Anonymous Members

ahc

18 hours ago, GASR said:

Since the latest update to 4.3.4 (with all patches applied as well), some members are showing as anonymous even though we disabled that feature back in the fall of 2017.

I had that issue when I first upgraded to 4.3.4, was showing about 12 anonymous members online and that group of members have the anonymous option disabled.

After clearing my cache and refreshing my browser all returned to normal. :biggrin:  

7 hours ago, bearback said:

I had that issue when I first upgraded to 4.3.4, was showing about 12 anonymous members online and that group of members have the anonymous option disabled.

After clearing my cache and refreshing my browser all returned to normal. :biggrin:  

So the members who are effected by this would need to clear their cache?  

18 hours ago, bearback said:

sorry not clear enough, using the ACP support tool to clear the cache.

Ah, I've done that quite a few times actually and also used the clearing tools from Spacious ACP as well without any luck.  I've submitted a support ticket already, but thanks for your suggestion!

• 4 weeks later...

I apologize for not posting this sooner.  The issue was found and resolved for me. 

The settings of one of my secondary groups was modified after a patch from Invision was applied.  (We checked to see that the group hadn't been modified by a person in over a month to rule out human error.)  The forced anonymous login setting was ticked when it shouldn't have been.  While it was an easy fix, I did express my concern that an update would change group related settings as this could potentially give access to content that certain members aren't meant to see or vice versa, and we wouldn't know unless we happened to stumble upon it or it created an issue such as this one.

I don't know if this is what's causing your issues, but viewing the groups of someone who is showing up as anonymous and checking those group permissions would be a good start.

Archived