IPB Bug Tracker.

THL

Is there a bug tracker still?

Just a minor skin issue, just had the forum upgraded to latest revision and when its offline, the header logo banner area height is smaller than normal so cuts logo off...just a heads up..

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Charles said:

When you submit a support ticket our staff will let you know when any issue you are experiencing is fixed.

That fine... But how about all the other issues that people reported? It was nice to see all the changes and things to look forward to being fixed. 

Sorry, but this is way to plain Jane for updates. I end up hunting all over the site looking for changes. Then get frustrated when something was changed and can't figure out how long its been changed or not set up correctly because of an update or fix. Like the comment about Ad code I dug all over the software tempting to locate this change and got frustrated because I can't find any information about the change or what new setting?

Key Changes

This is a maintenance release to fix reported bugs. Other changes include:

• RSS feeds now use guest page caching system
  • Analytic tracking code has been moved to inside head tag
  • Ad code placement has a new setting to clarify how sidebar display should be handled
  • Various enhancements to Redis engine including data stored encrypted at rest
  • Search result improvements 

It was better when the paying members could see the bug reports and see thing being fixed and when. Kind of rough now not knowing when things change during an update. 

1 hour ago, Mopar1973Man said:

It was better when the paying members could see the bug reports and see thing being fixed and when.

Or promised to be fixed in 4.2 and it has never happened.
(Importing the edit history from another script)

Looking back on the previous versions...

Key Changes
4.2.5 is a maintenance release that fixes issues identified in 4.2.4.

So you go back and look at 4.2.4...

Key Changes
4.2.4 is a maintenance release that fixes issues identified in 4.2.3.

As you can see the release notes are meaningless... So what was fixed in 4.2.0, 4.2.1, etc.??? What has been reported??? At least the bug reports would have more meaning for us. I can see having the bug reports for active license holders and deny to people allow the license to elapse or no longer using the software.

On 11/10/2017 at 6:57 AM, Charles said:

When you submit a support ticket our staff will let you know when any issue you are experiencing is fixed.

I think the point is that people would like to see the product roadmap. It's quite useful to allow us to lookup the status of known bugs & feature-requests, and even up-vote or add additional information to them. It's fairly common practice in most modern dev shops to provide a customer interface to a product's issue/feature tracker.

In fact, I just posted on another issue/suggestion topic in this forum as there was a link to the old bug-tracker posted but now that doesn't work and there's no further posts about the status of the issue. If the tracker was semi-public, I could have easily seen if the issue was still known problem and gotten an ETA for fix or voted for a fix.

2 hours ago, orp said:

In fact, I just posted on another issue/suggestion topic in this forum as there was a link to the old bug-tracker posted but now that doesn't work and there's no further posts about the status of the issue. If the tracker was semi-public, I could have easily seen if the issue was still known problem and gotten an ETA for fix or voted for a fix.

Mean this page?

Which has the link...

http://community.invisionpower.com/resources/bugs.html

Which lead me back to searching on Google and finding this thread...

Archived