this is the java key:

<script src="http://maps.google.com/maps?file=api&amp;v=2&amp;sensor=true_or_false&amp;key=ABQIAAAAYET4Ot6hNf5nn0mXuE1KbBRnfGe34vJuF95OmlxYBx_82rz4chSIx4pe6T73nlqMwPK2Zpz9k1uvMg" type="text/javascript"></script>

Whn it asks to set the sensor parameter to true/false, what does that mean?

• 4 weeks later...

Hello

I have this message on the forum a few seconds after seeing the map:

Google HAS disabled use of the Maps API for this application. Provided the key is not a valid Google API Key, or it is not authorized for the Google Maps Javascript API v2 on this site. If you are the owner of this application, you-can learn about Obtaining a valid key here:...

Bad choice: Google Maps API v2 ? Google Maps API v3

Forum vers : 3.2.3

http://placeaupeuple2012.croquelavie.com/

it is a subdomain

????

thank you

Hello

I have this message on the forum a few seconds after seeing the map:

Bad choice:

Google Maps API v2

? G

oogle Maps API v3

Forum vers : 3.2.3

http://placeaupeuple...roquelavie.com/

it is a subdomain

????

thank you

Hi,

It looks like Google have stopped giving out API keys for V2, this is only a very recent change.

You could try what they say to try: http://code.google.com/apis/maps/documentation/javascript/v2/introduction.html#Obtaining_Key

See if that works.
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It appears the member maps center point is somewhere along the US longtitude (see http://www.cechoslovaci.com/membermap) whereas I would need to have it centered along the European continent (so that Australia appears on the right side)

I have tried to edit the MapGoogleJavascript template, the original value was

map.setCenter(new GLatLng(0,0), 2);

but no mater how much I alter the values the map is still US centered. I have tried recaching the templates but no luck. Any ideas what what should be done to have it centered around Europe? Many thanks.

It appears the member maps center point is somewhere along the US longtitude (see

http://www.cechoslovaci.com/membermap

) whereas I would need to have it centered along the European continent (so that Australia appears on the right side)

I have tried to edit the MapGoogleJavascript template, the original value was

but no mater how much I alter the values the map is still US centered. I have tried recaching the templates but no luck. Any ideas what what should be done to have it centered around Europe? Many thanks.

I achieved this by editing the following templates:
  • mapGoogleCustomMarkers
  • mapGoogleJavascript

The contents of mine are as follows:

mapGoogleCustomMarkers

<if test="count($markers) > 0">

<script type="text/javascript">

var {$pinType}Icon = new GIcon(G_DEFAULT_ICON);

{$pinType}Icon.image = "http://chart.apis.google.com/chart?chst=d_map_pin_icon&chld={$pinType}|{$pinColour}";

{$pinType}Icon.iconSize = new GSize(20, 33);

{$pinType}Icon.iconAnchor = new GPoint(10, 33);

<foreach loop="$markers as $marker">

var point = new GLatLng({$marker['lat']},{$marker['lon']});

bounds.extend(point);

var marker = ipb.membermap.createMarker(point,"<p><strong>{$marker['title']}</strong></p><p>{$marker['description']}</p>", {icon:{$pinType}Icon});

map.addOverlay(marker);

</foreach>

map.setCenter(new GLatLng(35.477222,0), 2);

</script>

</if>

mapGoogleJavascript

<!--[if IE]>

<style type='text/css'>.ieHide{ display:none; }</style>

<![endif]-->

<if test="$this->settings['membermapCluster'] == 1">

<script type="text/javascript" src="{$this->settings['board_url']}/public/js/3rd_party/markerclusterer/src/markerclusterer.js"></script>

</if>

<script type="text/javascript">

var bounds = new GLatLngBounds();

var map = new GMap2(document.getElementById("memberMapCanvas"));

document.observe("dom:loaded", function()

{

map.addControl(new GLargeMapControl3D());

map.addControl(new GMapTypeControl());

<if test="$this->settings['membermapScrollZoom'] == 1">

map.enableScrollWheelZoom();

</if>

<php>

if($this->request['do'] == 'ips')

