Mark Topic

13 hours ago, James101 said:

@Runar - Hi, I was testing the plugin today and it seems to be working fine except for one issue. When selecting Forum Type as 'Questions', the marker does show up on topic view and option to 'Mark Topic' but when marking topic it does not show the tag on forum view - http://prntscr.com/uhspph

Thank you for reporting this bug! I’m working on a new release with support for 4.5 and a few bug fixes, and I’ll make sure to fix this issue as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, 

1. It support clubs forums? 

2. After each mark action, it will send notification to followers? 

3. When it will upgraded to 4.5?

4. Can I set some marks as required when members create a topic? But it should be selectable for specific forum. Then moderators change the marker? Example, required member set markers "Bug" or "Issue" for club topic, then if the topic receives solution or meet some criteria, moderators add one mark more before the "Bug". Finally the topic will contains 2 markers, the newest should appear before the oldest. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2020 at 8:57 AM, kmk said:

1. It support clubs forums? 

I haven't tested Clubs, but I'll take a look!

2. After each mark action, it will send notification to followers? 

That's a good idea, I'll see if I can make this an option.

3. When it will upgraded to 4.5?

I'm working on a new version now, hopefully released later this week or early next week.

4. Can I set some marks as required when members create a topic? But it should be selectable for specific forum. Then moderators change the marker? Example, required member set markers "Bug" or "Issue" for club topic, then if the topic receives solution or meet some criteria, moderators add one mark more before the "Bug". Finally the topic will contains 2 markers, the newest should appear before the oldest. 

What you're describing here is the built-in tags feature, though I'm not sure if you can require one or more tags. My plugin currently does not and will probably never allow you to mark a topic with more than one marker.

On 10/4/2020 at 4:12 AM, kmk said:

Could you add marks available for post? After a post is Marked, the Marker badge and 3 lines post content appear in the Topic Summary as redirect link to the original post? 

I'll take a look, but I don't think that's something this plugin will be able to provide. After all, the plugin is named Mark Topic, not Mark Topics and Posts. 😄

Edited by Runar

For everyone else, I'm currently working on a huge update with support for 4.5. The new version will be an application instead of a plugin, as this makes it far easier to provide new functionality.

In addition to official support for 4.5, I'm working on the following new features:

• Choose between multiple markers when marking a topic.
  • Set custom background color and text color on the marker badges.
  • Choose marker badge position (before or after topic title).
  • Send notifications to topic starters when their topics are marked and/or unmarked.
  • Support for "Questions" forums.

I hope to release the new version later this week or early next week.

Suggestions for more features are always welcome!

What’s new in version 2.0.0:

The plugin is now an application! This means a new location in the ACP (under the "Community" section), but apart from that everything should work as before. When updating, the application will automatically move all of your markers and marked topics to the new database so you won't loose anything. After the update is complete, the old plugin will be uninstalled and removed.

Another change is the price. The new price — which only affects new purchases — is $15 plus a small renewal fee of $7.50/6 months. This will ensure the application is kept up to date with new versions of Invision Community, and give me room to add new features when suggested by you, my customers. The total price for one year will be around $0.08 per day, which I think is acceptable.

Now, let's take a closer look at the changelog:

New features

• Users can now choose between multiple markers when marking a topic, if multiple markers are available.
  • Notifications will be sent to topic authors when their topics are marked and/or unmarked by anyone else.

Improvements

• Added options to customize marker badge background color and text color.
  • Added option to customize marker badge position (before or after topic title).
  • Added option to show marker text in topic page titles.
  • Added live preview of marker badge style when creating and editing markers in the ACP.
  • Added option to prevent members from unmarking topics.

Fixes

• Fixed marker badges displaying incorrectly (in some cases not displaying at all) in "Question" forums.
  • Fixed a few small annoyances in the markers sections of the ACP.
  • Improved the handling of marked topics in the database.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 11/30/2020 at 9:10 PM, James101 said:

@Runar - I am having a bit of a permission issue. I have set the correct permissions and double checked everything yet my moderators are unable to see the option to 'mark a topic' except for their own topics. Administrators can see the option but no other staff groups. Can you help me out once you get a chance?

Thank you!

Same issue. @Runar

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/30/2020 at 8:10 PM, James101 said:

@Runar - I am having a bit of a permission issue. I have set the correct permissions and double checked everything yet my moderators are unable to see the option to 'mark a topic' except for their own topics. Administrators can see the option but no other staff groups. Can you help me out once you get a chance?

Thank you!

