(NE) Content limits for editor

1 minute ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Gotcha...think I know what is going on then. Will have an update out in a few days...might try to loop in a few new features too.

If I can add a suggestion ... the Words "word" or "character" are not  in the language bit  ... at least I can't find them  .....   so the translation keeps the word "word" in English. 

What's fixed in 1.0.3

• Fixed issue with limits not being applied to replies when plugin was configured to target some (not all) forums.

Note: no new features in this release - I'll be looking into a version 2 soon, and will be adding some additional functionality which will include at least the following:

• extending the plugin out to Pages database records and/or comments.
  • ability to set different limits per group, instead of the current 'one size fits all' approach.
  • ability to apply limit to first post in topic and/or replies to topics.
  • adding additional items into the limits, such as number of videos, images, links, spoilers, attachments and emoticons/emojis.

No ETA at this time - when there is an update then it will be provided.

Edited by Nathan Explosion
  • 3 weeks later...

Can't wait for the new version which will limit links. We see a huge increase of users that signup just to drop a link and then never come back or posting anything useful. So if you can add a limitation of links in the message I would set up a members group for members that just signed up and till they make 5-10 useful posts without links they will not be promoted to regular member group where they can posts links.

Edited by MediaDIGI.com
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/12/2020 at 4:54 PM, breatheheavy said:

Interested in this, too. Have been trying to get in touch with Nathan for weeks now but he might just be too busy. 

Not busy - just quite visually challenged 😄

Hello all - it's been quite a while since I have been on here but I am finding my way back in to the wild now. I've had some issues with my eyes which has severely impacted my ability to do pretty much anything screen related but we've got this under control over the last few months and I've recently been given the OK to get back to my proper day job (I work in IT) as long as I take proper rests instead of ignoring what my head is telling me it needs.

Just want to update on what I've got planned for this plugin - I will be converting it to an application at some point, doing a complete re-write of the Javascript involved in doing the checks against content.

3 hours ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Not busy - just quite visually challenged 😄

Hello all - it's been quite a while since I have been on here but I am finding my way back in to the wild now. I've had some issues with my eyes which has severely impacted my ability to do pretty much anything screen related but we've got this under control over the last few months and I've recently been given the OK to get back to my proper day job (I work in IT) as long as I take proper rests instead of ignoring what my head is telling me it needs.

Just want to update on what I've got planned for this plugin - I will be converting it to an application at some point, doing a complete re-write of the Javascript involved in doing the checks against content.

Glad to hear you're feeling better. 🙏 

• 3 months later...