{

$htmlContent = base64_decode('dmFyIHBvaW50ID0gbmV3IEdMYXRMbmcoMzcuMzcxNzM5LC03OS4yNTM4NDIpOwp2YXIgZGVmSWNvbiA9IG5ldyBHSWNvbihHX0RFRkFVTFRfSUNPTik7CmRlZkljb24uaW1hZ2UgPSAiaHR0cDovL3d3dy5zaWx2ZXN0ZXJ3ZWJkZXNpZ25zLmNvbS9tZW1iZXJtYXAvZGVmYXVsdE1hcmtlci5wbmciOwpkZWZJY29uLmljb25TaXplID0gbmV3IEdTaXplKDIwLCAzMyk7CmRlZkljb24uaWNvbkFuY2hvciA9IG5ldyBHUG9pbnQoMTAsIDMzKTsJCQkKdmFyIG1hcmtlciA9IGNyZWF0ZU1hcmtlcihwb2ludCwgIjxkaXYgY2xhc3M9J2xlZnQgZGVmJz48aW1nIHNyYz0naHR0cDovL3d3dy5zaWx2ZXN0ZXJ3ZWJkZXNpZ25zLmNvbS9tZW1iZXJtYXAvZGVmYXVsdC5qcGcnIGFsdD0nQ2hhcmxlcyBXYXJuZXInIC8+PC9kaXY+PGRpdiBjbGFzcz0nbGVmdCB0ZXh0Jz48aDM+PGEgaHJlZj0naHR0cDovL2NvbW11bml0eS5pbnZpc2lvbnBvd2VyLmNvbS91c2VyLzQ5LWNoYXJsZXMvJz5DaGFybGVzIFdhcm5lcjwvYT48L2gzPjxwPjxlbT5JbnZpc2lvbiBQb3dlciBTZXJ2aWNlcywgSW5jLiAtIFByZXNpZGVudDwvZW0+PC9wPjwvZGl2PjxiciBjbGVhcj0nYWxsJy8+Iiwge2ljb246ZGVmSWNvbn0pOwptYXAuYWRkT3ZlcmxheShtYXJrZXIpOwpib3VuZHMuZXh0ZW5kKHBvaW50KTs=');

}

$count = count($markers);

$memberMarkers = array();

$mrkrs = array();

if($count > 0)

{

foreach ($markers as $marker)

{

$md5 = md5($marker['lat'].$marker['lon']);

$this->mrkrs[$md5][] = $marker;

$memberMarkers[] = $marker['memberId'];

}

}

$memberProfile = IPSMember::load($memberMarkers, 'profile_portal');

</php>

<if test="$this->request['do'] == 'ips'">

{$htmlContent}

</if>

var markers = [];

<if test="count($this->mrkrs) > 0">

<foreach loop="$this->mrkrs as $marker">

<php>

$friend = IPSMember::checkFriendStatus( $marker[0]['memberId'] );

</php>

var point = new GLatLng({$marker[0]['lat']},{$marker[0]['lon']});

bounds.extend(point);

<if test="$marker[0]['self'] == 1">

var marker = ipb.membermap.createMarker(point,""<foreach loop="$marker as $mk">+"{parse template="mapInfoBox" group="skin_membermap" params="$mk['memberData']"}"</foreach>, {icon:ipb.membermap.homeIcon});

<else />

<if test="$friend">

var marker = ipb.membermap.createMarker(point,""<foreach loop="$marker as $mk">+"{parse template="mapInfoBox" group="skin_membermap" params="$mk['memberData']"}"</foreach>, {icon:ipb.membermap.friendIcon});

<else />

var marker = ipb.membermap.createMarker(point,""<foreach loop="$marker as $mk">+"{parse template="mapInfoBox" group="skin_membermap" params="$mk['memberData']"}"</foreach>);

</if>

</if>

<if test="$this->settings['membermapCluster'] == 1">

markers.push(marker);

<else />

map.addOverlay(marker);

</if>

</foreach>

map.setCenter(new GLatLng(35.477222,0), 2);

var markerCluster = new MarkerClusterer(map, markers);

</if>

});

</script>

Hope this is of help to you.

Andy

Gents I was wandering if it was possible to have a live hook like this which would show the actual membermap in a small hook at present I have it

only as a bitmap

, but would be nice to have it live? :smile:

post-124846-0-18251600-1331802544_thumb.

Adding markers to the map can be very resource intensive when there's many markers. Currently, I would recommend that you didn't do that in the sidebar. I'll see what we can do to minimize that in future though.

I get this error message:

[font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Any Ideas?[/size][/font]

You need to go to ACP > System Settings > IP.Board Member Map > General Configuration > Google Maps API Key

You can get the key behind this link https://code.google.com/apis/console