(NE) Content limits for editor

This one is 99% done and dusted - that missing 1% is down to a little behaviour which I'm trying to figure out in relation to checking for the number of videos added to a post. Hoping to have this released over the next few days, at which point it becomes compatible with IPS 4.5 only.

A little sneek-peek of the settings for the new version....

ezgif-3-88479bb0dcda.gif

What's new in v2.0?

• Conversion of the plugin to an application
  • Functionality extended out to include Pages & Calendar, instead of just the Forum
  • Ability to apply limitations based on group membership, instead of the previous 'one size fits all' approach
  • Ability to apply chosen limits to either the first item (Forum -> Topic, Pages -> Record, Calendar -> Event) or to replies to those items, or to both.
  • Ability to limit the number of links/videos/images/emoji/spoilers
  • Control over how quoted content is handled

IMPORTANT:
After the installation of v2.0.0, please manually disable, and then delete, the "(NE) Content limits for editor" plugin. This should have been done during the installation but I neglected to remove the comments on the code that would normally do this. This will be rectified in v2.0.1, if/when it is needed.

Edited by Nathan Explosion

v2.0.1 has been submitted for approval

What's fixed in v2.0.1?

• Installation routine modified to fix the following:
    • Plugin version not being automatically uninstalled
    • Settings for plugin not being converted if plugin was configured to target ALL groups, instead of SOME groups
  • Settings page wouldn't open if any of the following were either not installed or were disabled:
    • Forums
    • Calendar
    • Pages
    • Note: this fix can be provided as a patch file if 2.0.1 is not available yet.
4 minutes ago, Unlucky said:

I have selected this to apply to two groups but it seems to still effect all groups.

Can't reproduce - would suggest you clear your site cache via the support tool, as the plugin version's JS code was loaded ALL the time, unlike with the new version where I only load it where it is needed.

If still an issue then I won't be troubleshooting and fixing the plugin version any further.

4 hours ago, Nathan Explosion said:

v2.0.1 has been submitted for approval

What's fixed in v2.0.1?

• Installation routine modified to fix the following:
    • Plugin version not being automatically uninstalled
    • Settings for plugin not being converted if plugin was configured to target ALL groups, instead of SOME groups
  • Settings page wouldn't open if any of the following were either not installed or were disabled:
    • Forums
    • Calendar
    • Pages
    • Note: this fix can be provided as a patch file if 2.0.1 is not available yet.

Hey @Nathan Explosion I'm guessing this is what's happening here? If that's the case, would you be able to send me the patch file? Thanks!

8 minutes ago, Justin Stellman said:

Hey @Nathan Explosion I'm guessing this is what's happening here? If that's the case, would you be able to send me the patch file? Thanks!

Not needed - v2.0.1 is already available, so upgrade to that. If you already have, and are still experiencing an issue, then I can take another look..