Any way to add multiple products in Commerce at once?

Nebthtet

• 4 months later...
On 9/12/2019 at 8:07 AM, Nebthtet said:

Do you know of any way to add multiple products in Commerce at once? I know I could just do it via SQL query but there has to be a more convenient way (and if there isn't - why?)... Please advise 🙂

I don't know why there no more information for this issue.

Please advise, right now member have to choose one by one, and repeating the Continue shopping... circle. 

On 9/12/2019 at 9:07 AM, Nebthtet said:

Do you know of any way to add multiple products in Commerce at once? I know I could just do it via SQL query but there has to be a more convenient way (and if there isn't - why?)... Please advise 🙂

There is no UI to add multiple products at once, no.

9 hours ago, kmk said:

I don't know why there no more information for this issue.

Please advise, right now member have to choose one by one, and repeating the Continue shopping... circle. 

The OP is talking about adding products in the AdminCP, not adding products to the cart on the front end. You can add more than one product to your cart on the front end.

2 minutes ago, bfarber said:

You can add more than one product to your cart on the front end.

Thanks, my issue is related Not possible selected more than one product then checkout. 

Each time I choose one product the page ask me the same question "Continue Shopping or Checkout"... I need purchase 20 items, that mean I need made 20 times selection of the question message. There any way can avoid the message? Because if I want to checkout, I will go to the cart icon and start the checkout process. 

20 minutes ago, kmk said:

Thanks, my issue is related Not possible selected more than one product then checkout. 

Other than both issues being about the Commerce app, it is in fact completely unrelated. 

Each time I choose one product the page ask me the same question "Continue Shopping or Checkout"...

It’s just a confirmation pop-up telling you that the product was successfully added to the basket. You don’t even have to answer the “question”. You can also click the dismiss icon. 

This type of functionality is pretty normal. You want a “call to action” to finish an order. Otherwise people might just get distracted on the site again and possibly never finish the order. You get exactly the same kind of confirmation/question on Amazon for example. 

Yeah, unless I'm totally missing something here...the behavior being described is how basically every shopping cart (that doesn't automatically redirect you to the checkout at least) works in my experience.

If you are talking about adding 20 of the same product, there's usually a quantity selector when viewing the product that you can adjust before adding that product to your cart.

1 hour ago, opentype said:

You don’t even have to answer the “question”. You can also click the dismiss icon. 

The problem is normally as users, they don´t know can dismiss it just continue choosing products, when appear the message demand user check it and take an action touching something.

It will not problem if your scene of use is a purchase of one or 2, or 3 items....in my case, my member have to choose more than 10 items...around 20....in this case the user experience is not good.

Another problem is, after choose one product, the page don´t appear number or my purchase, this case dificult user visualize which item I already taked, because we are talking about a purchase of more than 10 products. In the screen showing the list of products....the normal logic is, if I already choose this product, there should be appear a number that indicate me the product is already taked, and I can continue choose others products I still haven´t taked.

2 hours ago, bfarber said:

Yeah, unless I'm totally missing something here...the behavior being described is how basically every shopping cart (that doesn't automatically redirect you to the checkout at least) works in my experience.

If you are talking about adding 20 of the same product, there's usually a quantity selector when viewing the product that you can adjust before adding that product to your cart.

My scene is not take 20 times of one product, I have 20 products, different for purchase, inside one product category.

Archived