(NE) Content limits for editor

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, LittleFang said:

This plugin stopped allowing anybody to post, despite word counts and limits.  Just totally bugged out out of nowhere.  Disabled temporarily, hopefully a fix comes out soon because there have been no other changes!

I can't fix something with such little information provided - so help me to help you

• What are your configuration settings? (Screenshots, please)
  • What version of IPS software are you running?
  • Custom theme, or default IPS theme?
  • "Because there have been no other changes" implies that at least one change has taken place - what was that change? You downloaded this last on 22nd October, so has it been working without issue since then and then something happened, or has it not been working since you downloaded it?

Please bear with me, I have a migraine and had to wade through the back end to figure out why my customers couldn't post. 😞  I was wondering if anybody else was having issues at the time of posting.

Brain isn't processing what configuration information you want.

Running:

Version: 4.5.4

PHP    v7.4.11
MySQL    v5.5.5-10.3.22-MariaDB-cll-lve

Custom Theme

I've made no changes, is what I've meant.  I hadn't touched the back in maybe a week or more, except for the recent forum software update.

Thank you for your help.

Hello Nathan,

Is this plug available for 4.4?  The listing in the marketplace only lists 4.5.

We aren't upgrading to 4.5 for another month or two, but would like to purchase and use your plugin now for our current install.

Thank you.

4 minutes ago, mls@meryton.com said:

Hello Nathan,

Is this plug available for 4.4?  The listing in the marketplace only lists 4.5.

We aren't upgrading to 4.5 for another month or two, but would like to purchase and use your plugin now for our current install.

Thank you.

Thanks for the interest! If you purchase it, the 4.4 plugin version will be available for download via the 'change log'

• 1 month later...

Hello Nathan,

Happy Thursday. I am back with another small adventure.  Our board recently upgraded to 4.5.4, and the (NE) Content Limits for Editor worked great in our Test space.

Last week, in live production of ICB 4.5.4, the plugin claimed it needed updating and then after the update CLfE moved into Applications.  And then things got weird.  Here are the two issues:

1) I can't select all Member Groups or even get a select dropdown like in your screenshots for the app, instead I get a text field where I have to set the settings for every darned legacy group.  Please see screenshot #1.

2) When I set a word limit of 10,000 words for a certain group and then save it.  It does not give a word count in the bottom of the editor or tell me when I have gone over. See screenshot #2.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Screen Shot 2020-12-10 at 12.52.56 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-10 at 1.05.01 PM.png

Issue no.1 - Working as intended, as per the release information for v2.0.x:

On 10/14/2020 at 3:33 PM, Nathan Explosion said:

Ability to apply limitations based on group membership, instead of the previous 'one size fits all' approach

I can take a look at a toggle that allows settings to be applied to ALL groups, like the old version, or on a per-group basis like the new version. UPDATE ON THAT: done.....that was a lot easier than it used to be. Glad I redeveloped this one from the mess it used to be  😄 .

Issue no.2 - show me the tab with the settings for the "certain group" and then send me a link to your site, along with login credentials for an account in that same group, please, so that I can check the code on the site. Let me know about this - if there is a bug then I can get it sorted for v2.0.2, along with the above new functionality.

2 hours ago, mls@meryton.com said:

I can't select all Member Groups or even get a select dropdown like in your screenshots for the app

I'll get around to updating the screenshots at some point (needs to be done at same time as submitting a new version) - they are based on the old plugin, not the new application.

Edited by Nathan Explosion
  • 2 weeks later...

And I have looked into it - and it already checks when editing:

image.thumb.png.78560fb07effcda2d23e0b2c4683535f.png

Please provide your steps to reproduce the issue, in clear bulleted order and indicating exactly what is being done, and show what limits you have enabled for the user group for which you are testing.

My own personal suspicion is that they are disabling Javascript in their browser, then editing, but as the application uses Javascript to achieve what it does then there isn't much I can do about do outside of getting more involved in inspecting the submitted content, which is not something I'm likely to do with this application at this time.

Edited by Nathan Explosion
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi, on my forum where I only have the word limit set to two forum sections for some reason is affecting non selected sections when you reply to very large posts. I have attached two images of the word limit warning showing up in my forum section for novels that is not selected to have a limit and the settings section.

Screenshot 2021-01-27 at 8.41.01 PM.png

Screenshot 2021-01-27 at 8.38.30 PM.png

Edited by telunia
15 hours ago, telunia said:

Hi, on my forum where I only have the word limit set to two forum sections for some reason is affecting non selected sections when you reply to very large posts. I have attached two images of the word limit warning showing up in my forum section for novels that is not selected to have a limit and the settings section.

Now that I have taken a closer look at this, the actual issue is nothing to do with "...very large posts"

The actual cause is the specific topic being viewed in "Forum A", which is not configured to be affected by the application's setttings, actually has the same ID as a "Forum B" which is configured to be affected by the application's settings.

I'll have a closer look and an update will be out soon enough.

v2.0.3 has been submitted for approval

• FIX: resolved issue where if the application is configured to affect topics in "Forum A" then it didn't affect comments being added to a specific topic in a different forum when the topic happens to have the same ID as "Forum A"
  • FIX: resolved issue where if the application is configured to affect records in "Database A" then it didn't affect comments being added to a specific record in a different database when the record happens to have the same ID as "Database A"
  • FIX: resolved issue where if the application is configured to affect events in "Calendar A" then it didn't affect comments being added to a specific event in a different calendar when the event happens to have the same ID as "Calendar A"

Reminder for myself...next version, update the flipping screenshots!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi @Nathan Explosion

I use this useful app on my betting forum to force the user to elaborate on their sports picks. (minimum word restriction on first post only)
Lately, more and more users in my community bypass the minimum word limit restriction by uploading a simple picture with no words. its looks like uploading a picture from the mobile trick the app restriction. from the desktop the restriction works perfect.

To reproduce this issue,

please set this configuration, and just upload a picture to the forum from the mobile, with no words at all. 

image.png.e81520490b5ada6451d9df819448ea0b.png

image.png.b14fbc59d4f3a8400d16cc725c87a0fe.png

Edited by livegames.co.il