(NE) Content limits for editor

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

@Nathan Explosion A couple of suggestions to improve this amazing app, if possible.

In summary, add options also to the topic title, in order to prevent low-quality titles:

1. Minimum number of word/characters in the topic title.

2. List of ban words for topic title. Here we would enter phrases such as "help me" and others that don't help others to know beforehand what the topic is about.

I hope you can add them to the app.

Thank you in advance!

Cheers.

The language suggestion - that's already fixed in my next version.

3 minutes ago, Gabriel Torres said:

@Nathan Explosion A couple of suggestions to improve this amazing app, if possible.

In summary, add options also to the topic title, in order to prevent low-quality titles:

1. Minimum number of word/characters in the topic title.

2. List of ban words for topic title. Here we would enter phrases such as "help me" and others that don't help others to know beforehand what the topic is about.

I hope you can add them to the app.

Thank you in advance!

Cheers.

This, however, will not be as this application is specific to the Editor and will remain so.

Your suggestion would be better handled instead with a hook on the field that performs custom validation on submission of the topic, and returns an error if the validation fails.

Edited by Nathan Explosion
  • 2 weeks later...

@Nathan Explosion

Our users are being able to bypass the minimum number of characters limitation by simply adding aditional spaces in their posts. It is amazing how instead of following the rules, people spend time thinking about how to break them. The solution would be to treat contiguous space characters as a single character. So, for example, 10 sequential space characters would be counted as a single one.

I hope you can add this feature in a future release! 😁

Cheers!