(DP44) Ban from Topic

• 3 months later...

Hi, I'm interested in purchasing this and I was wondering if you have any plan to make different types of ban available based on each topic, instead of making it a global setting.

What I mean is I'd rather have different types of ban activated throughout different topics at the same time:

TOPIC A: users in the ban list are banned from posting

TOPIC B: users in the ban list are banner from viewing

Edited by Shiyo
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi @DawPi, sorry to bother you again. Whenever a viewing ban is in applied to a topic, would it be possible to auto-hide its contents from guests as well? At the current state I'm always forced to hide the whole forum from visitors, otherwise banned users could easily bypass the viewing-block (all they'd have to do is to log out and come back as guests). 

Edited by Shiyo
syntax
  • 1 month later...

Never mind on this, it would be simpler to just ban the user from the topic and then apply a warning manually. this would be coherent with the reste of the forum.

Actually i would love a system where a member would automatically get points when one of is posts is masked or edited but moderators but this is not the behaviour of IPS so this was  a bad idea from me.

The temporary ban would be great though 🙂

On 2/1/2020 at 10:43 AM, bearback said:

running v4.4.9.2 and have just noticed an issue when moving a topic 

When moving a topic to another forum and using the option Leave a link to the new location?  it throws an could not locate error and wont move the topic. If I disable the ban plugin then all returns to normal and can move topics with no error. Tested on my live and demo forum with the same results.

Thank you

link.thumb.jpg.4f6a640ffc59d74c988aa0a344e5098c.jpgerror.thumb.jpg.d18b3477493db159d9fb7cc797f91999.jpg

Hi

This issue is back again, using  4.4.10 and your latest version for 4.4

thank you