On 2/17/2021 at 11:57 AM, livegames.co.il said:

Same issue. @Runar

I apologize for not replying sooner. Do you still experience this issue?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Another bug I am facing is, I have set up multiple markers for a sub-forum but each marker has different permissions to which group can  use it. However, on the front end, the groups can see all the markers as an option. But when they select the marker without permissions for them, it gives an error.

@Runar - So I was looking around the application to see if I can do something for a temporary solution but I just opened a worm box it seems. The application is plagued with random bugs unfortunately.

Bug 1 - http://prntscr.com/11j39h2 and http://prntscr.com/11j3eo0
When marking a topic with permission allowed to mark set to Staff group, the button next to topic title on forum view shows only to staff members and not to normal members.
P.S : This is not the option 'Mark topic as' but the result that shows up the button next to topic name shows up to only staff members.

Bug 2 - http://prntscr.com/11j3e22 and http://prntscr.com/11j3eo0
When permissions are enabled for all groups. Double markers show up next to Topic Title for normal users but a single marker for staff members.

This is not all, the app has a lot of permission issues. Bugs are random because I have other markers set up with permissions to all groups and they work as intended on front end with normal users seeing only badge next to topic title instead of two.

I think the application has an issue of conflicting permissions - 

There should be two sets of permissions for each marker -

1. Groups that can see the option to 'Mark a Topic as'
2. Groups that can see the marked button next to topic title on forum view after a topic has been marked or this should be shown to all by default

Currently only those who can mark can see the marked button and not other groups without permission to 'Mark a Topic'

Please correct me if I am wrong.

On 4/8/2021 at 1:16 AM, James101 said:

Another bug I am facing is, I have set up multiple markers for a sub-forum but each marker has different permissions to which group can  use it. However, on the front end, the groups can see all the markers as an option. But when they select the marker without permissions for them, it gives an error.

This sounds strange. I’ll take a look and see if it’s a bug with the application or with your forum. I’ll let you know shortly.

8 minutes ago, James101 said:

So I was looking around the application to see if I can do something for a temporary solution but I just opened a worm box it seems. The application is plagued with random bugs unfortunately.

Please clear your cache and see if that solves anything. Also, let me know if you’ve made any custom changes to your theme files (or if you’re using a custom theme, the name of the theme), as there might be some issues there.

8 minutes ago, James101 said:

There should be two sets of permissions for each marker -

Everyone should be able to see if a topic is marked or not (the color marker that appears in the forum and topic views), regardless of whether or not they have permission to mark the topic. If the topic marker does not show up for everyone, it’s most likely an issue with either your theme or caching. However, cases like yours are hard to debug, so would you be willing to send me a link to your forum so I can take a closer look?

8 minutes ago, Runar said:

This sounds strange. I’ll take a look and see if it’s a bug with the application or with your forum. I’ll let you know shortly.

Thank you. The permissions are messed.
Sometimes users with no permission to Mark the Topic see the option to Mark it and upon Marking it, they get an error.
Sometimes users with no permission don't see the 'Mark the Topic' option but see the Marked badge next to topic title if the topic is marked
Sometimes users with no permission can neither see the Mark button or Marked badge

11 minutes ago, Runar said:

Please clear your cache and see if that solves anything. Also, let me know if you’ve made any custom changes to your theme files (or if you’re using a custom theme, the name of the theme), as there might be some issues there.

Already tried doing that. We haven't made any changes to the theme but we do use two themes - Acme and Infraskew

11 minutes ago, Runar said:

Everyone should be able to see if a topic is marked or not (the color marker that appears in the forum and topic views), regardless of whether or not they have permission to mark the topic. If the topic marker does not show up for everyone, it’s most likely an issue with either your theme or caching. However, cases like yours are hard to debug, so would you be willing to send me a link to your forum so I can take a closer look?

I thought the same, only then using the application would make sense as 'Marking the Topic' is an option to make organizing easy for Staff mainly and normal users don't have much use of the markers. But unfortunately it isn't working like that. I tried the default IPB theme and still have the same error - http://prntscr.com/11j5gg5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2021 at 6:31 PM, James101 said:

@Runar - Any update?

I’m sorry for the delay. I’ve been quite busy with my ordinary job these last months, but I’ve got some vacation time coming up and I’ll have more time to look at your (and other) issues next week. I might need to take a look at your community, if that’s possible?

On 5/6/2021 at 3:32 PM, Runar said:

I’m sorry for the delay. I’ve been quite busy with my ordinary job these last months, but I’ve got some vacation time coming up and I’ll have more time to look at your (and other) issues next week. I might need to take a look at your community, if that’s possible?

Hi, no worries. I understand. I have sent the details over PM to you.

Cheers!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...