Club Categories ( Support Topic )

• 3 months later...

The app does not respect club permissions by counting how many clubs are in the category. If we have private clubs then they should not be count for the guests. Otherwise we have categories that are supposed to have 3 clubs but no clubs are displayed in the category listing.

On 6/30/2019 at 9:54 PM, Sonya* said:

I am not sure if you aware of: on mobile the categories are shown BELOW the clubs list. It should be above as nobody would scroll down in the hope to find category selector :rolleyes:

Its very good idea 🙂 In my mobile view there is no categories only "show all categories" by default ;/

If a category is deleted then we get an exception instead of 404 error while trying to open the link:

OutOfRangeException:  (0)
#0 /var/www/virt/project/htdocs/init.php(816) : eval()'d code(73): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord::load(20)
#1 /var/www/virt/project/htdocs/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\core\modules\front\clubs\clubcats_hook_clubsDirectory->category()
#2 /var/www/virt/project/htdocs/applications/core/modules/front/clubs/directory.php(52): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#3 /var/www/virt/project/htdocs/init.php(816) : eval()'d code(37): IPS\core\modules\front\clubs\_directory->execute()
#4 /var/www/virt/project/htdocs/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\core\modules\front\clubs\clubsenhancements_hook_ceControllerDirectory->execute()
#5 /var/www/virt/project/htdocs/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#6 {main}

19 hours ago, wegorz23 said:

Any chance to improve this? Showing categories under the clubs is not so good idea. No one will see it.

I will see what I can do, Because they are in the sidebar IPS automatically drops the sidebar to below the content when using mobiles, I will look into it though, I am pretty sure I done something along them lines on another app what wanted them on top

1 minute ago, TheJackal84 said:

I will see what I can do, Because they are in the sidebar IPS automatically drops the sidebar to below the content when using mobiles, I will look into it though, I am pretty sure I done something along them lines on another app what wanted them on top

You can use CSS responsive classes to hide block in sidebar if on mobile and show it above the clubs. 

3 minutes ago, Sonya* said:

You can use CSS responsive classes to hide block in sidebar if on mobile and show it above the clubs. 

Yeah what I will probably do is hide it on phone but I will need to edit the main template adding it above the content and hide that on desktop and tablet so when using desktop / tablet it shows the sidebar, when using mobile it'll hide the sidebar one and show the one on the main template what will be designed for mobiles, The whole sidebar drops below the content so the sidebar can not be used in this case for mobiles

Edited by TheJackal84
On 11/9/2019 at 9:43 AM, Sonya* said:

If a category is deleted then we get an exception instead of 404 error while trying to open the link:

OutOfRangeException:  (0)
#0 /var/www/virt/project/htdocs/init.php(816) : eval()'d code(73): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord::load(20)
#1 /var/www/virt/project/htdocs/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\core\modules\front\clubs\clubcats_hook_clubsDirectory->category()
#2 /var/www/virt/project/htdocs/applications/core/modules/front/clubs/directory.php(52): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#3 /var/www/virt/project/htdocs/init.php(816) : eval()'d code(37): IPS\core\modules\front\clubs\_directory->execute()
#4 /var/www/virt/project/htdocs/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\core\modules\front\clubs\clubsenhancements_hook_ceControllerDirectory->execute()
#5 /var/www/virt/project/htdocs/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#6 {main}

Still there and annoying, as the links are consumed by search engines. There should be proper 404 error.

Hi there,

Currently the clubs widget doesn't have a filter for categories. I'd like to be able to show each category's clubs in different home page sections.

Also, the directory page doesn't show any of the usual buttons or widgets when you navigate to an empty category - you'd expect users to try to head to X category to create a club for X.

Is it reasonable to ask for fixes to these?

8 minutes ago, Nakamura0114 said:

Currently the clubs widget doesn't have a filter for categories. I'd like to be able to show each category's clubs in different home page sections.

Do you mean you would like a widget to show clubs from xyz categories only?

8 minutes ago, Nakamura0114 said:

Also, the directory page doesn't show any of the usual buttons or widgets when you navigate to an empty category - you'd expect users to try to head to X category to create a club for X.

I can look into it

9 minutes ago, Nakamura0114 said:

Is it reasonable to ask for fixes to these?

Every request is reasonable, I will not bite if you request additions to my stuff, 90% of my updates ( what are over 500 all in all ) have been made with requests, Just let me know and I'll see what I can do :biggrin:

On 6/23/2019 at 9:38 PM, AlexWright said:

Hi @TheJackal84! We have an issue. Clubs in a category inaccessible to some users still appear on the "All Clubs" main page. They are able to see/read/view/join these as well, despite them being unable to access that category. Is this the intended behavior?

Regards,

Alex

Is there any word on this? Appears to still be an issue.

Thanks for making this app!  It was really needed.

One question though...

The category side box shows up on the main club page as well as when you click on any of the "sub-catgories" and that's perfect.  However, the category box does not show if you click on a parent category (container) link.  As a matter of fact.... all side bar boxes disappear on that page with one exception.... the default "all clubs" box.

Is that right?  or am I missing something?

In my mind it presents a slight nav problem if a user clicks on the parent category (container) link.  As they will then find themselves without the category nav box to move around.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...